It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Greg, you would be the first one Dbagging MLB if your beloved Cardinals opened up the season in Japan or Cambodia or whatever MLB decides to play its Opening Day. Or say the Cardinals opened up the year with a 12 game road trip? Tough luck, schedule is tough. There is more than 1 NL team.

Yeah, except I wouldn't be that at all. That's not me. Find another redskinstrawman to fit your argument.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:12 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The schedule makers should at least know when the NFL draft is

No. They shouldn't know when I have Shakespeare tickets either. If you'd rather watch the draft, go ahead. I'm sure Jerry's sponsors will miss you.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't care who she was, she was explaining to those two goofs how difficult it is to make the schedule and they didn't want to accept it. It's far too complicated to plan for every contingency or other event that might be occurring eight months in advance. I'm going to see Shakespeare tonight. Should I scream at my wife who bought the subscription last year for not realizing the Sox/Cubs game was tonight and the Hawks were in the playoffs? Is Mully going to be at the baseball game or the hockey game tonight?

They have 6 months to create the schedule. Interleague baseball is played all year now. Very easy to put the series in late May, June, July, August or September. Or at a minimum find a weekend.

MLB's stupidity and arrogance is why their sport is dying.

Last edited by Kirkwood on Tue May 06, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

No. They shouldn't know when I have Shakespeare tickets either. If you'd rather watch the draft, go ahead. I'm sure Jerry's sponsors will miss you.

They should also take into account the date the NFL schedule is announced, when free agency begins, as well as when OTAs start.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:15 am 
Site Admin

Kirkwood wrote:

That would make a lot more sense if it were, you know, actually dying.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I already said I wasn't watching the draft, nobody gives a fuck about your Shakespeare tickets, and the NFL knows when the World Series is so much so that for a while they wouldn't even put a game on that particular Sunday nite.

MLB is stupid and arrogant in this regard.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:23 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm going to see Shakespeare tonight. Should I scream at my wife who bought the subscription last year for not realizing the Sox/Cubs game was tonight and the Hawks were in the playoffs? Is Mully going to be at the baseball game or the hockey game tonight?
Looks like you aren't a very good fan.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:23 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Should I scream at my wife who bought the subscription last year for not realizing the Sox/Cubs game was tonight and the Hawks were in the playoffs?

Yes

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:24 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Im just saying that if you took the average stats of pitchers who failed to get a win, Samardzija was better than that last night (even taking the conditions into account)

He made some good hitters look silly

Couldn't we say the same thing about Quintana though?

Absolutely

Right, so my thought would be that it probably isn't coincidence that two starters plus a bunch of crappy relievers were all at the top of their game on the same night and that conditions had a whole lot to do with the pitching performances in the game.

I believe both pitchers would have pitched well regardless. Both guys had their stuff working.

Maybe it would have been 3-2, instead of 1-1

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:26 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm going to see Shakespeare tonight. Should I scream at my wife who bought the subscription last year for not realizing the Sox/Cubs game was tonight and the Hawks were in the playoffs? Is Mully going to be at the baseball game or the hockey game tonight?

I'm a huge fan of Henry V as well as baseball and hockey. I'm sorry you aren't as well-rounded as Jason Bernstein and I. Enjoy your fuckin' draft.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:27 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
It makes no sense to put one of THE marquee interleague series so early in the season at the time time of the NFL Draft.

Solution: Turn off the draft.

What new draft info are you going to get that a twitter feed won't give you?

No shit. I've never understood the love for the NFL Draft. Maybe it's because the team I root for usually has no first round picks :lol: Even when they did, I'd be on the golf course checking my phone for draft results. Large men in suits awkwardly embracing an old Jewish man does nothing for me.

Ive gotten into a few drafts. 03-04 I was all in.

It was exciting. Good tv.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't care who she was, she was explaining to those two goofs how difficult it is to make the schedule and they didn't want to accept it. It's far too complicated to plan for every contingency or other event that might be occurring eight months in advance. I'm going to see Shakespeare tonight. Should I scream at my wife who bought the subscription last year for not realizing the Sox/Cubs game was tonight and the Hawks were in the playoffs? Is Mully going to be at the baseball game or the hockey game tonight?

