It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mully's interview style
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Mulligan, literally taking a minute and a half to ask the first question of his guest Phil Kadner today. This is AFTER the 30-second intro and 'how are ya?' question.

Quote:
well you know, again, you know that it's, um, a very interesting case, if you want to call it that. Alan Kustok, um, accused of the murder of his wife Jeannie, and of course we probably wouldn't know a lot about this if it were it not for the sports connection, that being that Zak Kustok, was again a former Northwestern quarterback, and a guy -did he not start at Notre Dame and transfer, I believe?- and Sarah Kustok, his sister, played basketball at DePaul, and became an employee at Chicago, excuse me, Comcast Sports Net, and was a very popular figure there, she's now moved to the YES Network in New York, and this is a salacious type of murder story here....and we'll get to your interview with Zak because that was really something special, but: Sarah, was the subject of a conversation between her father and a woman he met online, and...ya know, I guess what I'm asking is: would this story be as big of a story...is the sports-angle here, is the careers of the children, somehow making, driving this story into more of a sensational story than it would be?

(I stopped with the 'ums' after a while)

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Reared on the Score wrote:
Mulligan, literally taking a minute and a half to ask the first question of his guest Phil Kadner today. This is AFTER the 30-second intro and 'how are ya?' question.

Quote:
well you know, again, you know that it's, um, a very interesting case, if you want to call it that. Alan Kustok, um, accused of the murder of his wife Jeannie, and of course we probably wouldn't know a lot about this if it were it not for the sports connection, that being that Zak Kustok, was again a former Northwestern quarterback, and a guy -did he not start at Notre Dame and transfer, I believe?- and Sarah Kustok, his sister, played basketball at DePaul, and became an employee at Chicago, excuse me, Comcast Sports Net, and was a very popular figure there, she's now moved to the YES Network in New York, and this is a salacious type of murder story here....and we'll get to your interview with Zak because that was really something special, but: Sarah, was the subject of a conversation between her father and a woman he met online, and...ya know, I guess what I'm asking is: would this story be as big of a story...is the sports-angle here, is the careers of the children, somehow making, driving this story into more of a sensational story than it would be?

Agree, he was more than lost in his own thought. Not a great showing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:16 pm 

He's worse than Terry.

That's great that you transcribed the question. We should make it a series of Mully transcripts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
The fact he had this guy on answers his own question.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:27 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
That's great that you transcribed the question. We should make it a series of Mully transcripts.

thank you, I would never say it was 'worth it' but I'm glad it didn't go unappreciated. 8)

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:38 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

thank you, I would never say it was 'worth it' but I'm glad it didn't go unappreciated. 8)

If we got a bunch of em together it would be even funnier. And Mully or someone from that show reads here too so it might improve him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
rogers park bryan wrote:

Definitely not unappreciated. You deserve hazard pay for that!

I'll say the same thing about Mully that I said about Robin Baumgarten. How can you be a professional broadcaster and not care that you sound like that?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I been saying this about Mulligan forever ..great to be able see transcripts . much appreciated.

mully had a few ridiculous ones today @ marcus allen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:58 am 

If he asked "How are ya?", then that was the first question.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
I can't disagree with most of the stuff posted above.

However, IMO, Mully got some good NFL thoughts out of Marcus Allen while in studio this morning.

Allen is town to speak at a charity thing today.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:32 pm 

Godfella wrote:

However, IMO, Mully got some good NFL thoughts out of Marcus Allen while in studio this morning.

Right but what would you say, and I know The SCORE doesnt have much in the way of football, and the mully and hanley show gets ripped here, but is it possible that, Well of course it's possible, but is it likely, and again, were not looking for Johnny Carson here, is it possible Mulligan, or Mully as some call him around here HAHAH, is it possible that Mulligan could maybe get more questions in, Not 20 questions, but I mean of course, maybe that he came from the newspaper beat and talked to athletes made him like this, but is it possible he could ask more questions if he tightened them up?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Right but what would you say, and I know The SCORE doesnt have much in the way of football, and the mully and hanley show gets ripped here, but is it possible that, Well of course it's possible, but is it likely, and again, were not looking for Johnny Carson here, is it possible Mulligan, or Mully as some call him around here HAHAH, is it possible that Mulligan could maybe get more questions in, Not 20 questions, but I mean of course, maybe that he came from the newspaper beat and talked to athletes made him like this, but is it possible he could ask more questions if he tightened them up?

