It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

It was Mully, Haugh and Levine doing the interview.

In the Doc, Sammy said he never tested positive. But I don't think they started testing until 2003 or so.

In the Doc, Sammy also said everybody was doing it. So you could trap him with a question.

Beardown: You said everybody was doing it Sammy, so that means you're saying you were doing it in 1998 when they weren't testing.

Sosa: No.

Beardown: If you said everybody was doing it, are you saying you were the only one that wasn't doing it?

Sosa: I no speaka the English.

Beardown: Got it. Thanks Sammy. Have a good day. Hope to get you on again.

That's how you do it. Mully, Haugh and Levine were star struck by having him on and didn't do it how I would have done it. And fuck the people who did the documentary for not trying to trap him this way. It was Sosa that opened the door. Nobody went in. They all had the chance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Tough to get much out of the guest when 75% of your time is taken up by mully trying to ask a question.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
Tough to get much out of the guest when 75% of your time is taken up by mully trying to ask a question.

Yeah. I know. But it seems like they all agreed to take turns with the questions. All three of them. They all had there chance to trap him.

I'm dead serious, that's what I would have done right out of the gate.

I'm sure Sosa will be on the interview tour for the next few days. Hopefully somebody gets him the way I would have done it.

Sosa plays stupid when he needs to. But he's not a dumb guy. He actually uses his broken English as a way to avoid tough questions. He'll answer a question that wasn't the question. He always has.

But if you go at him simply and directly. Short and sweet like I just did. He can't avoid it. You're right. That's why Mully can't be the one asking. Cuz his questions are always 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Whats the point of hammering the guy over a 22 year old season?
I kinda enjoyed the interview. It was nice to hear Sammy again. He seems happy.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:

He's always been a happy black guy. Well, now a happy white guy. But when you get him on, get to the issue.

They wanted to suck his dick.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Beardown wrote:
Darkside wrote:

He's always been a happy black guy. Well, now a happy white guy. But when you get him on, get to the issue.

They wanted to suck his dick.

Sounds like it would be more up your alley. I enjoyed the talk.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Kap had a better interview.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:01 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Kap had a better interview.

Was it dead air?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Listening to the score interview now, real softball questions.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nah. It was bad.

70 year old Bruce Levine leads it off with "How are you doing, my friend". So as soon as you heard that you knew it was gonna be a soft ball interview. Mully did his long questions that were meaningless. Haugh tried a little bit but didn't get to it.

They were basically boys meeting "Mickey" at Disney World.

Just saying, they had a chance to trap him. If you care or don't about the steroids. That's fine.

I just don't like the guys in the media not asking the obvious question. Because they are "star struck".

That's all. You can disagree if you want. I just thought they had an opportunity.

The way I would have done it would have been the right way. But these three are scared to do it cuz it's a famous guy. They were just thrilled to talk to him like I was when I met a famous athlete when I was a kid. But these guys aren't kids.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
When he says "everyone was doing it", that's an admission. There's no need to crucify the guy. What do you want him to do, show you his collection of syringes?

It seems like Ricketts wants Sammy to bow down and beg forgiveness. As if being denied the Hall of Fame with numbers better than 90% of the guys that are in there isn't punishment enough. I'm sorry that Ricketts is a disillusioned fanboy who was dumb enough to think these shitheads were on the level. That's on him. He should apologize for being a dumbass. Because he is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Is this the biggest deal in the world? No. Of course not.

Just wanted to hear him say he used steroids. They had a chance to get that out of him. If they couldn't get it out of him you at least make him look like a dumb ass fool.

So if you're gonna put him on the air, go ahead and try to do that.

As hosts, don't behave like Chris Farley talking to Paul McCartney. Which is what Mully, Haugh and Levine did.

https://imgflip.com/gif/2qhgh3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:28 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Nah. It was bad.

70 year old Bruce Levine leads it off with "How are you doing, my friend". So as soon as you heard that you knew it was gonna be a soft ball interview. Mully did his long questions that were meaningless. Haugh tried a little bit but didn't get to it.

Just saying, they had a chance to trap him. If you care or don't about the steroids. That's fine.

I just don't like the guys in the media not asking the obvious question. Because they are "star struck".

That's all. You can disagree if you want. I just thought they had an opportunity.

The way I would have done it would have been the right way. But these three are scared to do it cuz it's a famous guy. They were just thrilled to talk to him like I was when I met a famous athlete when I was a kid. But these guys aren't kids.

i'm sure if sammy wanted to come clean 8am on a monday on an AM sports radio station no one is listening to is the last place he'd do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Nah. It was bad.

i'm sure if sammy wanted to come clean 8am on a monday on an AM sports radio station no one is listening to is the last place he'd do it.

Correct. But you still could have trapped him. He would have weaseled out like I said in my little play above. And he'd look like a dumb ass.

I wanted that done.

I would have done it that way. Many others would have. Not these three guys. They wanted to bow to him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
There is no universe where Sosa didn't see the questions in advance.....no chance he was going to do the interview and get pressed.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:57 am 

BigW72 wrote:
There is no universe where Sosa didn't see the questions in advance.....no chance he was going to do the interview and get pressed.

the fact bruce sat in on the interview explains how the interview was gotten and why no real questions were asked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:

No. In fact I think it was Bruce thanking him in the interview that nothing was off limits. Maybe it was Mully. It was somebody.

So no need to behave like "Fan boys" when you have no limits.

That's what they did, though. 3 guys thrilled to be talking to the great Sammy Sosa.

I would have fucking flat out asked him "Did you take steroids in 1998, yes or no? Cuz you said everybody was doing it?"

And if he fucking hangs up after that question, ya know what, then you got the answer.

I would have waited until the end to ask him that. Cuz the Score is all about content. So get 20 minutes of him talking, them kissing his ass like they did. That's fine. So all the other shows have something to replay to kill time in their shows. But then spring that question on him at the end of the interview.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Beardown wrote:
No. In fact I think it was Bruce thanking him in the interview that nothing was off limits. Maybe it was Mully. It was somebody.

and if you believe this to be true....I can't help you

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

and if you believe this to be true....I can't help you

Even if it wasn't true, ask him the damn question anyway. Do it at the end of the interview, like I said. If he hangs up like a bitch, so what?

It's not like they need Sammy Sosa for their careers. He actually needs the media more than the media needs him. Cuz he's trying to get in the HOF and back with the Cubs.