It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: These guys suck
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
So I've been listening to the Score a lot over the past few weeks. Why does bigfan like this duo? Im not asking to start shit, I'm genuinely curious. Their show isn't informative and it's not entertaining. It's the only show between it, Mac's, and Bernstein's that I feel like I actually have to turn off as background noise because it's just that irritating(well, LoHo too, but thankfully he doesn't have his own day show). Mike and Mike are much better until they start repeating themselves. I don't get how these guys are still on the air. Loyal listener base I guess?

To rock my soul

Post subject: Re: These guys suck
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
SoI don't get how these guys are still on the air. Loyal listener base I guess?

Aren't they both still writing for newspapers? At least I get the impression that they are still credentialed media people and not merely radio hosts with 50,000 watts blasting their personal opinions to the world.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I find the show mildly entertaining.

Of course, I also enjoyed Mike North and Stocks and Jocks, so...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 pm 

Mini Ditka wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Aren't they both still writing for newspapers? At least I get the impression that they are still credentialed media people and not merely radio hosts with 50,000 watts blasting their personal opinions to the world.

But they are bad on radio. After this long it's obvious, and being credentialed media members shouldn't mean anything. I'm pretty certain the majority of any two newspaper columnist combos in the city would be at least as good or better than M&H.

Just give the slot to Goff and somebody else already.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
FavreFan wrote:
So I've been listening to the Score a lot over the past few weeks. Why does bigfan like this duo? Im not asking to start shit, I'm genuinely curious. Their show isn't informative and it's not entertaining. It's the only show between it, Mac's, and Bernstein's that I feel like I actually have to turn off as background noise because it's just that irritating(well, LoHo too, but thankfully he doesn't have his own day show). Mike and Mike are much better until they start repeating themselves. I don't get how these guys are still on the air. Loyal listener base I guess?

Thank you! I still think BigFan is in some way related to one of these clowns....it's the only explanation!

BigFan loves M&H as much as he is obsessed with Kenny Williams.

BigFan, stay out of White Sox business.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

But they are bad on radio. After this long it's obvious, and being credentialed media members shouldn't mean anything. I'm pretty certain the majority of any two newspaper columnist combos in the city would be at least as good or better than M&H.

Speaking of credentialed media members, what about Zach and Hub together at last?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:40 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:

Why do you find it mildly entertaining? I'm not trying to argue, I'm curious. I have pretty low standards for sports radio(I like M&M, if that's any proof), I just don't see any appeal in the show. Their jokes are bad, their opinions are bad, they don't have a likable chemistry IMO like M&M. I just can't stand listening to the show for more than one segment at a time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Why do you find it mildly entertaining? I'm not trying to argue, I'm curious. I have pretty low standards for sports radio(I like M&M, if that's any proof), I just don't see any appeal in the show. Their jokes are bad, their opinions are bad, they don't have a likable chemistry IMO like M&M. I just can't stand listening to the show for more than one segment at a time.

I like their dumb jokes...don't know why, but I do...the producer who does the Fugitive bits and Grobber impressions, that too...

I've always got a crack out of Mully when he gets too yelly...

It's more fun bad than anything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:42 pm 

Mini Ditka wrote:
Speaking of credentialed media members, what about Zach and Hub together at last?

This can't be a serious suggestion. Don't make me bring Kid in here MD.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:43 pm 

Mini Ditka wrote:

The FCC has rules against that much suck being broadcast on the public airwaves...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:

This can't be a serious suggestion. Don't make me bring Kid in here MD.

From the sounds of their recent radio program together I sense they have kissed and made up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:44 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

I like their dumb jokes...don't know why, but I do...the producer who does the Fugitive bits and Grobber impressions, that too...

I've always got a crack out of Mully when he gets too yelly...

It's more fun bad than anything.

To each there own, I guess...

It's just really awkward and odd radio. Fake laughs, forced laughs, weird interview questions and non-questions, a very stilted report between the two like they aren't in the same room....ugh, fucking horrible.

If ESPN wanted the morning slut, I mean slot to be theirs they could do it easily....these two clowns wouldn't offer much resistance to a competent show on another station.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:49 pm 

I think certain hosts are better during certain hours of the day. When radio stations start shuffling their hosts like a deck of cards they find out that some hosts just can't handle working the other time slots because of audience demographics.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:51 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:

To each there own, I guess...

It's just really awkward and odd radio. Fake laughs, forced laughs, weird interview questions and non-questions, a very stilted report between the two like they aren't in the same room....ugh, fucking horrible.

If ESPN wanted the morning slut, I mean slot to be theirs they could do it easily....these two clowns wouldn't offer much resistance to a competent show on another station.

Agreed. M&M aren't very informative either and they also make bad jokes but at least there's an obvious chemistry there. You can tell they've been good friends for over a decade. And sometimes they have surprisingly good interviews(like the NCAA President a couple weeks ago). It's not a great radio show by any means but unless you're exclusively interested in Chicago sports it beats the shit out of M&H.

From the little I have listened Dallas sports radio is awful.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 pm 

Mini Ditka wrote:
I think certain hosts are better during certain hours of the day. When radio stations start shuffling their hosts like a deck of cards they find out that some hosts just can't handle working the other time slots because of audience demographics.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the main demo doesn't change much from 6a-6p.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Funny thing is that the 'if ESPN wanted the time slot" is 180 degrees from the reason Mike North claims he lost to ESPN.

He claims you just couldn't fight them (ESPN)?

