It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hanley Out!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
GoldenJet wrote:
Let's get Meatpants back on the air.

I'm good, thanks.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FrankDrebin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
I for one never liked this show. Neither Mully nor Hanley seemed to have any insight into anything or any interesting opinions on anything. The experience of listening to this show is like the experience of walking up to your cousin at a 4th of July picnic and hearing an answer to the question "How about those Cubs?" I always felt the show was a throwback to the way the Score used to sound about 15 years ago when Mike North still ruled the airwaves. Either you like this type of show or you like the Dan Bernstein/Matt Spiegel/Danny Parkins approach to sports radio. I much prefer the Bernstein style to the Mully and Hanley style.

Also, it will be nice to have somewhere to go for sports radio in the morning now. Golic and Wingo are equally as awful as Mully and Hanley just for different reasons.

The Deacon was one of my favorites growing up

One of the greatest White Sox nicknames of all time. That's why I picked the name.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Warren Newson wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
I for one never liked this show. Neither Mully nor Hanley seemed to have any insight into anything or any interesting opinions on anything. The experience of listening to this show is like the experience of walking up to your cousin at a 4th of July picnic and hearing an answer to the question "How about those Cubs?" I always felt the show was a throwback to the way the Score used to sound about 15 years ago when Mike North still ruled the airwaves. Either you like this type of show or you like the Dan Bernstein/Matt Spiegel/Danny Parkins approach to sports radio. I much prefer the Bernstein style to the Mully and Hanley style.

Also, it will be nice to have somewhere to go for sports radio in the morning now. Golic and Wingo are equally as awful as Mully and Hanley just for different reasons.

One of the greatest White Sox nicknames of all time. That's why I picked the name.

The Deacon!! Some clutch hits. I always thought, based on his thick build, that he probably had a real thick you-know-what.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Tommy... Tommy. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:00 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:10 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Just sayin'.

"enormously"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I'll bet Hanley's contract doesn't have a 30 day out clause :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Maybe not. But his contract ends after this month so Decastro didn't need that clause for Hanley. They're just letting him work until it expires.

I think Goff had at least a year left on his contract. So that's why they needed to use that 30 day clause. And it stunned the hell out of Goff. Goff's ass thought he was gonna get paid for a year when he got fired. That's why he was crying on Larry's podcast.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

By the way, Hanley ain't working no weekends.

If you remember, when Goff and Spiegel got fired, the SCORE put it out that they would both be working weekends and subbing. That didn't happen. I think Spiegel has had one weekend show and Goff was drop kicked the hell out after the 30 day clause was official.

When Decastro fires people, he likes to say they'll still be around when it happens. Says it to the media. Knowing all along that he's lying. Why he does this? Who knows? It's weird. If you fire them, just fire them.

This DeCastro is sly little weasel bitch the way he handles thing. That's for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Beardown wrote:

If you remember, when Goff and Spiegel got fired, the SCORE put it out that they would both be working weekends and subbing. That didn't happen. I think Spiegel has had one weekend show and Goff was drop kicked the hell out after the 30 day clause was official.

When Decastro fires people, he likes to say they'll still be around when it happens. Says it to the media. Knowing all along that he's lying. Why he does this? Who knows? It's weird. If you fire them, just fire them.

This DeCastro is sly little weasel bitch the way he handles thing. That's for sure.

Sly weasel bitch is putting it nicely. Mac said on cant do it that Hanley found out he was being fired via Twitter while he was on a plane. I have seen low before but that might take the cake.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Beardown wrote:

According to Phil Rosenthal negotiations broke down. He'd be a great addition to weekends if he'll take it.. Listeners like me wanted Goff and speigel out. Hanley has a good track record and does a good job.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:46 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Beardown wrote:

According to Phil Rosenthal negotiations broke down. He'd be a great addition to weekends if he'll take it.. Listeners like me wanted Goff and speigel out. Hanley has a good track record and does a good job.

Spiegel was fine. Somewhat entertaining and could talk on most topics without making my head spin. Goff started well but when him and Berstein became a gigglefest it was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:47 am 

How old is Hanley?

Out of anyone who has been fired, this one was the most undeserved. I'm no huge fan of Hanley but that show was like the bedrock of the Score. You could always count on them to beat ESPN. I think people take that for granted. There was a time for about the first 15 years where mornings were a dead zone at the station

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I think I read he is 60.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
good dolphin wrote:
How old is Hanley?

Out of anyone who has been fired, this one was the most undeserved. I'm no huge fan of Hanley but that show was like the bedrock of the Score. You could always count on them to beat ESPN. I think people take that for granted. There was a time for about the first 15 years where mornings were a dead zone at the station

Remember Buffone and VanLier? I forgot if those two were actually any good. I liked both guys though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I rarely listen to Mully and Hanley, and the reason is not Hanley. As far I know Mulligan isn't a dick to callers, is reasonably knowledgeable about sports (doesn't think Buster Posey plays 2nd base or that the Bulls could face the Pelicans in the Eastern Conference playoffs), and doesn't suffer from delusions of grandeur like Leery, but he is an absolutely horrible radio host.

Hanley makes some lame jokes, but he's a decent radio host (he's kind of like Hub minus the smarm and nervous giggling) and doesn't make me PTFB like Mully does.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:22 am 

dolphin makes a great point. Mully and Hanley brought ratings and stability to a time slot that was bad for the Score for years. And what does Hanley get in return? Shown the door.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:25 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
How old is Hanley?

Remember Buffone and VanLier? I forgot if those two were actually any good. I liked both guys though.

I dont remember them being very good. They were entertaining. They both were knowledgeable in their sport but very big meatballs. Berstein doesnt like meatball fans and that was probaly the reason Doug tried to kill him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
dolphin makes a great point. Mully and Hanley brought ratings and stability to a time slot that was bad for the Score for years. And what does Hanley get in return? Shown the door.

Might see the same story when it comes time for a new deal for Mully and Bernsie. I do not think everyone from the older regime should expect to not take a cut in pay.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The Man wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Spiegel was fine. Somewhat entertaining and could talk on most topics without making my head spin. Goff started well but when him and Berstein became a gigglefest it was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

The only time speigel was fine was when he was in near tears over something Bernstein said. It made for good transition.

Annoying how he said he was there to help us little people sort out sports with his brilliance. Sports talk and a sensitive guy not a good mix. Always pounding his superior music taste and the score got bombarded with his own music slop.

I remember Goff being a royal ass kisser at the beginning.

Hanley wasn't a cubs and Joe ass kisser. He was brutually honest about crazy Joe. Wonder what influence that had to ruffle feathers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
with haugh.... Decastro will soon have almost all of the GAME radio hosts back on WSCR.... well, I can think of one probably not getting invited back to a decastro managed station:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:34 pm 

The Man wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
How old is Hanley?

I dont remember them being very good. They were entertaining. They both were knowledgeable in their sport but very big meatballs. Berstein doesnt like meatball fans and that was probaly the reason Doug tried to kill him.

The Bear and The Bull was not very good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
The Man wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
How old is Hanley?

VanLier was always on the verge of going full road rage on someone.

I TELL YOU WHAT, I WOULD HAVE PUT A FOOT IN HIS ASS!

He had a very short fuse for a guy who made it sound like he sat in a bean bag chair smoking weed most of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beardown wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Maybe not. But his contract ends after this month so Decastro didn't need that clause for Hanley. They're just letting him work until it expires.

I think Goff had at least a year left on his contract. So that's why they needed to use that 30 day clause. And it stunned the hell out of Goff. Goff's ass thought he was gonna get paid for a year when he got fired. That's why he was crying on Larry's podcast.

Everything gonna be aight, playa!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
With that 30 day out, what if you "called in as a caller" and got on the air? Would that reset it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:28 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
The Man wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
How old is Hanley?

VanLier was always on the verge of going full road rage on someone.

I TELL YOU WHAT, I WOULD HAVE PUT A FOOT IN HIS ASS!

He had a very short fuse for a guy who made it sound like he sat in a bean bag chair smoking weed most of the time.

I always thought he was a great/fun guest for the afore mentioned rage but for than a segment it was unsustainable. I also enjoyed Doug in smaller doses vs extended co hosting (post game being an exception).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
tommy wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

The Deacon!! Some clutch hits. I always thought, based on his thick build, that he probably had a real thick you-know-what.

I always thought Craig Grebeck had a low-key big hog

Last edited by FrankDrebin on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
jimmypasta wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
How old is Hanley?

Not really if they had to talk about baseball or hockey. Both brought the fire and passion when talking about the sports they played.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next