It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Is anyone listening to this? I've only heard about 10 minutes or so, and most of that has been Mulligan's forced guffawing. Did they get Emery's football information?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
it was an OK listen, your typical 3 minute mulligan rambling question interview technique... one dumb hanley question regarding urlacher from 2013 off-season (Really Brian? you think bears fans want to hear more about that?)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
billypootons wrote:
it was an OK listen, your typical 3 minute mulligan rambling question interview technique... one dumb hanley question regarding urlacher from 2013 off-season (Really Brian? you think bears fans want to hear more about that?)

I caught the middle of that in the car on the way to work and wondered who brought that up and why.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:23 am 

Listen, Phil, its great to have you here and we thank you for the time. Right off the bat, I wanna ask you about the draft, I mean who wouldnt? Ya just had the damn thing and as we know in today's NFL the draft is pretty much the key to success...and yes, we know there are exceptions, sometimes Free agency plays a big role. I mean hell ya go back to Reggie White and the Packers, and they won a SuperBowl for Chrissakes...and then you have a guy like Peppers, he wasnt quite Reggie White, but then again, who is? The guys nickname was the minister of defense, ya dont get a name like that if you're a run of the mill guy...and Peppers did some nice things in the first couple years with the beloved, but I think they were expecting more and may have been too late. Its a lot like David Beckham signing with the MLS, too little too late and as my giddy aunt will tell you, David Beckham is not even a top footballer anymore, he's more symbolic than anything and the Americas are still not excited about the world's greatest sport. With that said, do you see Fuller being an impact player this year?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
rogers park bryan wrote:
Listen, Phil, its great to have you here and we thank you for the time. Right off the bat, I wanna ask you about the draft, I mean who wouldnt? Ya just had the damn thing and as we know in today's NFL the draft is pretty much the key to success...and yes, we know there are exceptions, sometimes Free agency plays a big role. I mean hell ya go back to Reggie White and the Packers, and they won a SuperBowl for Chrissakes...and then you have a guy like Peppers, he wasnt quite Reggie White, but then again, who is? The guys nickname was the minister of defense, ya dont get a name like that if you're a run of the mill guy...and Peppers did some nice things in the first couple years with the beloved, but I think they were expecting more and may have been too late. Its a lot like David Beckham signing with the MLS, too little too late and as my giddy aunt will tell you, David Beckham is not even a top footballer anymore, he's more symbolic than anything and the Americas are still not excited about the world's greatest sport. With that said, do you see Fuller being an impact player this year?

That's about right.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
didnt even listen. Not sure why he came into the studio.

Only question should be when does the Coaches Show come back on the air!

Tresty would be good at it

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:06 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

i read that whole thing and if you would have removed the giddy aunt part i would have assumed that you simply transcribed the start of the interview verbatim.

phil spent a few minutes talking about an epilepsy research benefit that he was partaking in, so I assume that was the reason he gave the hour long interview... hopefully he doesn't go all Flight of the Choncords during his speech.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
billypootons wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

i read that whole thing and if you would have removed the giddy aunt part i would have assumed that you simply transcribed the start of the interview verbatim.

phil spent a few minutes talking about an epilepsy research benefit that he was partaking in, so I assume that was the reason he gave the hour long interview... hopefully he doesn't go all Flight of the Choncords during his speech.

So he is on tour promoting his fundraiser.

So why is Roenick dong the tour on every show today?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
bigfan wrote:
billypootons wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

So he is on tour promoting his fundraiser.

So why is Roenick dong the tour on every show today?

Because he wants Eddies job.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:26 am 

Gotta love Phil driving himself to The Score studios by himself with no enteroge. I love this guy.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Lovie Smith puts his pants on one leg at a time too, ya know.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
RPB, I kid you not, that sounds a lot like how Mully was asking questions to Phil. I was in my car yelling "Just asking him the Motherbleeping question Mully!!!"

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:01 pm 

one thing i did catch int he emery interview when asked about marshall was he said psecifically that he wanted marshall to be around for years to come (or soemthing close to that effect).... sure enough a few hours later marshall announces his extension

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
First time I've listened to 670 in months. I love listening to Emery. It's great to a least get a glimpse into the logic behind his decisions. Doesn't mean he will always be right or anything, but it's nice to hear he uses lots of info/data when making decisions.

Biggest take away is, Mulligan doesn't know how to ask a question. I was beside myself every time he tried. He's one of the worst interviewers I have ever seen. So bad.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:18 pm 

I used to listen to about 17 mins of Mully and Hanley in the morning. This was over a year ago. So Mully is not improving.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:29 pm 

I'm guessing the reason this show gets all the executives and managers/coaches from the teams in town, is because they ask lots of softball questions. These interviews are usually really brutal.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
Gotta love Phil driving himself to The Score studios by himself with no enteroge. I love this guy.

Why? In the two seasons under his stewardship the Bears have missed the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:05 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Why? In the two seasons under his stewardship the Bears have missed the playoffs.

Stay out of Bears business!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
rogers park bryan wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
schmitty1121 wrote:
I'm guessing the reason this show gets all the executives and managers/coaches from the teams in town, is because they ask lots of softball questions. These interviews are usually really brutal.

And then they asked a somewhat tough question... Which of course was worded horribly and over explained and injected with opinion... About Conte and Shea. Emery didn't answer the question about Shea at all, and instead used the time to praise Shea and complain about the CBA. And then didn't comment on Conte at all... And Mully and Hanley let it go and asked another softball question. Just brutal.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mully was at it again with Jermon Bushrod this morning, rambling non coherant questions.

He was also plugging some sort of charity fashion show that Bushrod is organizing with the Bears, and Mully got the name of the thing AND the date wrong. Bushrod had to correct him twice. So bad. Mitch should suspend Mully for a week for that nonsense.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.