It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ozzie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Ozzie on this morning, ostensibly to bash Eaton given his prior comments from when he was traded. Nothing notable there, more about how it doesn’t matter if a guy is unlikeable if he helps his team.

The thing I found more interesting was his commentary on what he thought was standard racial segregation within all clubhouses:

‘The white guys hang out with the white guys. The Hispanic guys only hang out with each other. The black guys talk to each other. Then there’s the Asian guy, who nobody talks to.’

Makes you feel for Shingo and Tadahito.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post subject: Re: Ozzie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Ozzie on this morning, ostensibly to bash Eaton given his prior comments from when he was traded. Nothing notable there, more about how it doesn’t matter if a guy is unlikeable if he helps his team.

The thing I found more interesting was his commentary on what he thought was standard racial segregation within all clubhouses:

‘The white guys hang out with the white guys. The Hispanic guys only hang out with each other. The black guys talk to each other. Then there’s the Asian guy, who nobody talks to.’

So baseball clubhouses are a microcosm of society. Who knew ??

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:11 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

So baseball clubhouses are a microcosm of society. Who knew ??

Don’t get me wrong, I knew that all the other races have an agreement in place to not talk to Asian people.

I’ve just never heard it stated so matter-of-fact.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
And here is why Ozzie will not be a manager again anytime soon.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Is there more than one balck guy per MLB team any more?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
about 80 players K.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

Ever again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:27 am 

Seacrest wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

Ever again.

He might manage in the independent leagues as a gimmick.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

A friend of a friend who is a former big league manager says pretty much the same thing. Of course, he wouldn't go on TV and say it on the record.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:34 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

A friend of a friend who is a former big league manager says pretty much the same thing. Of course, he wouldn't go on TV and say it on the record.

This isn't really a baseball thing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:36 am 

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Have me on ignore big guy ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:17 am 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Really? Do all your friends look like you? I've worked with black people and Latinos that I've loved and white people that I've hated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Really? Do all your friends look like you? I've worked with black people and Latinos that I've loved and white people that I've hated.

Well it is also a US prison system thing.

The Missing Link wrote:

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's

Yet Passan, Bernstein, Parkins, etc., want us to believe the White Sox hired a manager who is going to have a divisive impact on the clubhouse.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:25 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:

Yet Passan, Bernstein, Parkins, etc., want us to believe the White Sox hired a manager who is going to have a divisive impact on the clubhouse.

How many black or Latino ( excepting people there to perform service because the dipshit doesn’t understand how garage doors work) people do you think have ever set foot in Bernstein, Passan, Parkins homes ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:29 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I work in what would be considered a pretty diverse environment . What Ozzie said is certainly true. Whether it be the break room , union meetings , company functions where all are invited , they pretty much skew along racial lines as far as who is hanging out with who.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:33 am 

When I worked in a factory in a pretty diverse environment it was true as well. For the most part people from the same background hung out together.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:47 am 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
When I worked in a factory in a pretty diverse environment it was true as well. For the most part people from the same background hung out together.

The last time that has been my personal experience was in middle school.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Riverside
Ozzie the Clown. Never fails to entertain.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:50 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The last time that has been my personal experience was in middle school.

Yeah but you bikers live in an alternate reality

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:04 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

How many black or Latino ( excepting people there to perform service because the dipshit doesn’t understand how garage doors work) people do you think have ever set foot in Bernstein, Passan, Parkins homes ?

Do Hood and Loho count?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:12 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Do Hood and Loho count?

Actually they do . I’m guessing the number is still zero.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
i think what he said is mostly true in our society with older generations.

with millennial's and younger i find it not to be the case. before covid, being in the service and tourism industry, I've seen much more diverse group of people hanging around each other at some of the gigs i've had.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:25 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Do Hood and Loho count?

That's quite an assumption. Dp you know a lot about Jeff Passans social life?

Or Parkins?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:28 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Or Parkins?

I’ve never seen either in the same room as an Asian guy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:35 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Do Hood and Loho count?

Or Parkins?

About as much as the people who are comfortable calling people who voted for Trump racist and Nazi's. To your point, Ill concede that maybe theyve let their minority friend from work in their house that one time if that makes you feel better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:38 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
]
About as much as the people who are comfortable calling people who voted for Trump racist and Nazi's. To your point, Ill concede that maybe theyve let their minority friend from work in their house that one time if that makes you feel better.

I feel fine. It's just kind of telling how confident you are that white people are so isolated from other races.

I wouldnt assume that about anyone in 2020

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:45 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
]

I feel fine. It's just kind of telling how confident you are that white people are so isolated from other races.

I wouldnt assume that about anyone in 2020

I honestly think that it's more about class, background and behavior, but in an unnatural environment like baseball or certain work place that might fall upon racial lines. In a work place where environment everyone has a college degree it seems like everyone is a homogenized worker with similar backgrounds and Netflix discussion habits. (For the most part.)

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:35 am 

my guess would be that american latinos aren't as isolated as Ozzie says and that there is a language barrier for the overwhelming majority of foreign latinos and japanese. Ozzie himself is pretty difficult to understand and he has been in this country speaking english for 40 years.

Ozzie has the is perception of himself that he was always some beloved figure. He was a dick on his way out of town as a player and then again as a manager. His teammates were happy to see him leave, or at least many of them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ozzie just moved out towards my area, and given how much he generally loves attention, I don't think he will be too hard to find. I'll probably run into him at Mariano's or Binny's at some point.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.