Lol - yes!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
rogers park bryan wrote:
but is it possible he could ask more questions if he tightened them up?

Mully: Marcus, talk about.....everything.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: my house

Quote:

i heard this and was almost hoping alan kustok would come kill me. if i was a guest i would ask him is there a question in all that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
He doesn't even say "Ummmm" right, no, he says it like "You know, Jim, eMMMMMMMMMMMM,"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

If we got a bunch of em together it would be even funnier. And Mully or someone from that show reads here too so it might improve him.

Matty can put together a feature reel on B&B -- although I sort of feel they wouldn't cross Mully that way for whatever reason.

And lol at notbob. :-D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Oh boy, Mully & Hanley just now was classic with Bruce Levine.

Mully rambled about Konerko & Dunn having a ton of home runs and never actually asked a question. So there was an akward 5 seconds of silence as they were waiting for Bruce to answer a question asked. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:40 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Oh boy, Mully & Hanley just now was classic with Bruce Levine.

Mully rambled about Konerko & Dunn having a ton of home runs and never actually asked a question. So there was an akward 5 seconds of silence as they were waiting for Bruce to answer a question asked. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Hanley after the question: "....did we lose Bruce?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:43 am 

7/30, opening 'question' to Biggs.

Quote:
Well, it's a happy camp, whenever you can take a day off...whenever you can get the off day in, and the Bears back to practice today after enjoying a brief respite yetserday..., and, boy, I don't know who wrote it, but I read something this morning...just how lovely it is to go camping this time of year, because it's more about summer fun than it is about preparation for the football season, it's a totally different world. And it's funny when you think about how much things have changed, and I'm not saying it's not the right thing to do, I'm just saying it's just so different it's unbelievable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:49 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
The answer, as always: Bernstein and Mulligan in the mornings.

Dear God, what's the question?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:49 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I suppose "Dear God, what's the question?" could have been a reply to your post and your sig. I had to choose one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

what was the morning show that michael douglas' character listened to in "falling down" ??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:13 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

Quote:
Well, it's a happy camp, whenever you can take a day off...whenever you can get the off day in, and the Bears back to practice today after enjoying a brief respite yetserday..., and, boy, I don't know who wrote it, but I read something this morning...just how lovely it is to go camping this time of year, because it's more about summer fun than it is about preparation for the football season, it's a totally different world. And it's funny when you think about how much things have changed, and I'm not saying it's not the right thing to do, I'm just saying it's just so different it's unbelievable.
Its fucking brutal. I have no clue how he stays on the air talking like this. How does Mitch allow this to continue?

I hate when they have Biggs on. Between Mully's incoherent nonsense questions, Hanley's "jokes", and Biggs' breathing it might as well be Chinese water torture.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I texted in once to say his interviewing style is awful. He responded by saying to get off his ass, that he hadn't slept much last night and will do better next week.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Quote:
Its fucking brutal. I have no clue how he stays on the air talking like this. How does Mitch allow this to continue?

I hate when they have Biggs on. Between Mully's incoherent nonsense questions, Hanley's "jokes", and Biggs' breathing it might as well be Chinese water torture.

apparently people like it... the ratings speak to that. It's also apparent based on past situations that if anyone challenges or makes fun of mulligan from the station he is a little bitch about it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:37 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

:lol: I suppose my sig is outdated. But I do think that Mulligan is genuinely entertaining, he just can't drive a show as he gets lost in his own Mully-ness. And with the theory that Bernstein needs a partner who doesn't just nod along I think Mulligan would stand up to him on things.

But this is mostly based off of fill-in stints Mully used to do middays on B&B circa 2003. That was a different Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:00 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Quote:

apparently people like it... the ratings speak to that. It's also apparent based on past situations that if anyone challenges or makes fun of mulligan from the station he is a little bitch about it

This thread is great - and that last part, about him being a little bitch, made me LOL as I just listened to the show (yesterday, maybe Thursday) and they took a call from some guy who got upset with the show's content. They eventually hang up on him (it's apparent he's a regular caller) and Mully goes on to get all butt-hurt about "you call up and yell at us, geeesh!"

Almost any other show would make lemonade out of that call - Mulligan went on to complain about the guy calling, and how that's not fair.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
That's a life lesson I will try to instill in my children. If you can laugh at yourself, others won't want to. Mully hasn't figured it out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Don't forget about Hanley's "yaknow" verbal tic!