It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CONFLICT?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hmmm

Maybe the Station that broadcasts a certain teams games that have an organizational history of being thin skinned and have been instructed not to call the park they play in "THE CELL" is a conflict of interest.

And I do believe that no other instructions have been passed along regarding the the comments that can be made, but I would like to see what would happen if anyone did what Mariotti did and call out the other investors by name? Who by the way are in the media guide so I did agree with Jay, they are 'in play"

I truly feel that having the Sox on the Score is a huge conflict of interest that has not been much of an issue as of late because of 2005 and 2006. Then 2007 seems to have been written off as just a down year with some miracle expected this year.

I am quite sure the Sox fan base will agree with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
What miracle do you speak of?
Name me the radio personality on the Score that predicted that the White Sox would win their division?
I can think of A FEW Score personalities that are predicting a Cubs return to the playoffs.
This is laughable. A media conglomerate owned the Cubs for several years, but now there's an outcry about duplicity with the White Sox and the Score??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:01 am 

TB your Sox fan is showing.

The comment was about the Sox and had nothing to do with the Cubs, but since you brought it up.

WGN has been 100% biased for years as Pro Cubs but THEY OWN THE TEAM! What do you expect? They don't say they are the FANS STATION and Don't have 24 hour sports and claim to be unibiased.

If someone had a show on WSCR and started breaking down the $274 Million the ISFA is in the Red since Reinsdorf bought every politician he needed, wanna bet that show would be shut down quickly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
I guess I need a longer skirt. I'll see if Frank has one that will work.
I understood the optimism for 2006, since they were coming of a championship season. I understood the positive talk in 2007, since 06 started so well. All I've heard this year is that it can't be as bad as last year. Where's the blind loyalty there?
I still don't understand your miracle comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:48 pm 

While I agree that the White Sox overall talent this year is not bad, they are at a crossroads in terms of a number of older, slower players that SHOULD be traded this year and thus would result in a POOR record, but the MIRACLE I speak of is something that seems to be Expected when talking about the Sox.

IF Contreras, Danks and Floyd have solid years this team can compete are comments I have heard. Sure , I agree and IF Felix Pie hits .291 int he 8th spot the Cubs will be great. But neither is likely to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:02 am 

There doesn't seem to be any bias towards the Sox whatsoever on the Score. Maybe if Murph gets replaced with Sox beat writer Mark Gonzales?? If the Score promotes the Sox a little bit more because they have the team on their station I have no problem with it, I can get more than enough Cubs talk on WGN.
The Sox have some aging players but they should have more than enough pitching/offense to contend. Detroit is already getting exposed and Cleveland is under .500 as of now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:09 pm 

Quote:
There doesn't seem to be any bias towards the Sox whatsoever on the Score.

Yes there is. They are the flagship, there will always be a bias. Do they kiss the ass of the white sox, no, but they for sure dont go after them like they do with other teams in the city.

Look at North this morning, he is making assumptions that Rowand is on steroids, do you think he would say that if he signed with the White Sox, then not to mention Swisher who has been mentioned with the same thing, if Swish was a on any other team and caught mikes eye, he would be HGH player of the year. He also had Thome on and apologized that he had to ask him a tough question about his batting average past the 7th inning. If that was any other player on any other team, does he say he is sorry to ask him a tough question, I dont think so, thats where I hear the difference.

They just dont cross the line with the white sox like the do with the Bears, Hawks, Bulls and Cubs.

I always go back to Mully, who I like, on this. In 2007, when the season was getting away from the south siders, Mully said, "its hard for him to get on them, because they are his team, they broadcast their games and they did win a world series 2 years ago". I dont think someone with his own show, should ever say that if they want to be taken seriously.

I am not anti white sox, I dont care about them unless they are playing the cubs, so this is just my half buzzed thoughts. Time to break open another beer, later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:01 pm 

RodeoVann wrote:

Look at North this morning ... he ... had Thome on and apologized that he had to ask him a tough question about his batting average past the 7th inning. If that was any other player on any other team, does he say he is sorry to ask him a tough question, I dont think so, thats where I hear the difference.

Ok that is a pretty good point. It isn't overboard like the Cubs and WGN Radio, though. I understand that they own the team so its a propaganda machine but oh my god.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:11 pm 

Quote:
It isn't overboard like the Cubs and WGN Radio

Hate to do this, but WGN doesnt have a "cubs weekly show" and I wouldnt call them over the top. I love the score, but they are more of a homer station the WGN is at this time. Kaplan, Memlo and Koz have been hard on the Cubs in the past, so I wouldnt say they are as bad as you say they are.

I had the Score on this morning and instead of talking about last nights game, the first 40 minutes they talked about Dontrell Willis. Why would they do that, I got the impression they were avoiding talking about last nights loss, but thats just the skeptic in me.

Do I think Reinsdorf controls what they say about the south siders, no, but I do think some are very carefull what they say about them, as I said before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:28 am 

Today North get in C Quenin on roids!

he did not say it, but backed up a caller saying it and he did agree.

I was surprised by this as I am going to say that he will hear from the Sox about it.

Will we hear about it? not directly but knowing North he will comment on it in remarks.