It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Bump. I love this thread. Never gets old.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
This motherfucker goes long stretches of barely being coherent....stream of consciousness....it would be impressive if it wasn't, uh, ya know, uh, so uh, FUCKING ANNOYING

Good god. he sucks. wow. how? why?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
this thread was dormant for almost a year? has he improved or are we immune to his rambling? i guess im paying more attention to the number of times he cuts off haugh midstream... haugh not as willing to let mully ramble as hanley was

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The thing I like about m&h is how fast paced it is. 5@5 is very good, with one guest after another. Mullys annoying delivery is minimalised. They don't get into endless, pointless whole segment talk amoung themselves very often like m&p.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:02 am 

Did we lose MattInTheCrown? Did we ever find out if he sold out and bought a house?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
vitoscotti wrote:
The thing I like about m&h is how fast paced it is. 5@5 is very good, with one guest after another. Mullys annoying delivery is minimalised. They don't get into endless, pointless whole segment talk amoung themselves very often like m&p.

5@5 isn’t with guests. It’s the hosts and producers circling jerking. And it’s not even at 5 which I find mildly annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Did we lose MattInTheCrown? Did we ever find out if he sold out and bought a house?

Crown Point isn’t for the faint of heart.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

5@5 isn’t with guests. It’s the hosts and producers circling jerking. And it’s not even at 5 which I find mildly annoying.
"Even though its the FIVE AT FIVE, its really uh the FIVE at like, uh 5:22, but at any rate, its a good idea to get these ideas and notions out in the open so we can uh talk about them and program the uh show and then OPEN UP THE PHONE LINES as we are the uh VOICE OF THE FAN! So Sean Payton, I mean uh is he a good coach or is he a bad coach? I mean he's been doin in down there for God knows how long! And he has a uh hall of fame quarterback and uh his defenses generally don't do much, but his special teams! My god, that Lutz kid, he isn't a uh klutz like the guy we have here in CHICAGO! And Steve Gleason, God bless him, with the blocked punt, so uh yeah his uh, where am I going with this? OH YEAH! So he special teams are good, and his offense can just uh whoop arse against most teams in the league, but I dunno, because when you get down that close to the uh goal line and you don't run the ball, with the uh chance to GO TO THE SUPER BOWL on the line, I mean I dunno if I can uh, say he's a good coach or not..."

This...really just would not have a positive effect on anybody that early in the morning.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
billypootons wrote:
this thread was dormant for almost a year? has he improved or are we immune to his rambling? i guess im paying more attention to the number of times he cuts off haugh midstream... haugh not as willing to let mully ramble as hanley was

haugh is the worst. he's ruined the eccentricities that made the show work. mully's ridiculous rambling and hanley's awful jokes made the show so unintentionally funny. sprinkle some dustin meatball bits and i like the mix.

i've greatly reduced my listening with haugh in the chair.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:11 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Yea, I get in the car at 557 and never understood that.

Do they do it at 5:55 or something?

It's a good segment, imo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:12 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
billypootons wrote:

haugh is the worst. he's ruined the eccentricities that made the show work. mully's ridiculous rambling and hanley's awful jokes made the show so unintentionally funny. sprinkle some dustin meatball bits and i like the mix.

Yes, he is the worst host in the history of radio.

And in high school, his coach tossed him a helmet, he missed it and lost his two front teeth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
Kirkwood wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I am genuine dumbfounded how people with two working ears and half a brain can think Haugh is worse than Mully. Mully is by faaaaar the worst host in the entire city. By far. I mean, he can't fucking speak--or think. And the actual content of his thoughts are pretty terrible as well. No matter what Haugh has to offer in terms of a sports take is irrelevant. He's automatically not as bad as Haugh simply because he can speak a coherent sentence and do so without using "uh" and "um" 17,000 a show.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Mully is awful, as are you.

That said, Mac interviewed DP today..I'm no fan of DP but he mentioned an interviewing class he attended ( Mac too) mully needs to spend a week there, that loud mouthed fatty doesn't STFU.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Didn't want to start a new thread just to ask a general M & H question...

Where do the traffic sound bytes - "Let's Go!" and "Let's Do This!" - originate from? Movie? Television? Wrestling?