So much that say 1 of his interviews (or whatever he did) after the Score canned his ass, he had Greenie on so he had the guy who beat him agree with him!

(Just so some of you know Greenie used to be ZZ at WSCR!)

I don't they are great, but they have good guests and have good facts. Plus they have the best Bears info around.

Fact is the ratings are there and while some of those ratings are just WSCR listeners, M&H have beaten ESPN.

Not sure that anyone at WSCR expected it, just tried it out and the fact is , it worked.

I would tell ya that the ratings might not even reflect how good or bad, M&H are, but how bad Mike North was.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:11 pm 

Mini Ditka is Zach Zaidman. Of this I am 73% sure

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:15 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I don't they are great, but they have good guests and have good facts. Plus they have the best Bears info around.

Isn't that just a matter of having Moon Mullin and Brag Biggs on?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Fun fact: when I get into my car in the morning, the radio is often tuned to 670. Not infrequently, I'll forget to punch the button, and will hear a couple of minutes of the show. Almost invariably, they irritate me to the point that I actually make an angry face and punch the button.

They're that bad.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Mini Ditka wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Not that I'm aware. The Sun-Times, which used to have those guys on their payroll, have made a lot of cutbacks lately in efforts to make ends meet financially. As far as I know, "Mully & Hanley" are full-time SCORE guys and no longer work for "The Bright One".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SHARK and Mini Ditka conversing is like a guy with cataracts and glaucoma reading to a man who lost his sight in a war.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
SHARK and Mini Ditka conversing is like a guy with cataracts and glaucoma reading to a man who lost his sight in a war.

OKC, Mini Ditka asked the question about the Sun-Times. I haven't seen anything Mike & Brian have written for the "Bright One" in a long time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:16 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Funny thing is that the 'if ESPN wanted the time slot" is 180 degrees from the reason Mike North claims he lost to ESPN.

He claims you just couldn't fight them (ESPN)?

So much that say 1 of his interviews (or whatever he did) after the Score canned his ass, he had Greenie on so he had the guy who beat him agree with him!

(Just so some of you know Greenie used to be ZZ at WSCR!)

Fact is the ratings are there and while some of those ratings are just WSCR listeners, M&H have beaten ESPN.

Not sure that anyone at WSCR expected it, just tried it out and the fact is , it worked.

I would tell ya that the ratings might not even reflect how good or bad, M&H are, but how bad Mike North was.

1.) "Best Bears Info Around"? Huh? What inside info and analysis have they brought, ever, to the table? It's no better than any other show or Hub for that matter. "Best Bears Info"....Come on, man.

2.) Who gives a shit about guests, I mean really. What good are decent guests when the two show hosts fuck up and embarrass themselves for the entire interview? Bad jokes, awful/awkward questions, forced laughs and all manner of total shit....

3.) This isn't about Mike North, never was, never will be. Why you bring up North in a conversation about why Mully and Hanley are one of the worst sports radio shows in the history of radio makes no sense. I actually see what you're getting at by.................come on, man.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mike Mulligan is a Tribune Reporter assigned to the Bears beat. Not the Larry type of , I will head up there when I want and talk to Peanut, but a guy that the Bears organization likes (As much as they can like a reporter) and when the Bears want something out in the public Mulligan is one of the guys who gets that information.

He has been on the Bears beat for close to 20 years. If was bad at it, he would not longer be doing it and the Tribune company would not have hired him to do the same job he had at the Sun Times.

Mulligan is the only guy who has the ability to call coaches and scouts in other towns to have them on the air because he is pretty well known in the NFL world.

I am not giving you opinion but fact.

You can dislike the way he laughs, etc but he has the info.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:29 pm 

By far the worst hosts on the worst show on the Score...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Krazy Ivan wrote:
By far the worst hosts on the worst show on the Score...

bedderden lar

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
bigfan wrote:

Okay, but who does that really benefit?

Does the average fan really care who broke the story? No. That's something for the writers to pat themselves on the back and brag about.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:35 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Okay, but who does that really benefit?

Does the average fan really care who broke the story? No. That's something for the writers to pat themselves on the back and brag about.

Exactly. He's a host. He should be entertaining. That's his job. If he's a story breaker, than go be a reporter and leave hosting to hosts...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
He broke the news on Angelo 25 seconds before i saw it online. Thats time saved, my friend.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:40 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Mike Mulligan is a Tribune Reporter assigned to the Bears beat. Not the Larry type of , I will head up there when I want and talk to Peanut, but a guy that the Bears organization likes (As much as they can like a reporter) and when the Bears want something out in the public Mulligan is one of the guys who gets that information.

He has been on the Bears beat for close to 20 years. If was bad at it, he would not longer be doing it and the Tribune company would not have hired him to do the same job he had at the Sun Times.

Mulligan is the only guy who has the ability to call coaches and scouts in other towns to have them on the air because he is pretty well known in the NFL world.

I am not giving you opinion but fact.

Wow! Mully can call scouts and coaches in other towns and, uh, do what with them, exactly? Give a horrible "interview" that is pretty much a bunch of bad jokes, awkward questions and those strange Mully questions that aren't questions but are very long statements and the guest has no idea what he's talking about? When this shit happens during those interviews I feel embarrassed for the Score and bad for the guest.

And again, WHAT INFO that is so great and meaningful has either of these clowns given us? What was juicey and "insider" news? Hanley was a beat writer for 20 years? Great, guess what, it has done nothing to give us anything sports radio-wise or to improve his radio broadcasting ability.

You are either high or get paid to promote M&H.