It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hanley Out!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
polster wrote:
denisdman wrote:

How about Parkins pic with his double chin as a skinny fat guy look! :)

Uhhh that is a shame too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I actually forgot today was the last day, so just listened to the ending on the podcast. I get all the other moves by DeCastro... this one makes me scratch my head a bit. Maybe it was just money?? Not sure. It was nice to hear music on AM other than the Steve Dahl segment called "If I Play A Song, I Don't Have To Come Up With As Much Stuff To Fill This 37 Minutes Of The Hour That Isn't Commercials." I think that morning show was pretty excellent, and I am sure Haugh will be fine, but I dunno...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Peoria Matt wrote:
Yep.

Hanley is a pro's pro.

DeCastro can fuck off.

I'm sorry, but the post Decastro takeover > pre Decastro takeover. That being said, from one man to another, I can feel for Hanley. However, he had to know this was coming; journalism as a career is dead, this sports radio gig is a fickle bitch and he had a longer run than most. I hope he saved his money. If he didn't, I know this is easier said than done, but he's got to reboot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:45 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
Hanley got fucked. Sad to hear his goodbye. He barely held it together.

:(

I just listened. It's brutal.

Mulligan is a jack was for saying hed be looking for a weapon, almost made Brian sound weak..

Could have just said Brian handled it with nothing but class, didn't have to insert himself in.

It was really bad. Not a good look for The Score.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
Hanley got fucked. Sad to hear his goodbye. He barely held it together.

:(

I just listened. It's brutal.

Mulligan is a jack was for saying hed be looking for a weapon, almost made Brian sound weak..

Could have just said Brian handled it with nothing but class, didn't have to insert himself in.

You know, you’re really a little pud.

Just my opinion...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:

He was just saying he was mad about it, and Brian is handling it better than he would.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
It would have been kind of funny if Mully had concluded Friday's show by saying "Keep in touch, Leon." to Hanley.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Just heard McCaffery say that Hanley will the on the air very soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Peoria Matt wrote:
Just heard McCaffery say that Hanley will the on the air very soon.

I'd think that if he's still under contract he'd be one of the logical choices to fill in while McNeil is at cottage next month.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:06 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

He was just saying he was mad about it, and Brian is handling it better than he would.

I know he meant well, but i think it could have been phrased better.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:09 am 

I know that Hanley likes Bruce, but I cant think of a guy less in tune with the subjects of "Born to Run" than Brian Hanley

He just doesnt seem like the type to be on any last chance power drives or having anyone strapping their hands across his engines.

Man that was sad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
rogers park bryan wrote:
I know that Hanley likes Bruce, but I cant think of a guy less in tune with the subjects of "Born to Run" than Brian Hanley

He just doesnt seem like the type to be on any last chance power drives or having anyone strapping their hands across his engines.

Man that was sad.

I don't think I agree with that entirely. In its broadest sense, the song is about finding an escape from an economic system that has gone haywire. I'd say Hanley's experience at the Score aligns with that subject matter pretty well. I'm gonna guess that Bruce wouldn't mind it if Hanley imagines he is sharing an everlasting kiss with "Wally" rather than "Wendy".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
@jodonnell17
2h2 hours ago

Has Brian Hanley quietly been given assurances that he'll be co-hosting afternoon's on WSCR-AM no later than January?...Current duo is a failure & more fodder for enemies of JdeCastro & Mitch Rotunda who insist that both have hopelessly mucked up schizo sports swillant...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
@jodonnell17
2h2 hours ago

Has Brian Hanley quietly been given assurances that he'll be co-hosting afternoon's on WSCR-AM no later than January?...Current duo is a failure & more fodder for enemies of JdeCastro & Mitch Rotunda who insist that both have hopelessly mucked up schizo sports swillant...

I like the afternoon show. Is the consensus that it is failing?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:43 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
@jodonnell17
2h2 hours ago

That's what I'm hearing too. Hanley and JDC in the afternoons!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:40 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
@jodonnell17
2h2 hours ago

If that's true, does McNeil or Parkins get paired with Hanley? I assume it's Parkins but if it's not they can dust off the "McNeil and Han-a-ley" intro that was to the tune of The Munsters theme.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:47 pm 

It is Jim O'Donnell guys. He's been writing fan fiction about how the people he dislikes at The Score will be replaced by people he likes for longer than this forum has even existed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
@jodonnell17
2h2 hours ago

If that's true, does McNeil or Parkins get paired with Hanley? I assume it's Parkins but if it's not they can dust off the "McNeil and Han-a-ley" intro that was to the tune of The Munsters theme.

