It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:27 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
It's on from 3 AM to 7 AM here, so I barely even know they exist and have never once listened. If Im on some late night self-loathing Score binge I'm generally drowning in liquor by the time Grobber is finished.

So what's the deal? Is it a real show? Is it any good? I'm genuinely curious from the promos, but not curious enough to alter my sleep schedule.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
America wrote:
I'm generally drowning in liquor by the time Grobber is finished..

Do you know Ike South?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:31 am 
The short answer, no.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:34 am 

Nobody listens to the #6 overall rated morning show in Chicago radio. They got to #6 because nobody listens.

They have maintained higher ratings the last 5 years than the great Mike North ever had in 5 years.

but Nobody listens.

Mitch drives around all morning changing peoples radio dials.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:54 am 
Biggie I know you are president of the Mully and Hanley ALS, but they are bad. Horribly bad. They get to #6 because ESPN has a national show and everything else sucks. They could put LoHo and Drinky (just picking the 2 most hated guys if you took a Gallup poll of this board) and still get that rating.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
bigfan wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Baby McNown wrote:
Biggie I know you are president of the Mully and Hanley ALS, but they are bad. Horribly bad. They get to #6 because ESPN has a national show and everything else sucks. They could put LoHo and Drinky (just picking the 2 most hated guys if you took a Gallup poll of this board) and still get that rating.

Not true. North wasn't able to beat elevator music in the morning.

Mully and Handley are just alright with me, not earth shattering, but alright for a morning show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Mr. Reason wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Mully and Handley are just alright with me, not earth shattering, but alright for a morning show.

How many of us would like B and B to be "just alright"? That would be an improvement over the shitshow coming out of the speakers now.

Biggie is the president and I'll claim VP status.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

How many of us would like B and B to be "just alright"? That would be an improvement over the shitshow coming out of the speakers now.

I've never understood the hate for them and have been a fan since their 10-noon days. Just give me some sort of emeritus status.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:45 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

I've never understood the hate for them and have been a fan since their 10-noon days. Just give me some sort of emeritus status.

Reason CEO

I don't get it either. Always been a solid listen, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Even if you don't like them personally, they run an actual sports talk radio show with good guests. That's the difference with them and everyone else. They are both former or current writers with knowledge of all sports and personal relationships with athletes and insiders. They are professionals, regardless of if they are individually boring. After a Bears game, they bring some heat.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Even if you don't like them personally, they run an actual sports talk radio show with good guests. That's the difference with them and everyone else. They are both former or current writers with knowledge of all sports and personal relationships with athletes and insiders. They are professionals, regardless of if they are individually boring. After a Bears game, they bring some heat.

Well said. I don't need a morning zoo. Just give me some sports talk until the caffeine kicks in.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:57 pm 

Good breakdown Leash and I'll say they are the best show anywhere during Bears season.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:54 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Peoria Matt wrote:
Good breakdown Leash and I'll say they are the best show anywhere during Bears season.

Almost -- I love Doug and O'B right after the game. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:00 am 

I think you can look at those on this site alone and see who thinks they are Terrible and from that alone know they are OK.

They dont have a signature segment, outside of good guests. No wacky voices, bits, characters,contest, etc.

Some people here really have no clue when talking about Mulligan. The guy is at Halas, he knows people at the Bears, he sees players after games, he goes on the road.

he is the very best source for info on the Bears in this town. ZZ and JD might know more, but they have their noses so far up the Bearass, you cant rely upon them. Hub, Pompei, Koz, etc...all dotn even attend pressers...just games when they can.

They might not entertain you, but you will not get better information anywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:22 am 

America wrote:
It's on from 3 AM to 7 AM here, so I barely even know they exist and have never once listened. If Im on some late night self-loathing Score binge I'm generally drowning in liquor by the time Grobber is finished.

So what's the deal? Is it a real show? Is it any good? I'm genuinely curious from the promos, but not curious enough to alter my sleep schedule.

Mr. America, I felt that your post have become brazen and foolish. which would just put you in the certain clique here, but that would take some time for them to accept you, but after that great thought of Orton moving the line down to Bears -2, I felt I needed to locate your IP, which places you in the Chicagoland area.

Kind of doesnt fit with the alleged oregon location you like to claim.

I will wait for your response.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:27 am 

I apologize to America, it was Dignified Rube who is the Orton fan, but it doesnt change the location issue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:21 pm 

These guys, in my opinion, don't enrage anyone - but they also don't have wandering gaggles of fanboys. They're just there. They're local, but outside of that I don't see how what they do is anything much worse/better than Mike & Mike (full disclosure: I don't know if I've ever listened to more than a couple of minutes, consecutively, of M&M).

Mulligan screams. Everytime I listen, he is yelling 2 minute long questions to guests, then "on the way out" will ask another 3 minute long question before he expresses, in tonnage, how much they appreciate the guest taking time. I really don't know how great of a Bears resource the guy is, as it seems that almost every time I listen it's "Biggs Time" and I'm hearing him wheeze and gasp for breath after sitting through a Mully question.

