It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I noticed they didn't create a new intro (or re-record the old one) for Brad Biggs. Instead, they just overdubbed "Haugh" where "Hanley" was. Pretty lame.

brad biggs talks football with youuuuuuuuu

that is a classic open, would anger the listening audience to change it. changing the morning co-host though.... no big deal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
... His name is Brad Biggs...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
rogers park bryan wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
The worst conversion of sports writer to talk show host
1. Rick Telander
2. Jay Mariotti

Haugh gets in line behind those two. I'd also argue Mulli is worse than Haugh. Doesn't mean Haugh is good. He's quite bad. There's just been worse.

Mulli is Howard Stern in his prime compared to Haugh.

And I agree, Mulli is not good.

Awesome comparison. Can I steal this one. I would have Haugh in a tie with those two. He absolutely irritates me as much as them. I have to admit that the only time I have even heard him on the radio since he started full time was when I left the Score on from Spiegels Sunday evening show and he was on when I got in the car. I couldnt reach the buttons fast enough to get him off my radio. Spiegel over the phone was much more listenable that Haugh ever will be.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:30 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Need Matt in the crown to start translating Mulli 90 second " questions" again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:20 am 

Listened this morning. I usually catch the end of the 5 at 5 questions. It's a very good simple segment they do that sets up a lot of further conversation. Haugh continues to make it unlistenable.

As bad as Mulli is with quesitons, Haugh is the qualifier king. He lays out like 6 ways out of the opinion he is about to share. Trash.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Brad Biggs seems to harbor a fair amount of contempt for Haugh. Who can blame him?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:14 pm 

this morning haugh was whining about the nagy decision to not play starters.... i kept thinking to myself... if they had played starters and an important player got hurt.... haugh would be spending all morning whining about how that player shouldnt have been on the field.... windsock

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
that's every sports media person in every city

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Honestly, the new show sounds exactly the same with Haugh instead of Hanley. Both of those guys have vanilla personalities

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
billypootons wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I noticed they didn't create a new intro (or re-record the old one) for Brad Biggs. Instead, they just overdubbed "Haugh" where "Hanley" was. Pretty lame.

brad biggs talks football with youuuuuuuuu

that is a classic open, would anger the listening audience to change it. changing the morning co-host though.... no big deal

Brad Biggs sucks and so does the open and the closet F—A—G Mully

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
blackhawksfan wrote:
Honestly, the new show sounds exactly the same with Haugh instead of Hanley. Both of those guys have vanilla personalities

But Haugh is 10 times more articulate and doesn’t pronounce “ya know” as “yo”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I listened to the show yesterday and today for the first time in at least a year and a half.

Mulli with Haugh is better, no question. Most of the time, Hanley sounded tired on the show, which is understandable for the 5:00 a.m. slot. Hanley talked too much Cubs.

I don't know why they have Dan Pompei on, like this morning, who only stated the obvious about everything with the Bears. He sounded like Mulli's parrot, just repeating everything that Mulli was saying. No original thoughts for a HOF guy.

Of all the hosts on the Score, Mulli remains the most likable. After him, it's McNeil. Boers is the likable Score host emeritus.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Dignified Rube wrote:
I listened to the show yesterday and today for the first time in at least a year and a half.

Mulli with Haugh is better, no question. Most of the time, Hanley sounded tired on the show, which is understandable for the 5:00 a.m. slot. Hanley talked too much Cubs.

I don't know why they have Dan Pompei on, like this morning, who only stated the obvious about everything with the Bears. He sounded like Mulli's parrot, just repeating everything that Mulli was saying. No original thoughts for a HOF guy.

Of all the hosts on the Score, Mulli remains the most likable. After him, it's McNeil. Boers is the likable Score host emeritus.

I don't think Mulli is any different.

My favorite is when Brad Biggs comes on. Then you have 2 people that cannot get a thought out with a bunch of stuttering and long pauses.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:38 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:

Mulli with Haugh is better, no question. Most of the time, Hanley sounded tired on the show, which is understandable for the 5:00 a.m. slot. Hanley talked too much Cubs. I don't know why they have Dan Pompei on, like this morning, who only stated the obvious about everything with the Bears. He sounded like Mulli's parrot, just repeating everything that Mulli was saying. No original thoughts for a HOF guy.

