It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Mully was talking about not being able to attend the roast tonight. He said his favorite Doug story was when he was paired up with Doug and doing crosstalk with Dan. Dan was ripping on Doug for having memory loss from playing football (must have been before CTE was VERY IMPORTANT RADIO). Doug told him to cut it out or he was going to get up and go after him. Dan replied with "Whatever, you'll forget why you got up before you get here". Mully said Doug flew out of his chair and put Dan in a choke hold while Mully was yelling to let him go because he was turning purple. Doug let him go and went into the hallway shaking with rage.

Mully even made a point to say afterwards that before people start texting in to say "good job he should choke him again" that Dan is a really nice and funny guy despite how he comes across on the radio. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I was listening as well. Mully said that Bernstein was also ball busting him a little with dumb jock stereotype. I remember hearing Doug's a pretty decent businessman? He just does the 670 stuff for fun?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Why didn't dan sue him?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Why didn't dan sue him?

Maybe he did and Doug forgot. Tough luck.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Why didn't dan sue him?

Dan also probably realized at that moment it's hard to call the authorities when somebody is choking you out.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
in regards to why dan didn't sue him, i suspect it has something to do with the part about mully saying that IRL dan is a nice humorous guy and etc etc.

i mean those of us here who have gone to remotes and had a chance to talk to dan off-air can relate to that. he isn't as much of an aggro/in-your-face combative douche as much as he is a guy who just "plays that on the radio." he seems to be pretty down to earth and even likeable when he's not busy projecting the wizard-of-oz-type-grandiose-projection that he does as FOTStein, and like i said i'm sure many of us can insert our stories here if we want.

personally, dan let me down @ bourbonnais 09 when after the show ended he popped up right in front of me and i was like "DAN, hey you're the be-all/end-all of many an argument, so how right am i in telling my friend that he looks like a pansy for wearing flipflops to bears training camp?" and dan kind of chuckled and said "well hey if they're comfortable i don't see anything wrong with that" so i pulled a bernSTINE and interrupted him to say "oh comeon dan don't worry you're not losing a potential listener with him and he's not going to go on a messageboard to cry about it, but there's something inherently wrong with flip flops and this is akin to finding out santa isn't real in regards to one of my radio heroes having my back!" and dan then just kind of made a face and was like "has he been like this all day?" to which my friend retorted "pretty much" and dan said "well good luck with that" to which i retorted "yeah and he's gonna need it too. i'd tell him to walk home but then again he's wearing flip flops so he couldn't do it, which is kind of my point here!"

so yeah TL;DR = dan's a good solid dude IRL and not nearly as righteous/combative as he is on the air in that you can have a normal conversation with the guy and not feel like you're a pissant in the presence of god or something. i mean hell at the board meetup @ a remote at cleo's in dec 2010 our table of pantsless cretins ended up being right next to the bernstein family (who had all pulled through to have dinner after the remote) and they were just like any other family you'd encounter at a restaurant like that..... well except for the part that i had my IQ re-checked the next day and it turned out that i had went up 10 IQ points for being in the immediate vicinity of j-bernstein: boy genius. but other than that, yeah, he's just a normal regular dare-i-say meek/ish dude IRL, which prolly has a lot to do with the fact that he's 5'2" and 86 pounds or whatever =D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
your TL:DR was TL:DR :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
A very good version

https://soundcloud.com/christannehill/doug-buffone-chokes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
sinicalypse wrote:
in regards to why dan didn't sue him, i suspect it has something to do with the part about mully saying that IRL dan is a nice humorous guy and etc etc.

i mean those of us here who have gone to remotes and had a chance to talk to dan off-air can relate to that. he isn't as much of an aggro/in-your-face combative douche as much as he is a guy who just "plays that on the radio." he seems to be pretty down to earth and even likeable when he's not busy projecting the wizard-of-oz-type-grandiose-projection that he does as FOTStein, and like i said i'm sure many of us can insert our stories here if we want.

personally, dan let me down @ bourbonnais 09 when after the show ended he popped up right in front of me and i was like "DAN, hey you're the be-all/end-all of many an argument, so how right am i in telling my friend that he looks like a pansy for wearing flipflops to bears training camp?" and dan kind of chuckled and said "well hey if they're comfortable i don't see anything wrong with that" so i pulled a bernSTINE and interrupted him to say "oh comeon dan don't worry you're not losing a potential listener with him and he's not going to go on a messageboard to cry about it, but there's something inherently wrong with flip flops and this is akin to finding out santa isn't real in regards to one of my radio heroes having my back!" and dan then just kind of made a face and was like "has he been like this all day?" to which my friend retorted "pretty much" and dan said "well good luck with that" to which i retorted "yeah and he's gonna need it too. i'd tell him to walk home but then again he's wearing flip flops so he couldn't do it, which is kind of my point here!"

so yeah TL;DR = dan's a good solid dude IRL and not nearly as righteous/combative as he is on the air in that you can have a normal conversation with the guy and not feel like you're a pissant in the presence of god or something. i mean hell at the board meetup @ a remote at cleo's in dec 2010 our table of pantsless cretins ended up being right next to the bernstein family (who had all pulled through to have dinner after the remote) and they were just like any other family you'd encounter at a restaurant like that..... well except for the part that i had my IQ re-checked the next day and it turned out that i had went up 10 IQ points for being in the immediate vicinity of j-bernstein: boy genius. but other than that, yeah, he's just a normal regular dare-i-say meek/ish dude IRL, which prolly has a lot to do with the fact that he's 5'2" and 86 pounds or whatever =D

Bernstein seems like an uptight, weasly, shit, which is pretty much how he comes across on the radio.