It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LET THE BIG DOGS RUN
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I have always liked the Mulligan Hanley team, however, does letting them do this morning thing take away from them reporting on their beats such as the Bears.

I look to Mulligan for a ton of Bears information. I am selfish about my good Bears info. Don't want to lose that

Pretty sure they practice early everyday?

Post subject: Re: LET THE BIG DOGS RUN
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
bigfan wrote:
I have always liked the Mulligan Hanley team, however, does letting them do this morning thing take away from them reporting on their beats such as the Bears.

I look to Mulligan for a ton of Bears information. I am selfish about my good Bears info. Don't want to lose that

Break an egg to make an omelet, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:08 pm 

bigfan wrote:

And those, sir, are the big questions. Can these two intrepid souls cover the Bears and the Bulls and do a 6 AM, four-hour radio show? Would the Score pay them enough so they wouldn't want and/or need to keep the Sun Times gigs? Would, as you say, their inside knowledge suffer without said Sun Times gigs? Stay tuned for the answers to these and many other questions . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
All I can say is, I did not turn my radio off or yell at it all morning. That is a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

And those, sir, are the big questions. Can these two intrepid souls cover the Bears and the Bulls and do a 6 AM, four-hour radio show? Would the Score pay them enough so they wouldn't want and/or need to keep the Sun Times gigs? Would, as you say, their inside knowledge suffer without said Sun Times gigs? Stay tuned for the answers to these and many other questions . . .

The way things are going at the Sun-Times, they probably won't be able to keep their jobs there longer anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

Mr. Reason wrote:
All I can say is, I did not turn my radio off or yell at it all morning. That is a good thing.

Me too, just shows how low our expectations have gotten in the last few years of North's morning shitfest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

hawkeye wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

Me too, just shows how low our expectations have gotten in the last few years of North's morning shitfest.

I don't think that's the case. I'm listening because they have a good show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Reporters for morning papers work in the afternoons and evenings and file their stories in the early evenings. If they do mornings until 10, they will be done on the air at 10 am rather than noon and will have more time to do their newspaper beats, not less. The real challenge might be getting up at 4 am after covering their teams the night before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
I get all my good Bears and Bulls information from WSCR anyway. Print media is going the way of the...well...the way of Mike North.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Mr. Reason wrote:

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Coast2Coast wrote:
Reporters for morning papers work in the afternoons and evenings and file their stories in the early evenings. If they do mornings until 10, they will be done on the air at 10 am rather than noon and will have more time to do their newspaper beats, not less. The real challenge might be getting up at 4 am after covering their teams the night before.

I wouldn't do it. I'd take the opp to get into radio full-time, and not have to worry about ST and Trib's shrinking