They have 6 months to create the schedule. Interleague baseball is played all year now. Very easy to put the series in late May, June, July, August or September. Or at a minimum find a weekend.

Where did you cunting do your scheduling?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:30 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

Maybe one day MLB can start using computer scheduling where these types of "problems" are solved in seconds.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
It makes no sense to put one of THE marquee interleague series so early in the season at the time time of the NFL Draft.

Solution: Turn off the draft.

What new draft info are you going to get that a twitter feed won't give you?

Twitter is the way to consume the NFL draft. Then you don't have to deal with any of the goofs on TV.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:22 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

How could baseball be dying, if teams are getting HUGE TV deals?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:23 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm a huge fan of Henry V as well as baseball and hockey. I'm sorry you aren't as well-rounded as Jason Bernstein and I. Enjoy your fuckin' draft.

:lol:

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:29 am 

Anyone know if Adam Hoge's 2015 mock draft is out yet? Trying to schedule a road trip to see the Cardinals. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
redskingreg wrote:
Anyone know if Adam Hoge's 2015 mock draft is out yet? Trying to schedule a road trip to see the Cardinals. Thanks in advance.

Sometime between in late April and early May. I'll send a telegram to MLB head office so they can plan accordingly.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

It's like GM and Ford during the go-go SUV years, with disaster lurking around the corner. Doesn't seem like they get it from a marketing perspective. This is the face of MLB scheduling by the way.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:00 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And the Kasper interview was dumb too. "Samardzija was so great last night. That's why pitcher wins mean nothing." The willfull ignorance of the fact that Quintana was so "great" as well, along with various and sundry mediocre relief pitchers who were also "great" is exactly why a starter's wins are important. Leury Garcia would have had a low WHIP had he pitched in that game.

How do wins mitigate that?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Yankees and Mets play May 12-15/Tues-Thurs. GET MIKE FRANCESA TO INTERVIEW HER! HURRY!! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:03 am 

DannyB wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

It's like GM and Ford during the go-go SUV years, with disaster lurking around the corner. Doesn't seem like they get it from a marketing perspective. This is the face of MLB scheduling by the way.

Since when does anyone need to see what a schedule maker looks like :scratch: :scratch:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:04 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
redskingreg wrote:
She said its a schedule "glitch" in which these series HAVE to be 2-game sets, since there are now interleague games daily.

Then stop playing interleague games daily. You're playing to win your division or a wild card; play 156 of those games against the other teams who are trying to do so, not a bunch of teams you've safely gone without playing for the better part of a century. The "glitch" is of their own design. You didn't have to move a city that had been in the National League for 50 years. At least Milwaukee had history as part of the NL when they flipped.

People do like these games, whether they're Cubs-Sox, Yankees-Mets, Dodgers-Angels, Giants-A's, Nats-O's, Cardinals-Royals, Brewers-Twins, whatever. That's the only interleague worth keeping. They feel special. Nothing about the Sox playing Washington in April feels special.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:06 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No, it isn't easy. And no, MLB should not give a shit about two shit teams playing one another.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:10 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
No, it isn't easy. And no, MLB should not give a shit about two shit teams playing one another.
It's actually really easy. There are a lot of scheduling systems that easily handle systems that are 100x more complex than 30 teams playing each other 162 times.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
It's actually really easy. There are a lot of scheduling systems that easily handle systems that are 100x more complex than 30 teams playing each other 162 times.

Like your CSFMB March Madness model.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

Like your CSFMB March Madness model.

Horrible example!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I don't think its easy to make the MLB schedule, but there are a mere handful of marquee interleague matchups that should be featured on weekends at some point between May 20th and August 20th. Cubs Sox happens to be one of them.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
denisdman wrote:
upset Hawk.

Reeee-dundant YES!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:29 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I don't think its easy to make the MLB schedule, but there are a mere handful of marquee interleague matchups that should be featured on weekends at some point between May 20th and August 20th. Cubs Sox happens to be one of them.
Compare it to something like the airline industry. The level of complexity isn't even close. Southwest alone has 3,600 flights a day. An entire MLB season is only 2,430 games.