As far as Hanley, absolutely one of the funniest board memes I've EVER seen here was the Hanley scale of comedy/jokes. He's brutal. He utters jokes/puns, and continually accepts a condescending laugh from Mully as motivation to keep doing them. He seems whiney to me, at times, at that combined with Mulligan's VERY transparent thin skin = bad. He seems douchey, to me, but again I know BigFan will be along shortly to let us know how great he was at a remote and how he probably bought him a beer (so, you know, that means he is a good guy).

The most I'd ever give this show is that I'm not scared to turn it on - and not worried that it will ever change my mood. Every once in awhile you'll get a "woah woah woah, chief" moment, but they're unremarkable. And, considering the stellar ratings that BigFan keeps on dropping on everyone's chin as "proof" they're great .. I guess unremarkable is good.

Last edited by Harry Seaward on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Only show on the Score I will actively seek out at this time, with the exception being a B&B day where Rozner or Rosenbloom are filling in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:12 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
These guys, in my opinion, don't enrage anyone - but they also don't have wandering gaggles of fanboys. They're just there. They're local, but outside of that I don't see how what they do is anything much worse/better than Mike & Mike (full disclosure: I don't know if I've ever listened to more than a couple of minutes, consecutively, of M&M).

Mulligan screams. Everytime I listen, he is yelling 2 minute long questions to guests, then "on the way out" will ask another 3 minute long question before he expresses, in tonnage, how much they appreciate the guest taking time. I really don't know how great of a Bears resource the guy is, as it seems that almost every time I listen it's "Biggs Time" and I'm hearing him wheeze and gasp for breath after sitting through a Mully question.

As far as Hanley, absolutely one of the funniest board memes I've EVER seen here was the Hanley scale of comedy/jokes. He's brutal. He utters jokes/puns, and continually accepts a condescending laugh from Mully as motivation to keep doing them. He seems whiney to me, at times, at that combined with Mulligan's VERY transparent thin skin = bad. He seems douchey, to me, but again I know BigFan will be along shortly to let us know how great he was at a remote and how he probably bought him a beer (so, you know, that means he is a good guy).

The most I'd ever give this show is that I'm not scared to turn it on - and not worried that it will ever change my mood. Every once in awhile you'll get a "woah woah woah, chief" moment, but they're unremarkable. And, considering the stellar ratings that BigFan keeps on dropping on everyone's chin as "proof" they're great .. I guess unremarkable is good.

I don't think I once used "GREAT" for them. It's just a solid show. Is a McD's burger great? Hello no, but you go because you know what you are getting it and when you are getting it. Same with M&H, you know they will be talking chicago sports or a national sports topic and thats it, there wont be tales of lameness. Is that great? no, but they arent making shit up about Antitrust exemptions and trying to play lawyer on the radio.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
bigfan wrote:
America wrote:

Mr. America, I felt that your post have become brazen and foolish. which would just put you in the certain clique here, but that would take some time for them to accept you, but after that great thought of Orton moving the line down to Bears -2, I felt I needed to locate your IP, which places you in the Chicagoland area.

Kind of doesnt fit with the alleged oregon location you like to claim.

I will wait for your response.

I travel frequently. Do it now, I'm in wonderful Salem OR.

Edit- I also registered from my brothers home computer in Chicago, so I don't know if that's going to be permanently logged as my IP. I post almost exclusively from my phone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
bigfan wrote:
They dont have a signature segment, outside of good guests. No wacky voices, bits, characters,contest, etc.

I'd rather have wacky voices, bits, characters, contests, etc. over the annoying fake laughs that litter this show. What the hell is wrong with Mulligan?

I remember Stern playing clips of Eric and Kathy and ripping on them for their lameness and fake sincerity. He'd have a field day with this show and Mulligan's stupid laugh.

bigfan wrote:
They might not entertain you, but...

Well, that have that one nailed.

This should be their tagline for any promo items they have. Talk about damning with feint praise.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:47 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
bigfan wrote:

Now that is funny!

Used to tune in, but now I find Mullet unlistenable given that he is nothing more than an apologist for the Bears. Hanson is not worth the effort to write any comments whatsoever. When we capture Al Qaeda soldiers, one form of torture we use on them is playing tapes of Hanson talk about the cubs, said to be more effective than water boarding.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
bigfan wrote:
I think you can look at those on this site alone and see who thinks they are Terrible and from that alone know they are OK.
And then we see that you love this show which means it really does suck.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
I turn on espn 1000 in the early am. Cant stand LES thinking he knows it all when hes dumb as hell and Mully and Hanley are super annoying. Mully can never let Hanley talk and half the time hes just yelling..."ITS MULLLLLLLAYYYYYY ITS HANLAYYYYY. WORST SHOW ON THE RADIO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It's just an ok show. It has its well documented flaws like two minute questions from Mully or Hanley and his odd sense of humor. I listen from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:59 am 

Baby McNown wrote:

Quickly jumped into the "ALS" usage....very impressive for a guy who never posted here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I'll stick up for these guys.

Hit the spot for a morning show. Move along topic to topic, let callers talk, decent guests, good football info, make predictions :shock: , and only show on the SCORE that'll have gambling talk.

Gambling is kind of popular! Might want to talk about it!