It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Morning Show Wishes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
:idea: :idea: :idea:
During the holiday break, Mark Grote and Spiegel hosted a show for Connor and Bernsie. I really enjoyed it. I liked their chemistry and knowledge of both sports and pop culture.

My wish is that they could team together and replace the current morning show. The only reason I ever listen to M&H is to not hear silence in the morning.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Jeff....you can't hear silence just like you can't smell, see, or taste it.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
:idea: :idea: :idea:
During the holiday break, Mark Grote and Spiegel hosted a show for Connor and Bernsie. I really enjoyed it. I liked their chemistry and knowledge of both sports and pop culture.

My wish is that they could team together and replace the current morning show. The only reason I ever listen to M&H is to not hear silence in the morning.

Spiegel seems to have decent chemistry with almost everyone. Grote is fine in short stretches. His act gets old really quickly. I think that any duo talking local sports would do much better than the crap they put out there now. I always tune in first thing in the AM to get scores and updates on what I may have missed overnight. As soon as Haugh comes on my radio I am out. Sometimes I come back but often times not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I really like Grote, and I am so happy for him that the Bears don't suck this year and that Zaidman seems to be the sports team stink curse.

A year ago, I was endorsing him being added to B&G to try and chill Jason out. His next controversial thought will be his first ones, and those two needed that perspective of "hey, people pay us to watch and then talk about sporting events."

But I don't think he can anchor a weekday 6am-6pm show in a major five-team market. To me he's the classic 6pm-11pm unwind guy, do the pregame, be active on twitter during the game, do the postgame and open up the lines for general discussion, have a beer and a smoke, and hey look it's Les Grobstein, I'm going home. Maybe go 6pm-9pm on non-game nights, and let his producer run 9pm-11pm.

He'd be better for the west coast, where they have a lot of 4pm and 5pm starts, and need somebody to fill 8-11pm.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
Haugh is like Vin Sculley and Luther Vandross combined compared to Mulligan. Mulligan is THEEEE fucking worst. Absolutely terrible.

Haugh is serviceable and definitely better than McDouche.

Haugh may even be slightly better than this current, waaaaay past his prime version of Danny Mac that we get each day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I really like Grote, and I am so happy for him that the Bears don't suck this year and that Zaidman seems to be the sports team stink curse.

A year ago, I was endorsing him being added to B&G to try and chill Jason out. His next controversial thought will be his first ones, and those two needed that perspective of "hey, people pay us to watch and then talk about sporting events."

But I don't think he can anchor a weekday 6am-6pm show in a major five-team market. To me he's the classic 6pm-11pm unwind guy, do the pregame, be active on twitter during the game, do the postgame and open up the lines for general discussion, have a beer and a smoke, and hey look it's Les Grobstein, I'm going home..

I kind of disagree. Anchor, no, he probably can't do that, he's not a driver, but he seems to be a very good sidekick the same way Spiegel is, where he understands his role is to make the other guy sound his best which will in turn make himself sound better. So then I would sooner have him with someone like Bernstein, who needs a partner who will keep him a little grounded, than minding the store by himself in evenings as you outlined. But I think you heard the same thing I heard a year ago, where Grote sat in for Jason and Dan loosened up for seemingly the first time in a year.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I have paid no attention to the morning show for years so anything with Grote and Spiegel would be an improvement.