It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Hanley Out!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Stumbled upon this recent piece of Score History today:

Hanley's farewell begins at the 24:22 mark:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-mully-hanley- ... ur-4/embed

I still don't see that he picked up another gig anywhere.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm kind of surprised the Blackhawks haven't thrown him a sinecure by now. Maybe they blew the entire old-writin'-guy budget on Bob Verdi.

Rereading this thread was interesting. I think the Entercom stint may have taken a lot of shine off DeCastro's legacy. He came in, took a bunch of money off the books, and left. He didn't stay long at WGN, either, but at least there he did quite a bit to rehabilitate a station whose brand was in the gutter -- it's gotten so far back in the rear-view now that I think we may have forgotten what a disaster the Greg Jarrett/Mike McConnell WGN was. To non-shareholders, what was the unqualified success of DeCastro's run at the cluster? 104.3 Jams? He put Stylz & Roman on US99 where they failed miserably as anyone could have predicted, he put Drex on B96 where he failed miserably as anyone could have predicted, he gutted WXRT, and all the changes at the Score made a ton of people mad without tremendously improving ratings. WBBM seems to more or less run itself (look no further than Rod Zimmerman spending all his time babysitting the Score), he didn't mess with anything there. I think he was always respected as a good content guy because of AM1000, but this part of his career was pure corporate bean-counting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The Blackhawks had Chet hosting corporate pregame events with the ambassadors. That money got freed up when he was killed, and Hanley would have been a reasonable choice.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:43 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
The Blackhawks had Chet hosting corporate pregame events with the ambassadors. That money got freed up when he was killed

This is funny and sad, you know what I mean?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
He's fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
He's fine.

No, he's still dead.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
He's fine.

No, he's still dead.

He got better.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
He's fine.

No, he's still dead.

He got better.

At being dead?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Tall Midget wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
He's fine.

No, he's still dead.

He got better.

At being dead?

He feels.... happy!
He feels.... happy!

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:31 pm 

I noticed that Hanley thanked everyone but his partner Mully. Mully is kind of a bitch for not going to bat for his guy, though. What Mulligan did was a total pussy Bernstein move.

Mac would never do that. He would ride or die with his guy. And don't say anything about Spiegs. By the time Mac came back, Spiegs had long forgotten who buttered his bread back in June of 2009.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:23 am 
1000 CLUB

FukNuggitt wrote:
I noticed that Hanley thanked everyone but his partner Mully. Mully is kind of a patriot for not going to bat for his guy, though. What Mulligan did was a total pussy Bernstein move.

Mac would never do that. He would ride or die with his guy. And don't say anything about Spiegs. By the time Mac came back, Spiegs had long forgotten who buttered his bread back in June of 2009.

Preposterous. Mac did nothing when Mike North took over the station and broke up the Heavy Fuel Crew--nothing except eat humble pie and meekly agree to a disastrous pairing with Jiggetts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:10 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
I noticed that Hanley thanked everyone but his partner Mully. Mully is kind of a patriot for not going to bat for his guy, though. What Mulligan did was a total pussy Bernstein move.

Preposterous. Mac did nothing when Mike North took over the station and broke up the Heavy Fuel Crew--nothing except eat humble pie and meekly agree to a disastrous pairing with Jiggetts.

Your information is incorrect, or you are being intentionally dishonest with this post.

I'll go with the former.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Darkside wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
He's fine.

No, he's still dead.

He got better.

At being dead?

He feels.... happy!
He feels.... happy!

Forget it they don't get it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

Your information is incorrect, or you are being intentionally dishonest with this post.

I'll go with the former.

:lol: Right. What was Mac supposed to do under contract? The minute he could he went to ESPN. TM has a little hate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

I'll go with the former.

:lol: Right. What was Mac supposed to do under contract? The minute he could he went to ESPN. TM has a little hate.

Saying that Mac "meekly agreed" might be the most inaccurate post ever here.