The only time I listened was the 5 at 5 segment, which seems shortened and lifeless now. And while I agree that Hanley often fell into a parrot's role but really does Mully, with a new parrot, talk anything BUT Cubs now?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Shocking that Haugh has been found to be insipid by MANY.

It's like finding out shit stinks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:35 am 

Why does the Score hire so many people for on air positions who have lisps?

Haugh has the lisp combined with the nasal cavity in which an echo chamber for his voice is created.

That dude also picked up the Cub pom pom waving demand faster than any host I have previously seen. It's like they told him there would be a bonus for him if Baez gets the MVP.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:02 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Why does the Score hire so many people for on air positions who have lisps?

Haugh has the lisp combined with the nasal cavity in which an echo chamber for his voice is created.

That dude also picked up the Cub pom pom waving demand faster than any host I have previously seen. It's like they told him there would be a bonus for him if Baez gets the MVP.

You might be on to something with the voice. I never listened long enough to figure out why I disliked him so much. I would listen to a few minutes of him interrupting everyone with some pointless idiotic thought and then lunge for the button when he was filling in for Hanley. I have not listened to the show at all since he started full time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Haugh, "The Bulls have to win this game." Are you kidding me? With the numbers of injuries they have, their current play is not representative of what this team should be.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:26 pm 

keithlaw

Verified account

@keithlaw
Following Following @keithlaw
More keithlaw Retweeted David Haugh
In which the writer calls Manny Machado "lazy" but can't bother to look up who Machado's agent is (it's not Scott Boras, sparky) #SavedYouAClick

Keith Law can be annoying but this is a good catch. Haugh is a fucking hack.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:34 pm 

LOL that's great. MVP Sports according to Cot's. Dan Lozano?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Looks like the article has been updated to remove Boras(in reference to Machado's agent) but there is no citation of the edit. Isn't that poor form as well? Any Journalism majors here?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... story.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:13 pm 

This idiot claimed on air this morning that tonight's bulls game is a must win. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:16 pm 

KLaw is the man. Suck on that Haugh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:16 pm 

billypootons wrote:
This idiot claimed on air this morning that tonight's bulls game is a must win. :lol:

Yes look up five posts. I said that!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:24 pm 

denisdman wrote:
LOL that's great. MVP Sports according to Cot's. Dan Lozano?

Everyone knows that the 8th game of the season is a must win. B&B back in the day would have taken a quote like this from him and turned it into gold for a week. My how times have changed. I dont understand how a former high level athlete can be so clueless about sports.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Listened this morning. I usually catch the end of the 5 at 5 questions. It's a very good simple segment they do that sets up a lot of further conversation. Haugh continues to make it unlistenable.

As bad as Mulli is with quesitons, Haugh is the qualifier king. He lays out like 6 ways out of the opinion he is about to share. Trash.

5 at 5 is one of the worst segments ever. Hot takes from a bunch of interns and producers is terrible radio especially that early into the show. A good morning show needs to have good pacing. You can't have that with a bunch of stammering clowns that shouldn't be near a microphone.

Mully is terrible. I liked him for a long time but then he decided to give us the full Mully experience. That's an experience nobody should want. The worst part of his interviews aren't the questions it's the over the top laughter when the guest says something slightly amusing. He sounds like a crazy person.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Listening to these 2 constantly interrupt each other in the middle of speaking...(or stuttering) is painful.

My God this show sucks.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
I usually catch 5 at 5 and like it. I don't think Mully and Haugh's thoughts are so profound that there is no room left over for the interns - they're all a bunch of sports geeks who spend a lot of time reading and watching sports and they could do M and H's jobs as well as anyone.

The interrupting while the other talks is really tedious and Haugh seems to do it a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I didn't care for Haugh's column today demanding that Addison Russell "explain himself" before being accepted back to the team.

Quote:
Accepting the suspension is a far cry from openly acknowledging what he did to deserve it. After Russell’s ex-wife, Melisa Reidy, accused Russell of domestic abuse in a late September blog post, he issued a statement denying any wrongdoing. At the time, Cubs officials stated he also privately professed his innocence.

What if he still maintains his innocence but accepted the suspension to avoid airing any more dirty laundry, some of which may make his ex-wife look bad? People like Haugh and DiCaro don't seem to realize that there could be things that might make both sides look like the victim, and if Russell explained himself they would probably rip him for being insensitive.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... story.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Looks like the Tribune whacked him today .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.