I'd have to assume it would be McNeil and Hanley in that scenario. But it makes no sense. You wanted to get younger with Haugh, so why bring back Hanley after taking him from an already successful show?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

So DeCastro is going to implode one of his own radio experiments--the Parkins-Mac pairing--so he can find a landing spot for Hanley? I don't think so, although anything is possible I suppose.

More likely, though, is that DeCastro would continue his assault on Bernstein, who is likely the station's highest-paid employee while occupying a relatively unimportant time slot. If the lineup is going to be changed again in the near future, Bernstein should be very nervous. There's no glory in being a slightly smarter (and much more expensive) version of Connor McKnight.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
So DeCastro is going to implode one of his own radio experiments--the Parkins-Mac pairing--so he can find a landing spot for Hanley? I don't think so, although anything is possible I suppose.

More likely, though, is that DeCastro would continue his assault on Bernstein, who is likely the station's highest-paid employee while occupying a relatively unimportant time slot. If the lineup is going to be changed again in the near future, Bernstein should be very nervous. There's no glory in being a slightly smarter version of Connor McKnight.

This. Hanley is getting squat and Bernsie knows he is on his last big contract. He understands though it is only business. Actually, it would not surprise me that someday it leaks that Bernsie is chasing down his next iteration in whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

More likely, though, is that DeCastro would continue his assault on Bernstein, who is likely the station's highest-paid employee while occupying a relatively unimportant time slot. If the lineup is going to be changed again in the near future, Bernstein should be very nervous. There's no glory in being a slightly smarter (and much more expensive) version of Connor McKnight.

Julie DiCaro has earned her shot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Definitely. She's the #3 evening host in Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:19 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Julie DiCaro has earned her shot.

That may be, but we don't advocate domestic violence around here. Well, at least most of us don't.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
ZephMarshack wrote:
It is Jim O'Donnell guys. He's been writing fan fiction about how the people he dislikes at The Score will be replaced by people he likes for longer than this forum has even existed.

"..after 6 months, WSCR's midday poltroon duo of "Wheezie" Boers and "Boom-Boom" Bernstein are a clear failure and the great Chet Coppock's talents are being wasted doing Hawks pre and post on the erstwhile Sportschannel. Change is in the air on Belmont.."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:33 pm 

It will never happen, but Garfield becoming a host in the afternoon would likely be the beginning of the end of her career, at least at WSCR, as her lack of knowledge would be exposed to a much larger (at least temporarily) audience than it is a few times a week from 10 PM to midnight and late Saturday afternoon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:43 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
@jodonnell17
2h2 hours ago

I like the afternoon show. Is the consensus that it is failing?

It is the gaspiest show on either 670 or 1000.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:

That's true, but I still think Bernstein is skating on thin ice.

There's no point in pairing Bernstein with a Bernstein simulation on the same show. One of the Bernstein variants needs to go. I'm going to guess that DeCastro will jettison the more expensive one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:54 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

That's true, but I still think Bernstein is skating on thin ice.

There's no point in pairing Bernstein with a Bernstein simulation on the same show. One of the Bernstein variants needs to go. I'm going to guess that DeCastro will jettison the more expensive one.

Oh no doubt on Bernstein's status at the station. It doesn't help that DeCastro seems to actually like McDoink for who knows what reason.

O'Donnell himself seemed to be referring to Mac and Parkins though. That's most likely because he seems to dislike Mac almost as much he does Bernstein, rather than as a result of any sources at WSCR or connection to reality in general.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:

I would doubt he really knows anything. As Zeph pointed out, he's been grinding his axe against the Score longer than he's been going after Dummy DeLuca, but the way I read it is that the powers that be may already be tired of DeCastro.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:13 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I would doubt he really knows anything. As Zeph pointed out, he's been grinding his axe against the Score longer than he's been going after Dummy DeLuca, but the way I read it is that the powers that be may already be tired of DeCastro.

It also wouldn't make sense to take a guy off the air so you could give him a different job 4 months later.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next