It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Only good guys left
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
when they took over for North, they didnt tell everyone they will make an announcement, they gave North all the credit in the world, said he started the station, they had no issue with him and as far as he knew they could come to an agreement,

Mully gave similar info about Mac. Said everything he knew, gave Mac credit, said he might come abck, which is really all he knew.

did bernstein even address Mac leaving or did he just tell us about how smart the station is now?

Post subject: Re: Only good guys left
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Beat a dead horse. Mitch clearly is like Donny out of his element. Save everything you make Mitch because your time is over.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:39 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
did bernstein even address Mac leaving or did he just tell us about how smart the station is now?

Dare not speak his name. For all Dan mocks North for "yer dead ta me!", he's been kind of the same way about old D** M*N***. He praised Spiegel for courageously working with different fill-ins (but didn't mention those weeks where people had to fill in for Spiegel) and praised Rod for ending negotiations, but he didn't have a word to say about Mac. Yer dead ta CBS Radio East!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
This is a really really good day for this station after, frankly, some difficult and uncertain times, and a lot of discussions, I think, not only credit to Spiegs, credit to you for the work you did in a very short sort of audition here where there were a lot of very critical people that were obviously pleased. And to the bosses, who were sensitive to a lot of things to a fault, and were very, very host-friendly, in a lot of ways, almost to a fault, and have made something that I think is really going to work. And it's a terrific day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I've become a fan, its the only show on the Score I listen too besides Wake n Bake.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Sadly I agree the only decent show left.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
This is a really really good day for this station after, frankly, some difficult and uncertain times, and a lot of discussions, I think, not only credit to Spiegs, credit to you for the work you did in a very short sort of audition here where there were a lot of very critical people that were obviously pleased. And to the bosses, who were sensitive to a lot of things to a fault, and were very, very host-friendly, in a lot of ways, almost to a fault, and have made something that I think is really going to work. And it's a terrific day.

Who said this and when.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
SomeGuy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

Who said this and when.

Bernstein Wednesday. Pay attention.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Dare not speak his name. For all Dan mocks North for "yer dead ta me!", he's been kind of the same way about old D** M*N***. He praised Spiegel for courageously working with different fill-ins (but didn't mention those weeks where people had to fill in for Spiegel) and praised Rod for ending negotiations, but he didn't have a word to say about Mac. Yer dead ta CBS Radio East!

bernstein dissed Mac without ever mentioning his name. And the way he talked about the trials and tribulations of poor Matt Spiegel, one would have thought Spiegel had been forced into white slavery and tied to a whipping post rather than having simply worked with a few different partners between his many days off.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
bigfan wrote:

bernstein dissed Mac without ever mentioning his name. And the way he talked about the trials and tribulations of poor Matt Spiegel, one would have thought Spiegel had been forced into white slavery and tied to a whipping post rather than having simply worked with a few different partners between his many days off.

:lol: I said a couple weeks ago that with all the bouquets thrown at Spiegel and Holmes, you'd think they were some type of military heroes for just adjusting their schedules a little and working with a few different partners.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
leashyourkids wrote:
:lol: I said a couple weeks ago that with all the bouquets thrown at Spiegel and Holmes, you'd think they were some type of military heroes for just adjusting their schedules a little and working with a few different partners.

Accidentally read that as 'briquettes' ... probably more appropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I will make sure Mr Spiegel is OK when I see him after a very difficult time in his life and I will ask how his many vacations have been.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:50 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
... trials and tribulations of poor Matt Spiegel, one would have thought Spiegel had been forced into white slavery and tied to a whipping post rather than having simply worked with a few different partners between his many days off.

Dan Bern$stein wrote:
That body.............ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Wanny in studio...great stuff!!!

The benefits of PRODUCTION and RELATIONSHIPS are so obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:19 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Wanny in studio...great stuff!!!

The benefits of PRODUCTION and RELATIONSHIPS are so obvious.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:25 am 

That was a great segment with Wanny.

You can bet if Wanny was on with B&B, Bernstein would want to go down memory lane and talk about the days of Bernsie being a beat guy. Wouldn't help that Wanny would have no idea who the hell Bernstein is or was for that matter.

I can already imagine a convo:

Bernstein: Remember that time after the Packers game where I really gave it to you good?

Wanny: Errahhh No, i don't. Who are you again?

M&H is a nice listen, as is Mike and Mike. There is no drama, no preaching or yelling.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Heard a clip from the Wanny interview where he was talking about Van Horne complaining that they had had like 28 straight days of practice in pads, and it was a "death march"...then there was a pause, as if there was a punchline, but then it was clear that Wanny thought "so what's the problem"? :lol: