It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Give me some Hanleys
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Well Mully is sick, Haugh is in, and they are interviewing George McCaskey. There is obvious animosity between Haugh and George. I like it.

The Bears suck. Still, George sounds like a reasonable man and seems to trust Pace and Fox to execute an Epstein styled turn around. We know that won't happen, but I think George does. If George did in fact promise patience when Pace was hired, then I understand why he is sticking with the current leadership. At least Pace had a decent draft and lots of young (and bad) players saw the field this year.

And lastly, I give George credit for exposing himself to the media in this manner.

Post subject: Re: Give me some Hanleys
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yeah he has been fine. He seems to care and he also realizes that he shouldn't listen to meatballs and fire Pace and Fox just because. Jed York does that.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:21 am 

I liked the way he responded to a lot of the questions. He's measured and calm. It has to be killing him and the family, but they seem resigned to letting the football guys do their thing. Otherwise, you'd end up in a White Sox/Bulls styled front office mess.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:24 am 

denisdman wrote:
I liked the way he responded to a lot of the questions. He's measured and calm. It has to be killing him and the family, but they seem resigned to letting the football guys do their thing. Otherwise, you'd end up in a White Sox/Bulls styled front office mess.

Seriously. If they would have listened to fans (some of whom were posting yesterday) they would be the 49ers or worse the Bills.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
The Bears drafts were total disaster for a decade. You can't make that up in a couple years, 5 minimum.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Pace was brought in to rebuild. Fox is not that type of coach. Fox is not Pace's hire, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
The Bears drafts were total disaster for a decade. You can't make that up in a couple years, 5 minimum.

Yeah dead on. NFL teams need to consistently find young talent in the draft. You can't build a full NFL roster through free agency or trades.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:39 am 

Cashman wrote:
Pace was brought in to rebuild. Fox is not that type of coach. Fox is not Pace's hire, IMO.

I think you are right partially at least. Fox was likely forced on Pace. In my opinion though he is good for what needs to happen here. Keep players motivated and on the pace at which the Bears want them to develop. Fox will not be here when the Bears are good again. A basic good coach like Fox and a solid staff can hold place and not allow a terrible environment to foster.

The Bears are not likely to be over 500 next year. Firing Fox and bringing in some "great" coach right now might ruin the entire thing. Fan's expectations would be too high and would turn on him before there was a realistic reason to expect contention.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
denisdman wrote:
Well Mully is sick, Haugh is in, and they are interviewing George McCaskey. There is obvious animosity between Haugh and George. I like it.

The Bears suck. Still, George sounds like a reasonable man and seems to trust Pace and Fox to execute an Epstein styled turn around. We know that won't happen, but I think George does. If George did in fact promise patience when Pace was hired, then I understand why he is sticking with the current leadership. At least Pace had a decent draft and lots of young (and bad) players saw the field this year.

And lastly, I give George credit for exposing himself to the media in this manner.

George is a real dude. Lives out here in the sticks, drives a beat up green honda around, works in the community (even umpires ever once in a while) and will talk to anyone anytime.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:46 am 

City, that comes across. He seemed very down to earth. I wish he wouldn't have gambled on an unproven GM. They should have went out and got the best similar to what the Cubs did.

I hope Pace is the guy. The only optimism I have is that this year's draft found some talent, Floyd, Whitehair and Howard. The team also "found" a lot of injuries, and who knows if that was bad luck or team specific. We can't evaluate White, Jeffrey, Grasou (sp?), and many of the free agents because they didn't play enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:49 am 

ZZ just said that the Cowboys had a Butkus and Sayers type draft getting Dak and Elliot.

Let's slow the fuck down on that. You are talking 2 of the greatest players ever in the NFL. Dak and Elliot have had a nice year, but they are no where even close to that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:50 am 

denisdman wrote:

They interviewed him at a time where literally nobody is listening.

Last edited by Douchebag on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:51 am 

RFDC wrote:
ZZ just said that the Cowboys had a Butkus and Sayers type draft getting Dak and Elliot.

Let's slow the fuck down on that. You are talking 2 of the greatest players ever in the NFL. Dak and Elliot have had a nice year, but they are no where even close to that.

Yeah heard that. He is over the top but his larger propaganda is the Bears need to hit a draft home run then who knows next year.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 am 

RFDC wrote:

No no no no no

Last year as well as last game, you saw the difference between Zeke and McFadden. Dallas has had a fantastic draft.

Zeke-Stud
Smith- Hurt this year, but should of been a top 5 pick if he was healthy
Colling-Pretty good DT this year
Tapper- injured all year, I have no idea
Dak-Pretty good
Brown-been a pretty good CB
Frazier-JAG
Jackson-Cut
Gathers-on PS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:13 am 

pittmike wrote:
Cashman wrote:

I think you are right partially at least. Fox was likely forced on Pace. In my opinion though he is good for what needs to happen here. Keep players motivated and on the pace at which the Bears want them to develop. Fox will not be here when the Bears are good again. A basic good coach like Fox and a solid staff can hold place and not allow a terrible environment to foster.

The Bears are not likely to be over 500 next year. Firing Fox and bringing in some "great" coach right now might ruin the entire thing. Fan's expectations would be too high and would turn on him before there was a realistic reason to expect contention.

I think what I was trying to say is, Fox is a veteran player guy. And that is not what the Bears need. He might be good for a transition, but I don't think so.