It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:46 am 

I guarantee you, if McNabb was here, doing what he was doing for the past 6 or 7 years...he would be booed here too. In fact, he'd be boo'ed anywhere.

Philly fans probably have the thinnest skin, I'll grant you--but Zambrano has been booed recently, this is a town where LaTroy Hawkins was booed out of town...Rex Grossman...do I need to even bring him up?

It's a tired argument and one that I really don't agree with. McNabb has been hard to defend in a lot of situations, especially in his inability to stay healthy. He throws into the ground a lot, and he dances and throws off his back foot, overthrows people...everyone gives him a pass because he played in a Superbowl and 4 NFC Championships, 3 of which he played pretty poorly.

I think it's unfair to just call this a "Philly thing". The guy being interviewed said he went to an Eagles game when Kotite was coaching, and the fans booed him on the first played. Then he asked why people were booing, and a fan replied, "That's the sixth game in a row he's started the game running the ball like that," meaning they've been seeing the same thing over and over.

Kotite SUCKED as a coach for them, and I know that ANYWHERE in this country, there would be booing for that kind of thing.

You want to lay it on Eagles fans for the "Eagles court" and broken bottle incidents, that's justified. But booing happens everywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am 

McNabb is good enough to almost get you there. He is very Jim Kelly like. You will(or at least did) win a lot of games with McNabb but he's not good enough to win it all.

It is no coincidence that they made it to four NFC title games and never won the Super Bowl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:02 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
McNabb is good enough to almost get you there. He is very Jim Kelly like. You will(or at least did) win a lot of games with McNabb but he's not good enough to win it all.

It is no coincidence that they made it to four NFC title games and never won the Super Bowl.

don't forget they had one of the best defenses in the league during that period. Kelly had better accuracy, and a much better crew around him.

the eagles should have beaten tampa bay AND carolina, and mcnabb was a big reason why did they didn't.