It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 68  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tad Queasy wrote:
What is it with WSCR and all the lying by their hosts? I never hear hosts on AM1000 spewing the bullshit like Bernstein, Leery, and Julie.

The only person there who comes close is Kaplan but I've never gotten the impression he was lying, just bragging and name dropping.

The only workable thing I have been able to come up with is ratings. At some point one of them (Bernsie?) or some consultant told them it works. Like they were somehow told most sane (not us) listeners are random and not long time and mostly will never hold them to the crap they say. And if they did they can control that. So say anything they think will gain traction and ride it out till the next thing.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
It's interesting that, like Julie, he felt the need not just to praise the lady but to disparage the man/boy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Is it possible the neighbor hated 4 year old Dan and wanted him to get good at football so he would get CTE?

Haha. Too bad she failed. I wonder if she taught him how to turn on a 95 mph baseball.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
To believe his story one would have to accept that in 1975 you could just flip on the TV and find a football game being aired, let alone with "all 22" coverage, to show the fully developed routes that were being run. Even today with all the camera angles you are lucky to see a full route by any WR.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:05 pm 

Franky T wrote:
To believe his story one would have to accept that in 1975 you could just flip on the TV and find a football game being aired, let alone with "all 22" coverage, to show the fully developed routes that were being run. Even today with all the camera angles you are lucky to see a full route by any WR.

Yeah I thought the whole identifying NFL routes comment was weird. The way the cameras are zoomed in, you typically don't see the whole route. Some replays show them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:16 pm 

Franky T wrote:

and, since Dan, by his own admission, has always watched the lines since he was a youth, he would have to replay games at least once. This was before the advent of VHS and Beta, so maybe he and a young Seacrest were getting tapes from Ginny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
Franky T wrote:

and, since Dan, by his own admission, has always watched the lines since he was a youth, he would have to replay games at least once. This was before the advent of VHS and Beta, so maybe he and a young Seacrest were getting tapes from Ginny

Pretty sure he was beta long before it came along.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Too bad Danny can't see this way his web of lies was outed.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
data protection laws in Europe make it difficult to Google people like you can in the USA, has anyone checked to see how real Dr Louise Paine is?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:12 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
You've all made interesting points.

I hate to be direct but does anybody think Dan is full of shit?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:13 pm 

America wrote:
data protection laws in Europe make it difficult to Google people like you can in the USA, has anyone checked to see how real Dr Louise Paine is?

Who's Zed?

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:22 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:

There does appear to have been a Louise Paine in Deerfield, b. 1891 d. 1974, which means she would have button-hooked off this mortal coil shortly after teaching pre-K Dan Bernstein how to play wideout.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:35 pm 

America wrote:
data protection laws in Europe make it difficult to Google people like you can in the USA

Now IMU will never be able to find your real address.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:32 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
America wrote:

There does appear to have been a Louise Paine in Deerfield, b. 1891 d. 1974, which means she would have button-hooked off this mortal coil shortly after teaching pre-K Dan Bernstein how to play wideout.
It would be a very gutsy thing to lie about since he not only said her name but also that she was the principal at some high school and probably had thousands of listeners who would have known that was BS.

Last edited by Brick on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
America wrote:

It would be a very gutsy thing to lie about since he not only said her name but also that she was the principle at some high school and probably had thousands of listeners who would have known that was BS.

don't let common sense get in the way of rampant speculation!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Curious Hair wrote:
America wrote:

Pretty big coincidence that she was 83

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
America wrote:

Pretty big coincidence that she was 83

Octogenarians out there throwing frozen ropes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
she probably blew her brains out when the Bernstine family moved in next door.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Hatchetman wrote:
she probably blew her brains out when the Bernstine family moved in next door.

Proper response.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
America wrote:

It would be a very gutsy thing to lie about since he not only said her name but also that she was the principal at some high school and probably had thousands of listeners who would have known that was BS.

BRick to Dan's rescue!! A true love story.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
America wrote:

If you're not laughing your ass off at the mere idea of an 83 year old woman throwing passes to a thirty year old attorney while li'l danny sits in rapt attention, I think you're lacking in the sense of humor department.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
America wrote:

Cmon.. He is full of shit and routinely talks out of his ass, you think he's turning around a 95 mph heater too?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I’d have that same story but my next-door neighbor wasn’t a Principal of a prestigious high school with a PHD and a rocket arm.

He was 70-year-old former horse race owner that drank Crown Royal by the case.

The only go-route he knew was “hey, Dr. Ken, go grab that Royal.”

When we moved into this house we had to clear the garage and barn out of I’d say several hundred empty bottles of some sort of scotch and countless cigar tubes. It was a part time residence of an attorney who grew up in area and moved to Chicago but loved his home town.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
America wrote:

If you're not laughing your ass off at the mere idea of an 83 year old woman throwing passes to a thirty year old attorney while li'l danny sits in rapt attention, I think you're lacking in the sense of humor department.

If it was true, Dr. Payne had to be packing a 6 inch penis.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
http://www.lindenwood.edu/files/resources/1964-fall.pdf

Dr. Louise Paine referenced on page 5.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:30 am 

she was like john Lithgow in The World According to Garp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:52 pm 

Quote:
Dan Bernstein‏@dan_bernstein

I hope your Christmas is peaceful and meaningful.

And I hope Jesus Christ would be proud of anything done in or toward his name, pursuant to his deep and abiding commitment to those less fortunate.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
conns7901 wrote:
Quote:

And I hope Jesus Christ would be proud of anything done in or toward his name, pursuant to his deep and abiding commitment to those less fortunate.

So, in other words, "Merry Christmas, ya filthy idiotic animals."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
conns7901 wrote:
Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 68  Next