It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do They Stay On Topic?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Alright, I normally don't listen to this show but I wanted a change so I turned it on for a bit. The discussion was Derrick Rose and whether or not he's too nice a guy to be a leader in the NBA. Then somehow it shifted to the Cubs picking up Milton Bradley because of his fire...then they started talking about Kyle Orton being named the Bears captain. Somehow THAT turned into a discussion of "who is the best leader in Chicago sports?" The topic shifted back to basketball as they started talking about Jordan's rookie year and his relationship with Kevin Loughery...somehow trying (unsuccessfully) to tie it back in with the Derrick Rose angle.

After that whole ordeal, my head ached as I tried to figure out just what their main discussion was. They never seemed to reel it in. They were all over the place and they didn't seem to have a point to anything. Is every show as disjointed as the 20 minutes that I heard this morning?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Kinda sounds like the evolution of most any thread here. Topic, what topic?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:31 am 

I think if they said "by cracky" between each change in topic and threw in a few meatball callers it would be a great show...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:33 am 

WestmontMike wrote:
I think if they said "by cracky" between each change in topic and threw in a few meatball callers it would be a great show...

Doubtful...

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:34 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:

Doubtful...

you're right, that would never work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:35 am 

Well, it works...just not for those two though. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 am 

Unless they're particularly pissed because a 'sports personality' made their jobs a bit more difficult, then no, they rarely stay on/have a single topic. Their whole "this is what a reporter's life is like" theme is tiring. Rarely any real insight or originality, just rehashing recent articles.

Especially with the dull lives these two seem to have.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:49 am 

I wish they would switch topics now because this baseball talk is killing me. "JIm Thome will retire after this season because nobody will want him'. 'If he didn't meet his incentives he'd already be retired'. WTF are these assholes smokin!?! The guy hit 34 HR's last season and knocked in 90 runs. Junior and Garrett Anderson found jobs with FAR less production. Thome isn't the hitter he used to be but these statements are outrageously uninformed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:51 am 

Yeah Keyser. Like I said, I only listened for 20 minutes this morning but it seemed to me like they were just saying stuff to fill time. Like basically 20 minutes of random, unfiltered thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
And forced laughter.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:07 am 

ahhhhhhhh....good stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:50 pm 

I haven't really noticed this until you bring it up - although I don't listen a ton.

Today they were talking of how MJ used to yell at people and be a leader on the court which reminded Mully to tell a story of how Horace Grant left a time-out huddle to pretend to call a girl on a nearby phone. :?

While it was kind of a funny story, I was expecting to hear of a time when MJ really got in someone's face.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:56 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Kinda sounds like the evolution of most any thread here. Topic, what topic?

Why, what is your favorite pop-tart flavor?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
bwfalcon wrote:
I haven't really noticed this until you bring it up - although I don't listen a ton.

Today they were talking of how MJ used to yell at people and be a leader on the court which reminded Mully to tell a story of how Horace Grant left a time-out huddle to pretend to call a girl on a nearby phone. :?

While it was kind of a funny story, I was expecting to hear of a time when MJ really got in someone's face.
The Jordan story was mixed in there...you must have missed it. According to Mully, Phil Jackson was riding Horace during a timeout & MJeff came to his defense by repeatedly asking Jackson "What did you ever do (as a player)?".

The story about Horace on the phone was kind of funny since it began with the origin of the "Horace is the father of a local newsanchor's baby rumor" and finished with Horace saying he didn't miss anything in the huddle since they never called any plays for him anyway. :lol: