It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
City of Fools wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Today they had some guy on from Atlanta to give a Falcons' POV of things. Mully asked him a question about special teams. "How important is special teams, and why have the Bears fallen so far off the map in that phase" was the basic question. I counted-- it took Mully 73 seconds to ask this.

How in the world can he still have a job on air interviewing guests? His performance is fucking pitiful every single guest he has.

He interviews guests as though he was talking to another co-host.

Not that it matters, I'm listening to Johnny B these days myself...but why are you listening to the Score, Frank?

I was dying this morning hearing Buzz's news stories. The bird one :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
This is the Brandy Alexander they were discussing.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
hot damn I can get the Brandmeier podcast at work!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I was looking for this thread yesterday.....he did a classic Mully long winded question to Jermon Bushrod about Michael Ola.....I'll try to find it word for word.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
spmack wrote:
I was looking for this thread yesterday.....he did a classic Mully long winded question to Jermon Bushrod about Michael Ola.....I'll try to find it word for word.

OMG. I heard that in the car while going for donuts (try finding an independent bakery open on Mondays!). What a train wreck that was. I got embarrassed for him and turned the station.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:38 pm 

I don't have the patience to do it, but listen to the podcast below. Mully's "question" starts at the 8:20 mark.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/?podcast_ur ... id=CBS.CHI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:02 pm 

spmack wrote:
I don't have the patience to do it, but listen to the podcast below. Mully's "question" starts at the 8:20 mark.

Glorious!
Quote:
And, and, one of the things teams look at when they bringing in a guy -I know one of the things the Bears looked at with you, was, uh, the development of the player. And, ih, with Aaron Crowman, Cromer here, they knew how you had developed, and, and how that development would continue and that, that, made them feel very confident about making the investment in you. Um, ye-were, we see Michael Ola now -he's played inside, now he's playing left tackle for you, bah holding your spot, but he's started all six games, ah per-no wait, I guess he didn't start the first one. But he started a lot of games, and he-um, he's actually done surprisingly well, what -d-does his development -I mean, he's h-that guy's been all over the world, for god's sake, he played in Canada- and you never had to do anything like that -but do you, do you, like the curve of his development from what you've seen as a teammate?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:18 pm 

He should try and do a whole show of one question. Tie it to a charity and write it off

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
One of the most annoying things these radio guys do is the "as we let you go, but on the way out", and then proceed to ask a question. He pulled that twice with the same guest the other day. I know lots of radio guys do this, but they act like the person is standing next to them instead of on the phone. I wish a guest would just say "ok good bye" as soon as the interviewer says "as we let you go".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
MattInTheCrown wrote:
spmack wrote:

Glorious!
Quote:
And, and, one of the things teams look at when they bringing in a guy -I know one of the things the Bears looked at with you, was, uh, the development of the player. And, ih, with Aaron Crowman, Cromer here, they knew how you had developed, and, and how that development would continue and that, that, made them feel very confident about making the investment in you. Um, ye-were, we see Michael Ola now -he's played inside, now he's playing left tackle for you, bah holding your spot, but he's started all six games, ah per-no wait, I guess he didn't start the first one. But he started a lot of games, and he-um, he's actually done surprisingly well, what -d-does his development -I mean, he's h-that guy's been all over the world, for god's sake, he played in Canada- and you never had to do anything like that -but do you, do you, like the curve of his development from what you've seen as a teammate?

That can't be real. That's straight from an RPB parody of Mully.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i think the one time recently he didnt use the "on the way out" phrase i was stunned and almost drove off the road.... funny to hear it got used twice on the same guest.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:34 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
There was a pretty good one today around 8:10am to Tony Wise. Started out, "Tony....".

After a minute, I told my wife to listen how long this guy asks a question. Went on for quite a while after that.

She asked, "This is a question?"

I said, "Yeah, he's interviewing someone." :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:20 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Here's my contribute -

Quote:
Tony, um, obviously when ya look at a team like the Bears, you hear Marc Trestman come out and he talks about balancing the offense. The plan was to run the football more against, they're the 24th run defense in the league. The Bears come out of the bye against a Packers team that is dead last against the run in the NFL so presumably they are going to try to figure out a way to gain balance and to run the football more ...as ...uh ..covering ...ja ..coaching an offensive line, what does it mean to guys to run the football versus pass defend. I mean, obviously, you have to be able to do moth (not a typo). I know it's become a passing league but, boy, if ever there's a story for ya. I...we heard Trestman say yesterday complimentary football, Dallas is suddenly started running the football. I know they lost last night but they won six straight games by feeding the running back and taking the pressure off the passing game. It just seems so obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Here's my contribute -

Quote:
Tony, um, obviously when ya look at a team like the Bears, you hear Marc Trestman come out and he talks about balancing the offense. The plan was to run the football more against, they're the 24th run defense in the league. The Bears come out of the bye against a Packers team that is dead last against the run in the NFL so presumably they are going to try to figure out a way to gain balance and to run the football more ...as ...uh ..covering ...ja ..coaching an offensive line, what does it mean to guys to run the football versus pass defend. I mean, obviously, you have to be able to do moth (not a typo). I know it's become a passing league but, boy, if ever there's a story for ya. I...we heard Trestman say yesterday complimentary football, Dallas is suddenly started running the football. I know they lost last night but they won six straight games by feeding the running back and taking the pressure off the passing game. It just seems so obvious.

