It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Mulligan said this morning that the the deal made by Ryan Pace to move up to the #2 spot in the draft to take Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is delightful, and if you're upset about it you don't understand pro football. He later called the move "fantastic."

I'm one of those who doesn't understand pro football because I was under the impression that the Bears were a bad team with a lot of holes on their roster. I was also under the impression that this draft was regarded as a deep draft at many positions (QB not being one of them), that the Bears had several picks they would be able to use to shore up their roster, and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was often considered as the least NFL ready of the three or four QBs expected to be drafted in rounds 1-2 of a weak QB class.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:54 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Mulligan said this morning that the the deal made by Ryan Pace to move up to the #2 spot in the draft to take Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is delightful, and if you're upset about it you don't understand pro football. He later called the move "fantastic."

I'm one of those who doesn't understand pro football because I was under the impression that the Bears were a bad team with a lot of holes on their roster. I was also under the impression that this draft was regarded as a deep draft at many positions (QB not being one of them), that the Bears had several picks they would be able to use to shore up their roster, and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was often considered as the least NFL ready in a weak QB class.

You set this QB up to fail. 1st, he was over drafted. 2nd, he doesn't have the experience to be drafted this high. 3rd, who the fuck is he gonna throw to?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
the biggest reporter in town... brad biggs... was sounding like brad zaidman a few minutes ago on the show.

i guess us stupid bear fans dont know anything about football... we shouldnt be mad they gave up 2 3rds and a 4th to move up 1 spot to draft a kid with 13 career starts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Mulligan = asshat!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
billypootons wrote:
the biggest reporter in town... brad biggs... was sounding like brad zaidman a few minutes ago on the show.

i guess us stupid bear fans dont know anything about football... we shouldnt be mad they gave up 2 3rds and a 4th to move up 1 spot to draft a kid with 13 career starts

Could it of been worse? Fucking yes. They could of given up a 2nd rd pick or even next years 1st. But to give up picks for a player that was going to be there at #3 is fucking ridiculous. Shanahan is not in love with any of the top QBs, and wanted a a pass rusher. So, if he would of traded past the Bears, who the fuck was he gonna select? You could assume the Bears would of taken, who San Fran took at #3.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
billypootons wrote:

If this were a consensus top five/can't miss prospect at QB I would have much less of a problem with the move. I'm a Bears fan so I hope I'm wrong and several years from now look back, laugh, and say "I remember I thought the deal they made to get him was terrible. I'm glad I was wrong!" But it seems like they had a golden opportunity to really strengthen their roster and sacrificed it for a guy who is a huge question mark.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Mulligan was also high on Kizer.
He has zero football credibility.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Delightful? Who does he think he is , Rex Harrison ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Tad Queasy wrote:

I'm one of those who doesn't understand pro football because I was under the impression that the Bears were a bad team with a lot of holes on their roster. I was also under the impression that this draft was regarded as a deep draft at many positions (QB not being one of them), that the Bears had several picks they would be able to use to shore up their roster, and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was often considered as the least NFL ready of the three or four QBs expected to be drafted in rounds 1-2 of a weak QB class.

Not to mention, next year is supposed to be the draft loaded with potential QB talent -making this year the year to grab other talent on an already bad team that projects to be bad next year no matter what.