It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This A.M.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I turn on the radio and these guys sound like the Hawks bus drove off the Mulholland-405 overpass and everybody died. Then I heard they just lost a game. What a bunch of ninnies. Then I get traffic updates every five minutes from Bonnie Green. Who the fuck listens to WSCR for traffic updates? GMAFB. Anyone who drives a lot already has instantaneous traffic info at their fingertips. What a waste of time.

This show is fucking terrible.

Post subject: Re: This A.M.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Hatchetman wrote:
I turn on the radio and these guys sound like the Hawks bus drove off the Mulholland-405 overpass and everybody died. Then I heard they just lost a game. What a bunch of ninnies. Then I get traffic updates every five minutes from Bonnie Green. Who the fuck listens to WSCR for traffic updates? GMAFB. Anyone who drives a lot already has instantaneous traffic info at their fingertips. What a waste of time.

This show is fucking terrible.

Just stop listening. It's a bad show, it has always been a bad show.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:47 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Just stop listening. It's a bad show, it has always been a bad show.

I just like to complain. Eventually I turned to XRT.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I sent out a tweet that said something like "Why does it take Mulligan @mullyhanley 5 minutes to get his question out?". That was in regards to Mulligan with Gordon Wittenmeyer this morning. Terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:51 am 

yesterday, they had some cubs prospect on. mully told him the story about said guy's batting cage at his home. dude said "yeah."

nice question asshole.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Hatchetman wrote:
yesterday, they had some cubs prospect on. mully told him the story about said guy's batting cage at his home. dude said "yeah."

nice question asshole.

I heard that. He literally asked and answered his own question.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:56 am 

God, I caught a bit of this "show" this morning, and what an unmitigated disaster it is. A caller called in from Lake Zurich, and for some inexplicable reason, Mully thought it'd be funny to pronounce it Zur-itch. He did this multiple times, and then every time the caller was about to get started on his point, Mully would interrupt with another attempt at humor -a notably lame example being that he had a bank account in Zurich.

Mully is the least funny thing in existence. Childhood cancer is a great deal more amusing that Mike Mulligan. It should actually be illegal for him to attempt humor.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Nice LA reference

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:01 am 

Hatchetman wrote:

nice question asshole.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mulligan is THE worst person on the radio with guests. There is nobody worse than Mully. The Stuttering public defender from My Cousin Vinny would conduct a better interview.

"So, you know, the White Sox. I mean, they had a good start to May, got to .500, and then just gave up. Now they have lost 8 in a row, and Adam Dunn needs to be cut, and they are never gonna win a game again. What do you think is going to happen with the Sox? Should they keep playing, should they just give up and not play the rest of the season? Do you start trading away guys, do you DRIVE ADAM DUNN'S ARSE TO THE AIRPORT! I mean what gives, what happens with this team, what is on the horizon for this team?"

And that is a short version of asking a question for Mully.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:26 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Mulligan is THE worst person on the radio with guests. There is nobody worse than Mully. The Stuttering public defender from My Cousin Vinny would conduct a better interview.

"So, you know, the White Sox. I mean, they had a good start to May, got to .500, and then just gave up. Now they have lost 8 in a row, and Adam Dunn needs to be cut, and they are never gonna win a game again. What do you think is going to happen with the Sox? Should they keep playing, should they just give up and not play the rest of the season? Do you start trading away guys, do you DRIVE ADAM DUNN'S ARSE TO THE AIRPORT! I mean what gives, what happens with this team, what is on the horizon for this team?"

You're giving him too much credit. There is no way he would end with an actual question

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Hanley wrote:
So, back when covering the Hawks we asked the Hawks coach, Craig Hartsburg, Hartsy, why they weren't playing this defensemen

Mulligan interrupting:
Mully wrote:
I HARTSY THE HAWKS!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

You're giving him too much credit. There is no way he would end with an actual question

When I get home tonight, I am going to transcribe his question to Wittenmeyer this morning.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Mully likes to answer the question he is "asking" himself. North used to do the same thing. And when the guy they're supposedly interviewing disagrees with the way Mully or North "answers" his own question, they get angry and start arguing about it. It's ridiculous. Mully did this recently with John Salley. If you're not going to let the guy answer the question, why even have him on? Why the fuck are you asking him?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Is this show's atrociousness indicative of a divide between sports "talkers" and sports "writers"? I don't hear Randazzo that much, but when I do I sense a smoothness that I don't hear at all from guys like Mulligan, Boers, and even Bernstein. But I assume 670 keeps guys like Mulligan because of his name and stature, even though he isn't a "talker" in the way a lesser known guy like Randazzo is. Is this at all somewhat accurate?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Caught 15min or so this morning with Hanley and Seacrest. It wasn't too bad.

Mully sucks. He needs to go. He brings the entire show down. He is the worst on AM sports talk in this town since Salisbury.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:25 am 

I caught a bit of it too, and yeah, the show is just far better if Mully isn't there. He really is the worst.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:26 am 

spmack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

When I get home tonight, I am going to transcribe his question to Wittenmeyer this morning.

WELL, WE'RE WAITING!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:35 am 
1000 CLUB

Taking one for the team. You're a gentleman and a scholar Hatchetman! :wink:

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Yeah, I like Hanley with anyone else. He isnt great but he isnt terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hanley plays off his partner. When its Mully there, Hanley screams more and makes unfunny jokes. When its Seacrest or somebody else, Hanley actually talks sports.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:40 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hanley plays off his partner. When its Mully there, Hanley screams more and makes unfunny jokes. When its Seacrest or somebody else, Hanley actually talks sports.

I totally agree with this.

Hanley can get it done when he isn't in "schtick mode," his schtick just so happens to occur when Mully is around. When Mully is absent Hanley is fine.

Hanley's push to talk actual sports and other related topics comes through during the show, but Mully shits all over everything.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:42 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Hanley can get it done when he isn't in "schtick mode," his schtick just so happens to occur when Mully is around. When Mully is absent Hanley is fine.

While I agree, Mully makes it worse, I remember someone posting a review of the Score in its first year and the reviewer labeled Hanley "the Henny Youngman of sports radio" due to his propensity for one liners.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:47 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

While I agree, Mully makes it worse, I remember someone posting a review of the Score in its first year and the reviewer labeled Hanley "the Henny Youngman of sports radio" due to his propensity for one liners.

That was the report card in the Sun-Times during the Scores first years, Mac and B&B read it during their shows a year or two ago.

Schtick is ok when it's balanced with actual sports discussion and a small part of the pie. With M&H it's front and center.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
spmack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Are you gonna fucking do this or what?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
All I know is Mully needs decaf. He's not as irritating as Chris Berman, but real close...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 am 

God, why does this assclown like yelling so fucking much? Does he think it's entertaining, or does he just love yelling?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Mike and Mike, while certainly harboring its own flaws, is a very good alternative to this show.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:50 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Mike and Mike, while certainly harboring its own flaws, is a very good alternative to this show.

Are you insane?

This morning M&H were talking hockey with Peter Gammons!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:53 am 

I can't stress this enough: it should literally be illegal for Mully to attempt to crack wise. He has no fucking wisdom to crack. It's fucking brutal every single time.