It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
It's like GM and Ford during the go-go SUV years, with disaster lurking around the corner. Doesn't seem like they get it from a marketing perspective. This is the face of MLB scheduling by the way.

Image[/quote]

Since when does anyone need to see what a schedule maker looks like :scratch: :scratch:[/quote]

Cuz she doesn't actually do the work, they have a consulting firm do it. She "makes adjustments" and is basically the PR person, which is probably not the best job for a horrible shrewish example of nepotism. I was thinking more Betty Childs 10 years out from her Pi Delta Pi presidency.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Nothing says "marquee matchup" quite like two 60-win teams :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Cubs Sox is a marquee interleague matchup regardless of what their records are.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:58 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Nothing says "marquee matchup" quite like two 60-win teams :lol:

Do you know how many times Ive watched a terrible Redskin team get housed by the Cowboys or Giants on national tv?

A LOT

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
No, it isn't easy. And no, MLB should not give a shit about two shit teams playing one another.
It's actually really easy. There are a lot of scheduling systems that easily handle systems that are 100x more complex than 30 teams playing each other 162 times.

This has the stink of something freshly pulled from your ass.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
redskingreg wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Chus wrote:

How could baseball be dying, if teams are getting HUGE TV deals?

It's like GM and Ford during the go-go SUV years, with disaster lurking around the corner. Doesn't seem like they get it from a marketing perspective. This is the face of MLB scheduling by the way.

Since when does anyone need to see what a schedule maker looks like :scratch: :scratch:

:scratch: I thought Chub Feeney was dead?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:52 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I don't think its easy to make the MLB schedule, but there are a mere handful of marquee interleague matchups that should be featured on weekends at some point between May 20th and August 20th. Cubs Sox happens to be one of them.
Compare it to something like the airline industry. The level of complexity isn't even close. Southwest alone has 3,600 flights a day. An entire MLB season is only 2,430 games.

They don't have to worry about marquee matchups in the airline industry, nor do they have to worry about what times busses and trains are travelling. There's nearly limitless unique factors that sports teams have to account for.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:12 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
They don't have to worry about marquee matchups in the airline industry, nor do they have to worry about what times busses and trains are travelling. There's nearly limitless unique factors that sports teams have to account for.
This has the stink of something freshly pulled from your ass.

The times are pretty much set by the venue anyways. If it's a day game it starts at 1:10 for the Cell, and if it is a night game, it starts at 7:10. The buses and trains don't matter because the venue already dictates the time. It's not like the system has to put a game on at 3am.

It's quite a trivial system, even when you start to add in advanced features like distance tracking to keep road trips short and putting in extra rules like (Chicago vs. Chicago needs to be after May 25th on a weekend). A summer intern at IBM could create the whole system in less than a month. There are companies all over Chicago that have more complex scheduling mechanisms than would be needed.

In fact, MLB could just drop $129 on this! http://www.galactix.com/tsss/leaguescheduler.html