Curious minds and all...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:18 pm 

Today, 3rd hour (7:00) of the show, I tuned in and heard Mully rumble and stumble with this opening volley for James Fegan:

Quote:
Mully: Really looking forward to uh, to uh a resolution with this, uh, friends and family plan and whether it works with Manny Machado, um, wh what are what are your thoughts on that, there's so many conflicting reports that keep coming out. Um, the Sox have made an offer, we know that, we don't know the actual numbers, there, have been I think seventy-five million different offers, between those numbers, one seventy-five two-fifty don't know where it lands but um, I I I, is this all I know you write today, um about the um, ah, the ah waiting game, y'know, the just the where you're at with the ghost of Manny the mirage in the desert is, uh, when do ya make a decision when does heee get signed or not signed as time goes on is it in the White Sox favor does it gets and ultimately ... does it matter?

Fegan: Does it matter to get Manny Machado?

That was the first two minutes of the "interview".

Hard to believe they actually do air checks at the station.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:26 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Today, 3rd hour (7:00) of the show, I tuned in and heard Mully rumble and stumble with this opening volley for James Fegan:

Quote:
Mully: Really looking forward to uh, to uh a resolution with this, uh, friends and family plan and whether it works with Manny Machado, um, wh what are what are your thoughts on that, there's so many conflicting reports that keep coming out. Um, the Sox have made an offer, we know that, we don't know the actual numbers, there, have been I think seventy-five million different offers, between those numbers, one seventy-five two-fifty don't know where it lands but um, I I I, is this all I know you write today, um about the um, ah, the ah waiting game, y'know, the just the where you're at with the ghost of Manny the mirage in the desert is, uh, when do ya make a decision when does heee get signed or not signed as time goes on is it in the White Sox favor does it gets and ultimately ... does it matter?

Goff used to do the long all-over the place question like Mullys. Then , can you rephrase that? The guys candid confused response to Mully was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Barracos
I heard this segment - I was, and still am SHOCKED by how much time was devoted to White Sox talk...Someone must have cancelled.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:39 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:

Quote:

translated: talk about the current status of the white sox pursuit of manny machado

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm 

Bostonians pronounce pizza peezzer?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:35 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Flipping rhotic and non-rhotic vowels is a New England thing, or at least used to be. Marching bands with tubers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Bostonians also change the "earl" in their "cahz".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:54 am 

pizza_Place: Burts place
Ought to be a great show today. Mulli will have a good 15 minute rambling rant on the White Sox. Douchebag will be on the edge of his seat listening, I guarantee that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:08 am 

disappointing to see this thread bumped with no new content

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Godfella wrote:
Didn't want to start a new thread just to ask a general M & H question...

Where do the traffic sound bytes - "Let's Go!" and "Let's Do This!" - originate from? Movie? Television? Wrestling?

Curious minds and all...

Awfully late to answer, but ...

"Let's Do This" is from a Raw promo by Brock Lesnar ... didn't get his vocal punctuation quite right for whatever reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lS61mjBIOU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Mully doing the read for that drink machine this morning was hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:14 am 

Genius thread

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:18 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I miss Matt in the Crown. Wonder what he's doing today. I got the sense that he was the heir to a lucrative family business; perhaps he's managing a local real estate empire.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:21 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
I miss Matt in the Crown. Wonder what he's doing today. I got the sense that he was the heir to a lucrative family business; perhaps he's managing a local real estate empire.

Hes finishing up a Mully story transcript from 2017

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:06 am 

this thread is one of my fav threads on this site. it's too bad no one listens to this morning show anymore to transcribe his interview "questions"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:26 pm 

Mully - first "question" to Florio on 1/30/2024:

You know we're kind of weighing all of this stuff as we look at, uh, where the Bears are at right? We see the Superbowl through the prism of, ya know, the do you use the number one pick to try to get someone as good as Patrick Mahomes cuz gosh he's good or do you say well all you need is if the coach does his job right any quarterback fits the system and you can just trade down, collect a bunch of all pros and, uh, and maybe get a quarterback to to stick in the middle of that maybe Justin Fields with more around him could be, uh, uh, a better version of uh Zach, of uh, Brock Purdy. What, what what do you think?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next