It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I agree Panther (I can't believe I'm saying that)......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:06 pm 

I like them. I never used to listen to The Score in the mornings because of North; maybe I'll tune in once in a while now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've caught Mully and Hanley the last 2 days. Wasn't able to listen to them in their 10-12 shift.

They are OK. They know their stuff. I do find Mully's act a little phony and contrived. "My Guidy Aunt." That sounds stupid. He has phony excitement too.

Seems like they play up this "I'm a Sox fan vs I'm a Cubs fan" thing. Who cares? Just talk about the teams.

It's much better than Pappy. They're gonna get a lot of the listeners back that left.

I'm pretty sure this show will beat Mike and Mike on a regular basis. When that happens that will show what a great disappointment Pappy was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
If "Mully & Hanley" don't move to morning drive and "SCORE" management bypasses Laurence Holmes, Matt Abbatacola, Brian "Whipping Boy" Paruch and other current benchwarmers on the 670 roster to do full time shows, they've got no choice but to lure a "marquee name" to headline the station's local sports talk format. Spend the $$$$!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
SHARK wrote:
If "Mully & Hanley" don't move to morning drive and "SCORE" management bypasses Laurence Holmes, Matt Abbatacola, Brian "Whipping Boy" Paruch and other current benchwarmers on the 670 roster to do full time shows, they've got no choice but to lure a "marquee name" to headline the station's local sports talk format. Spend the $$$$!

Jim Rome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:33 pm 

Rome's already "burning" with a syndicated sports talk show on Premiere Radio Networks, complete with dead air, plus a half hour daily TV show on ESPN. Rome's radio show here didn't "burn" here, whether it was live or on tape delay very late at night, and I remember both Tony Kornheiser & Dan Patrick were NOT happy when ESPN Radio 1000 bosses took away the last hour of Tony's old show and the first hour of Dan's old show when Rome's Los Angeles-based sports talker debuted in this market. In fact, check out Frank Caliendo's killer imitation of Rome during the "FOX NFL Sunday" pregame show, or the next time another character of Frank's, "Sunday Night John", pays a visit to "MJH".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
anyone think they'll go to dan patrick live?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:41 pm 

That's a possibility, but in the 16 years of "The SCORE", they have NEVER aired syndicated sports talk during weekdays. I've been a Dan Patrick fan dating back to when he & Keith Olbermann turned the 10p "SportsCenter" into the "Big Show" in the '90s, and he's better to listen to live instead of waiting some 13 hours later to hear it in its entirety on tape delay. I think "SCORE" management would prefer to air live local sports talk during weekdays and keep Dan on delay. Just so you know, D.P. airs live on XM SportsNation 144 weekdays, I believe from 9a-Noon, with 670thescore.com making the interviews available long before the show is scheduled to air at 10p weeknights or after White Sox baseball, whichever comes first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'd be curious as to what Patrick is really making right now on that syndicated show but would venture to say that if he got an 800K offer like North had to be on in Chicago that he might take it. Not that I ever want to hear Patrick again though. I want Mully and Hanley in the mornings and some new blood in the 10-12 slot, hopefully including Brian Paruch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

hawkeye wrote:
I'd be curious as to what Patrick is really making right now on that syndicated show but would venture to say that if he got an 800K offer like North had to be on in Chicago that he might take it. Not that I ever want to hear Patrick again though. I want Mully and Hanley in the mornings and some new blood in the 10-12 slot, hopefully including Brian Paruch.

It wouldn't work that way. Patrick's company would pay the Score for him to be on the air here live in the mornings. Then Patrick would hike up his ad rates cuz he has the Chicago market. Thus Patrick would make more money cuz of the increased ad revenue.

That way the Score would have set revenue for his time slot. Wouldn't have to worry about selling ads, paying salaries of sales guys, or paying a salary to a host.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:31 pm 

Location: A little town called none of your god-damned business
Mully & Hanley will be the morning drive team. No doubt at this point. The 10-12 slot should be a good testing ground for some of the junior guys like Holmes , Abbatacola, and Zach. If Holmes gets a shot, his Q&A style , which is barely tolerable at night, will not work at 10-12. They will also need a lot of help getting good interviews. At least Pappy knew enough people to draw good interviews. Mully gets good interviews too because he's been in the business for so long and knows so many people. They will have a good lead-in by M&H who will deliver a much bigger audience to them at 10 than Pappy ever gave to them.

Spmack, you seem to have a real hard-on for Mully. I'm guessing its personal. Perhaps you're in (or were in) the biz and he either did you wrong or you're jealous of him. Either way brother, bury the hatchet and hop on the M&H train, its leaving the station. All aboard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:39 pm 

Put me down as one who would like to have DP on live in Chicago. He might be full of himself; but he does know how to do (and certainly book) solid interviews. DP also probably would never give batting advice to a Major League player like the last guy who had the morning slot on WSCR............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
look at mt June 19th post ESPN/Score managent what if???????????

