It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 5456
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
My God, this kid is a fucking idiot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8182
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Image

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 34614
Location: Raytheon Acres, VA
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Every time I hear him I'm waiting for his argument to devolve to "well how do we KNOW the Earth revolves around the sun? How do we KNOW is all?"

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 5456
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
Today he had a theory, that where Kris Bryant bats in the order, is dictated on keeping his dad happy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 pm
Posts: 2467
pizza_Place: Pizza? We don't need no stinkin' pizza!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:46 pm
Posts: 1790
pizza_Place: I miss Carmen's
I swear that Dustin's role is to make people think that Mulligan must be smart for not having the dumbass screaming hot takes which Dustin has.

I listen to 5 at 5 about once every two weeks, and Dziepak comes across as a Rhodes Scholar by comparison.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:55 am
Posts: 2313
pizza_Place: Giordano's
Does he have a twitter?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:07 pm
Posts: 1747
Location: A large oak tree.
pizza_Place: Nowhere
Caller Bob wrote:
Today he had a theory, that where Kris Bryant bats in the order, is dictated on keeping his dad happy.


Daddy Bryant. That was something. Heard about 15 minutes or so and happened to catch that one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:48 pm
Posts: 351
pizza_Place: Tortorice's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Today he had a theory, that where Kris Bryant bats in the order, is dictated on keeping his dad happy.


Daddy Bryant. That was something. Heard about 15 minutes or so and happened to catch that one.


I don't like Dustin but kris Bryant's dad is fucking annoying

_________________
I am the liquor Randy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 14719
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Dreadnaught847 wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Today he had a theory, that where Kris Bryant bats in the order, is dictated on keeping his dad happy.


Daddy Bryant. That was something. Heard about 15 minutes or so and happened to catch that one.


I don't like Dustin but kris Bryant's dad is fucking annoying




I've never heard Bryant's dad speak, they showed him in the stands one time when I was watching, where do you hear this guy?

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:07 pm
Posts: 1747
Location: A large oak tree.
pizza_Place: Nowhere
The coverage during the Boston series was a bit much and there was stuff about him early on with him coaching his son's swing as he grew up but I don't hear/see much usually. The early life stuff sounds about the same as Almora junior's dad minus the minor leaguer in Red Soc system. As far as him being meddlesome as Rhodes was implying, perhaps he said something about the service time thing but I really only remember Boras saying things. I tend to ignore sports parents.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45134
Location: Darkside Estates
Dustin might be the stupidest person at the score.
Yes.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:29 pm
Posts: 29631
Darkside wrote:
Dustin might be the stupidest person at the score.
Yes.


Now that drinky is gone, yes.

It was close between those two.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45134
Location: Darkside Estates
Beardown wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Dustin might be the stupidest person at the score.
Yes.


Now that drinky is gone, yes.

It was close between those two.

Drink might be an idiot, but he's not stupid. There's a difference. Dustin is stupid.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 27972
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
FrankDrebin wrote:
Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
leashyourkids wrote:
The reality is that all of us family men have grappled with our own mortality, giving us an enlightened perspective, and that is why HawaiiYou should marry this toothless meth addict.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 468
pizza_Place: Barraco's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I swear that Dustin's role is to make people think that Mulligan must be smart for not having the dumbass screaming hot takes which Dustin has.

I listen to 5 at 5 about once every two weeks, and Dziepak comes across as a Rhodes Scholar by comparison.

Heh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 468
pizza_Place: Barraco's
This guy is seriously the worst. The worst takes at the station.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:35 pm
Posts: 2764
Location: Lindenhurst
pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Dumber than ZZ?
I don't listen to M&H so I'm spared the takes of Mr. Rhodes. From what I have heard over the years is NO ONE has dumber takes than ZZ.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 27972
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
wdelaney72 wrote:
Dumber than ZZ?
I don't listen to M&H so I'm spared the takes of Mr. Rhodes. From what I have heard over the years is NO ONE has dumber takes than ZZ.


Yeah, but Zaidman is the "Comical Ali" of the Bears.

_________________
leashyourkids wrote:
The reality is that all of us family men have grappled with our own mortality, giving us an enlightened perspective, and that is why HawaiiYou should marry this toothless meth addict.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 468
pizza_Place: Barraco's
wdelaney72 wrote:
Dumber than ZZ?
I don't listen to M&H so I'm spared the takes of Mr. Rhodes. From what I have heard over the years is NO ONE has dumber takes than ZZ.

I don't listen too often to M&H, but every time I turn it on, Rhodes is chiming in about something. I hear ZZ's Bears hits occasionally, and I get the bit. I don't hear him host too often, so I don't get his thoughts on the wider variety of life's topics.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 23069
Location: A sterile, homogeneous suburb
pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I was gonna bump this thread the other day. He has worse thoughts than anyone on the station, and he gets indignant about them. He yelled at Mully for butting in the other day, which I would have applauded coming from anyone but him.

_________________
312player wrote:
More weird jews..smh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:46 pm
Posts: 1790
pizza_Place: I miss Carmen's
Hopefully he'd do something 1-2x/week with the NFL. Ideally one hour on the Bears, one hour on the rest of the league. Maybe combine it with Sunday morning pregame.

If it's a podcast, I'll think I'll listen but I really won't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 32866
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Hopefully he'd do something 1-2x/week with the NFL. Ideally one hour on the Bears, one hour on the rest of the league. Maybe combine it with Sunday morning pregame.

If it's a podcast, I'll think I'll listen but I really won't.

Wut?

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19027
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
I was listening to Mully and Hanley one morning earlier this week (tbh I was probably too lazy to turn the dial from the Cubs game the night before) and Dustin Rhodes was claiming that nachos are nachos if it is just the chips and cheese. Like...was insulted someone would call those nachos. Got yelly.

I did manage to eventually PTFB.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:05 am
Posts: 461
Location: Clarendon Hills
pizza_Place: Rosati's
i still think its entirely possible his segments are scripted for idiocy.

_________________
"...the desperate assumption that somebody...or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 23069
Location: A sterile, homogeneous suburb
pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
IMU wrote:
I was listening to Mully and Hanley one morning earlier this week (tbh I was probably too lazy to turn the dial from the Cubs game the night before) and Dustin Rhodes was claiming that nachos are nachos if it is just the chips and cheese. Like...was insulted someone would call those nachos. Got yelly.

I did manage to eventually PTFB.


I think that was the same day he yelled at Mully.

_________________
312player wrote:
More weird jews..smh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47219
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
They call him 'The Natural.'

He's natural as can be.

Yeah, they call him 'The Natural.'

It just comes naturally.

He's the son of a son and a son of a gun.

The hoss do the rodeo bulldog, that's the natural one.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 3659
pizza_Place: Luigi's
:lol: The first time I heard Dustin on one his over the top rants, I seriously thought it was a lame attempt SNL Superfan bit.

Then I found out it was a real thing and even that much funnier when they would play the Benny Hill Theme Song while he ranted. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Rhodes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:52 pm
Posts: 468
pizza_Place: Barraco's
IMU wrote:
I was listening to Mully and Hanley one morning earlier this week (tbh I was probably too lazy to turn the dial from the Cubs game the night before) and Dustin Rhodes was claiming that nachos are nachos if it is just the chips and cheese. Like...was insulted someone would call those nachos. Got yelly.

I did manage to eventually PTFB.

Haha that's the reason I bumped the thread. What an awful hill to die on.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group