And that takes in a lot of posts from MANY who have no grasp on any sort of objective reality. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

I'll go with the former.

It doesn't correlate, because Mac's partner was not being scuttled from the station, only moved around and placed with a different partner. Mully sat there and watched his partner get publicly-disemboweled and did nothing. Besides, all Mac did do was leave to their direct competitor and dominate the timeslot for a decade. I would say that qualifies as "doing something".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FukNuggitt wrote:
Apparently you didn't listen very closely then. Early on Hanley noted that he was "blessed" to learn from Mully over the years. Toward the end he called Mully "the best partner-in-crime he could ever hope for". Finally, there clearly wasn't any animosity between the 2 during that segment. Other than that it was a good point though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Seacrest wrote:

He had two choices: agree and do the job or quit. He didn't quit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:13 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Apparently you didn't listen very closely then. Early on Hanley noted that he was "blessed" to learn from Mully over the years. Toward the end he called Mully "the best partner-in-crime he could ever hope for". Finally, there clearly wasn't any animosity between the 2 during that segment. Other than that it was a good point though.

He was stating the obvious to get it out of the way. Regardless of your interpretation, it was a spineless move by Mully to just allow his guy to be castrated like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FukNuggitt wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

He was stating the obvious to get it out of the way. Regardless of your interpretation, it was a spineless move by Mully to just allow his guy to be castrated like that.
It would be easier if you just admitted that you missed it...twice...at two different junctures.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:08 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

It would be easier if you just admitted that you missed it...twice...at two different junctures.

I caught it. I just was not satisfied with it. The whole thing was one big cringe-o-rama.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Curious Hair wrote:
I'm kind of surprised the Blackhawks haven't thrown him a sinecure by now. Maybe they blew the entire old-writin'-guy budget on Bob Verdi.

Rereading this thread was interesting. I think the Entercom stint may have taken a lot of shine off DeCastro's legacy. He came in, took a bunch of money off the books, and left. He didn't stay long at WGN, either, but at least there he did quite a bit to rehabilitate a station whose brand was in the gutter -- it's gotten so far back in the rear-view now that I think we may have forgotten what a disaster the Greg Jarrett/Mike McConnell WGN was. To non-shareholders, what was the unqualified success of DeCastro's run at the cluster? 104.3 Jams? He put Stylz & Roman on US99 where they failed miserably as anyone could have predicted, he put Drex on B96 where he failed miserably as anyone could have predicted, he gutted WXRT, and all the changes at the Score made a ton of people mad without tremendously improving ratings. WBBM seems to more or less run itself (look no further than Rod Zimmerman spending all his time babysitting the Score), he didn't mess with anything there. I think he was always respected as a good content guy because of AM1000, but this part of his career was pure corporate bean-counting.

DeCastro's job was to basically take an axe to Bernstein, Goff and Matt Spiegel. Those three are the worst when it comes to blending social issues with everything. So he succeeded but Mitch Rosen will probably ruin everything again now that he is alone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 pm 

On the contrary, I think his job was to fire talent for the benefit of shareholders

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

He had two choices: agree and do the job or quit. He didn't quit.

What you quoted from my post has nothing to do with your response.

And actually, he had three choices.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:04 am 

No one got fired when Monsters and HFC were broken up. Mac probably got the worst of it. Either way, there was nothing to go to bat for.

North engineered that entire thing quietly behind the scenes. I don't think anyone else knew about it until the day changes were announced.

That was the day the Score died. Thanks North!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:04 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
No one got fired when Monsters and HFC were broken up. Mac probably got the worst of it. Either way, there was nothing to go to bat for.

North engineered that entire thing quietly behind the scenes. I don't think anyone else knew about it until the day changes were announced.

That was the day the Score died. Thanks North!

YUP.

It was a shock to everyone but Mike North, Jeff Schwartz and Harvey Wells.

And Mac complained long and loud and chose to do so until management fired him, and then paid him as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11