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
SHARK wrote:
Rome's already "burning" with a syndicated sports talk show on Premiere Radio Networks, complete with dead air, plus a half hour daily TV show on ESPN. Rome's radio show here didn't "burn" here, whether it was live or on tape delay very late at night, and I remember both Tony Kornheiser & Dan Patrick were NOT happy when ESPN Radio 1000 bosses took away the last hour of Tony's old show and the first hour of Dan's old show when Rome's Los Angeles-based sports talker debuted in this market. In fact, check out Frank Caliendo's killer imitation of Rome during the "FOX NFL Sunday" pregame show, or the next time another character of Frank's, "Sunday Night John", pays a visit to "MJH".

He could do his show from here, in the mornings here, as opposed to early midday in LA, and do Jim Rome is Burning from here, too, maybe in the Jerry Springer studios... :lol: I'm sorry, I can't even type all of that with a straight face. :lol: "Hey, Jerry! Do you think you could hose off all the furniture after you're done taping?... Yeah, thanks, man... I am OUT!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:40 pm 

Does anyone pining for DP in the morning remember his ESPN radio show? Have you listened to his tape delayed broadcasts? It's the same show (ZZZZZZZZ)...do you really think moving to mornings would be any different???

I honestly cannot believe this option is even being considered.

Mulli and Hanley are fine. Chicago sports talk in the morning...all morning, what a concept!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:58 pm 

I'm guessing these 2 should be able to beat Mike and Mike, assuming they talk sports. To me that was North's problem, he lost listeners because he wanted to talk everything but sports.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
They talk sports -- with a somewhat informed opinion.
Both of them also have a decent sense of humor.
It's a quality mix.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
bottom line: North was so poor at talking sports intelligently, the masses yearn for just a "sports" show. perhaps when the need has been filled for a few months, those who are supporting M & H will turn to criticizing them for not being exciting enough...50/50 chance...they're decent, and mornings aren't my best time anyway...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
It was train-wreck radio, and people loved pouring over the damage.
I think the opposite might happen. Someone might start tuning into the morning show to gain actual information about the local sports teams. Mike was too busy spewing poorly-thoughtout theories, which generally lacked any basis in fact. North loved playing Devil's Advocate, but he continually burned himself for his lack of knowledge about the subject.
M and H will not always toe the line. If they do go out on a limb, I usually here them come up with some facts or fairly-informed reason for the comment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:19 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
They talk sports, which is nice..But, Can they carry 4 hours??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:05 am 

Location: A little town called none of your god-damned business
Who ya crappin' fullmoon? They carried six hours each day for a week as well as anyone could. They proved this past week that four hours ain't no thang for them. Two hours never even let these guys get started. I think four hours will be just right. Welcome to the board.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:39 am 
1000 CLUB

Many people on this board complained because North didn't talk sports, or was unprepared. Now, we get two guys who are talking sports and are prepared, and some people still aren't happy. I think it's a damn good sports show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:09 am 

BD wrote:
Many people on this board complained because North didn't talk sports, or was unprepared. Now, we get two guys who are talking sports and are prepared, and some people still aren't happy. I think it's a damn good sports show.

Amazing ain't it??

Some people are never satisfied and just like to hear themselves piss and moan

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:10 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
BD wrote:

Amazing ain't it??

That seems to be the case. I find it hard to complain at all about this show. Very solid.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:09 pm 

Gotta give these guys some time. Nobody at that station had a plan for this .

YES
3% [ 4 ]
NO
69% [ 70 ]
YES, BUT NOT WITH THE SAME SHOW
26% [ 27 ]

Total Votes : 101

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:01 am 

hey at least north's show had some steam to actually wreck the show with. mully and handme could never ruin a show because they don't say anything worth a smirk of excitement to even get the show rolling. definition of bordem- 6am to 10am on the score.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:04 am 

it's 100 mouthbreathers all on one poll!

"It's IMPLIED penetration!"
-----------------
Do you want WSCR to bring back Mike North?
YES
3% [ 4 ]
NO
69% [ 70 ]
YES, BUT NOT WITH THE SAME SHOW
26% [ 27 ]

Total Votes : 101 (and only 100 squirts of asthma medication)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:08 am 

BD wrote:
RFDC wrote:
BD wrote:

Amazing ain't it??

That seems to be the case. I find it hard to complain at all about this show. Very solid.

i got some complaints

1. it starts off boring
2. the forced jokes could not be more lame
3. the fake excitement just makes me jump out of bed
4. booooooooaaaaahhhhhhhhh unbelievable!
5. my giddy shut the fuck up
6. it's very much equivalent to reading the sports section from the newspaper. you want stupid? how about people who want 100% statistics and not real insight whatsoever. those are mully and handme fans.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:11 am 

7. it continues to be just as boring when it started, and it's like one of those things where you wake up everyday thinking 'are the sox playing this morning? because this is the same shit i heard yesterday'