It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:09 pm
Posts: 3540
pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
I listened to a good chunk of the 6am hour and it was an entertaining listen. I think Olin and Big Cat were in studio with Mully. Not a lot of Mully talking either, I enjoyed it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45132
Location: Darkside Estates
Good stuff about Jonathan Quinn.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 69689
Ya know I would have liked to listen because I think Kruetz has an interesting pov but during my 8 minute drive to the train station Mully spoke the ENTIRE time.

I almost forgot they were there. Then finally Kreutz laughed into the mic.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 3652
pizza_Place: Luigi's
Agreed - good stuff. Enjoyed the Bears stories from Big Cat & Olin.

Olin giving lots of credit to veteran center, Casey Weigmann, for making him a true professional. Said they weren't the best of friends because of the competition for starting position but he learned a lot.

Said he watched everything he did - study film, take notes, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:09 pm
Posts: 3540
pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Darkside wrote:
Good stuff about Jonathan Quinn.


i didnt hear that, about what time this morning was that said?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:50 am
Posts: 7730
Location: Schaumburg
pizza_Place: Palermo's
I like Big Cat.

Wasn't Olin regarded by pretty much everyone at the station to be a bad guy, locker room bully, etc. when he was a player?

Mully sullies everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 32843
Was this Big Cat Williams or Ogie's boyfriend Big Cat?

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 32928
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Caught the last hour or so ... could get used to that.

_________________
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been ... nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.
- Isaac Asimov


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 3652
pizza_Place: Luigi's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Wasn't Olin regarded by pretty much everyone at the station to be a bad guy, locker room bully, etc. when he was a player?


I seem to remember Hunter Hillenmeyer being quoted in one of the papers saying he hated going to work everyday because of Olin. Don't remember the exact words but something to that effect...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45132
Location: Darkside Estates
billypootons wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Good stuff about Jonathan Quinn.


i didnt hear that, about what time this morning was that said?

He said that when he was on the sidelines Quinn was (paraphrasing] a big talker, most confident guy on the bench but when he was pressed into actions his eyes were huge and scared and his hand's shook in the huddle and all he wanted to do was call running plays.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 20700
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
Godfella wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Wasn't Olin regarded by pretty much everyone at the station to be a bad guy, locker room bully, etc. when he was a player?


I seem to remember Hunter Hillenmeyer being quoted in one of the papers saying he hated going to work everyday because of Olin. Don't remember the exact words but something to that effect...


That was probably when Bernsie was on his the NFL locker room is like an office and need HR oversight kick.

_________________
I don't know. I will ask Jorr.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 17688
pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
what was that famous Cutler lip read? "why don't you fucking block somebody?!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 25036
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I'm sure it's tough being an O-lineman,but QB isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Those guys take a beating. Quinn sucked but he comes from a long line of Bears QB's who have.

_________________
favrefan said:"Chris Coghlan isn't gonna pay your rent, Jimmy."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:46 pm
Posts: 5613
pizza_Place: Giordano's
Imagine just how upset Ogie will be when he clicks on the thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:50 am
Posts: 7730
Location: Schaumburg
pizza_Place: Palermo's
jimmypasta wrote:
I'm sure it's tough being an O-lineman,but QB isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Those guys take a beating. Quinn sucked but he comes from a long line of Bears QB's who have.


I always thought the "The QB should wear a skirt!" crowd was silly. QBs are getting flattened by guys nearly twice their size running at them full speed trying to put them in the hospital and (most of the time) they keep getting up.

If you want to say rule changes in the last several years meant to protect the QB have gotten out of hand I won't disagree as grazing a QB's helmet with a hand or an arm should not be a roughing the passer penalty, but you have to be pretty damn tough to take the punishment most of those guys take.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 17688
pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
well IMO that nobody cares about ,if you take a five step drop and stand there for 2 seconds you deserve to get blasted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:05 am
Posts: 459
Location: Clarendon Hills
pizza_Place: Rosati's
when all the richie incognito stuff first came to light from Dolphins camp years back, the 670 guys jumped all over kreutz saying how he was just like incognito and was a bully to teammates and rookies and an asshole in the locker room. but of course now its all smiles and dick shakes when they can get a name to appear on the show. holmes isnt the only fake at the station

_________________
"...the desperate assumption that somebody...or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 25036
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Hatchetman wrote:
well IMO that nobody cares about ,if you take a five step drop and stand there for 2 seconds you deserve to get blasted.


Let's see this season with the Bear WR crew. It's going to be the QB's fault he's standing there?

_________________
favrefan said:"Chris Coghlan isn't gonna pay your rent, Jimmy."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 25036
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
when all the richie incognito stuff first came to light from Dolphins camp years back, the 670 guys jumped all over kreutz saying how he was just like incognito and was a bully to teammates and rookies and an asshole in the locker room. but of course now its all smiles and dick shakes when they can get a name to appear on the show. holmes isnt the only fake at the station


Exactly!

_________________
favrefan said:"Chris Coghlan isn't gonna pay your rent, Jimmy."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group