It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:04 am 
1000 CLUB

I heard the musical intro to the NEW morning show complete Mully screaming and the oh so popular drops. But hidden in there was a quick little song fron the WIZARD of OZ.

I thought I heard "the wicked witch is dead" during the opening.

It was quick but I see no other reason than to jab Mike N.

Get your asses out of bed let me know if you hear it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Giordano's (Stuffed)
Wouldn't shock me. I thought I heard North take a shot at Mulli and Hanley on MJH yesterday. I'm sure they are not fond of each other.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:56 pm 

Location: A little town called none of your god-damned business
They said on the show today that Rock is running the sound for them now. So that would be him doing it if it happened. I wasn't listening at the time so I don't know if it happened. I will say that Rock is doing a great job with the sound as the show is sounding really good all around.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:33 am 

Hell, I think the "We talk Chicago Sports in the Morning" is enough of a jab at Mike. The guy seemed to talk everything other than sports!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
While I think Mike took a smal jab at them, it was really meant at management for not paying M&H for the 6 hour show.

Now once again, this was Mike North saying that "he heard" they did not pay M&H for the 6 hours, versus the usual 2 hour show they do.

It was an attempt to prove how cheap WSCR/CBS is.

Now do you really think they did 4 hours of radio for free for a week at 6 AM? Have we considered the source?

You are giving credit to a guy who is now doing an audio webcast as his primary means of broadcasting. While there is nothing wrong with such a webcast, but for a guy who had 4 other offers, I think it is pretty strange to be doing this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:38 am 
1000 CLUB

If North was really receiving offers from other radio stations, I think we'll see him sign somewhere very quickly. It's amazing that somebody would really want him to talk social/political issues given the disaster that he was doing that on his show, so, if there is truth to what he's saying, perhaps a station like 560 AM is looking for a "known" Chicago name to add to their lineup.

Again, though, North should have a deal very soon if he's telling the truth, but even if one station is interested in him, I don't think there's more than 2 that have showed any interest, and he's probably counting doing an interview with Comcast as a station that wants him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:06 am 

bigfan wrote:
Now do you really think they did 4 hours of radio for free for a week at 6 AM? Have we considered the source?

Nope, I don't believe it.

And if for some reason it was true, the M&H need to have their heads examined and quickly removed from their rears

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:39 am 

bigfan wrote:

You are giving credit to a guy who is now doing an audio webcast as his primary means of broadcasting. While there is nothing wrong with such a webcast, but for a guy who had 4 other offers, I think it is pretty strange to be doing this.

They're throwing the offers at him!

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:14 am 

RFDC wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Nope, I don't believe it.

And if for some reason it was true, the M&H need to have their heads examined and quickly removed from their rears

that's exactly why i do believe they did it. they are the perfect tools for a free blowjob