:shock:

:lol:

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:37 am 

:lol: Dr Ken!

He had one earlier with the college guy, Aaron Taylor I believe is his name. I'll try to transcribe it later, unless one of you all would like to do the honors.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:34 pm 

This thread is so much better than the show.

Im gonna do one when I get a chance. Its my honor to serve with you gentleman!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:34 pm 

Posters doing yeoman's work in here. Thread of the year potential.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Wanny sat in today with Mully... they had Theo on the air around 8:15ish... They let Wanny ask theo a question and it was an epic rambling statement that put Mully to shame... throwing it out there if any of you sick peeps want to listen and transcribe... it was pretty good from Wanny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
billypootons wrote:
Wanny sat in today with Mully... they had Theo on the air around 8:15ish... They let Wanny ask theo a question and it was an epic rambling statement that put Mully to shame... throwing it out there if any of you sick peeps want to listen and transcribe... it was pretty good from Wanny

It wasn't even a question, it was a story. So bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
rogers park bryan wrote:
This thread is so much better than the show.

Im gonna do one when I get a chance. Its my honor to serve with you gentleman!

You're obsessed!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: LouMal
flipping around the stations and stopped for a moment because I heard Wanny's voice

Wanny asked Len Kasper if the Cubs could make the playoffs next year

On hour 2 of the podcast Wanny starts asking the question at 22:27 and finally finishes asking the question at 23:45

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Buster wrote:
flipping around the stations and stopped for a moment because I heard Wanny's voice

Wanny asked Len Kasper if the Cubs could make the playoffs next year

On hour 2 of the podcast Wanny starts asking the question at 22:27 and finally finishes asking the question at 23:45

yeah, Wanny was a surprising treat to hear when it comes to his weekly segments on the Bears, but no-go on a whole show of it. Sort of similar to how I feel about Mully.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
He asked a guest a question yesterday around 7:05 that would be a good candidate for this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Arrenello's in Glenwood, IL
I must be the only one who likes M&H. Tuned to a reasonable level they are surprisingly calming on the drive to work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:43 pm 

Sir Loin Of Beef wrote:
Tuned to a reasonable level they are surprisingly calming on the drive to work.

Yeah, because they're like a hypnotist that never stops talking.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Mully rubbing off on Wanny with his “question” to Theo:

Quote:
Ay ay, Theo, y’know, being, uh, on the weekends I go out and do college football and NFL stuff for Fox, so, as, as the World Series was coming close and the playoffs I was sitting around with Frank Thomas and all the guys out there. Y’know a compliment to you; there is a real buzz amongst the people out there about, bu-, this was even before the Joe Maddon thing happened. Y’know just about the, eh, what you’ve done with, with the club and building it up and the young players coming up in the minor leagues, aaahhhh, very aaahh very impressive. I’m, I’m excited. I was telling Mike, I was telling Mike, y’know, I was in Tampa last year and and it was kind of a; obviously the fans would be excited about winning the next game with, with Tampa Bay, but there also an added thing of excitement in the city of what was Joe going to come up with next. Y’know, what was going to be his next and aaan it was kinda. So I loved watching the press conference yesterday. I thought it...I thought it was a lot of fun from a non-baseball expert in myself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:43 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Wanny wrote:
I thought it was a lot of fun from a non-baseball expert in myself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kirkwood wrote:
Mully rubbing off on Wanny with his “question” to Theo:

Quote:
Ay ay, Theo, y’know, being, uh, on the weekends I go out and do college football and NFL stuff for Fox, so, as, as the World Series was coming close and the playoffs I was sitting around with Frank Thomas and all the guys out there. Y’know a compliment to you; there is a real buzz amongst the people out there about, bu-, this was even before the Joe Maddon thing happened. Y’know just about the, eh, what you’ve done with, with the club and building it up and the young players coming up in the minor leagues, aaahhhh, very aaahh very impressive. I’m, I’m excited. I was telling Mike, I was telling Mike, y’know, I was in Tampa last year and and it was kind of a; obviously the fans would be excited about winning the next game with, with Tampa Bay, but there also an added thing of excitement in the city of what was Joe going to come up with next. Y’know, what was going to be his next and aaan it was kinda. So I loved watching the press conference yesterday. I thought it...I thought it was a lot of fun from a non-baseball expert in myself.

:lol: :lol:

What did Theo say?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Twice Theo tried to thank him and talk about Wanny's "question" but Wanny was on a fucking roll riffing. So he let sat back and strapped it down until it was over.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:39 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
He asked a guest a question yesterday around 7:05 that would be a good candidate for this thread.

Not sure this is it but this is his first question to Bushrod

Quote:
I wanna talk to ya about the bye week, um, ya know, uh it was interesting to hear mark trestman um say um that uh they did uh they did find things they did go through some things the did find um different elemetnts were working against you guys, and theres a feeling that everybody is committed moving forward and uh the uh the team can uh turnaround and the relaxation and uh the mental strain has dissipated a little bit and um the te#m is prepared to uh move forward?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next