It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:04 pm 

So by now, you're probably aware of my immense hatred of Mully, a large part of that being due to his inability to speak without adding "uhs" to the end of every third word. Well, I turned on the radio this morning, and M&H was on, and they were about to interview Bushrod. Normally, I'll change the station as soon as I realize M&H are on my radio, but I was curious to see what sort of insight a Bushrod might provide, so I figured I'd give it a chance. I was glad, because right out of the gate, Mully provided a perfect example of his trademark style, which, being at the beginning of an interview, would be easy for me to find and transcribe. What follows is his first "question":

Quote:
Hey -um, so listen: I don't know that we want to see you guys do that every week, but that was an awesome comeback, I think, uh, everybody was-uh, was kind of-uh, by, by halftime we were lulled into that NFL-uh officiating doldrums, but-uh, man was that a spectacular-uh response in the second half and, down 17 and coming back like that, it's gotta feel really good.

No shit. I'm not making that up. That's exactly how he spoke it.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I don't see the problem.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:09 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
So by now, you're probably aware of my immense hatred of Mully, a large part of that being due to his inability to speak without adding "uhs" to the end of every third word. Well, I turned on the radio this morning, and M&H was on, and they were about to interview Bushrod. Normally, I'll change the station as soon as I realize M&H are on my radio, but I was curious to see what sort of insight a Bushrod might provide, so I figured I'd give it a chance. I was glad, because right out of the gate, Mully provided a perfect example of his trademark style, which, being at the beginning of an interview, would be easy for me to find and transcribe. What follows is his first "question":

Quote:
Hey -um, so listen: I don't know that we want to see you guys do that every week, but that was an awesome comeback, I think, uh, everybody was-uh, was kind of-uh, by, by halftime we were lulled into that NFL-uh officiating doldrums, but-uh, man was that a spectacular-uh response in the second half and, down 17 and coming back like that, it's gotta feel really good.

No shit. I'm not making that up. That's exactly how he spoke it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:13 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I don't see the problem.

Well, aside from the fact that it wasn't a question, or even really a coherent statement, there's the fact that he couldn't string together half a sentence without adding an "uh" to a word:

Quote:

6 "uhs" and an "um" in that one statement, including the amazing run of "I think, uh, everybody was-uh, was kind of-uh, by" where you get 8 words and 3 "uhs."

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:14 pm 

I'm kidding.

It could have been summed up much more gracefully if he had just said:

"How'd it feel to get that win Sunday night?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:15 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I don't see the problem.

Well, aside from the fact that it wasn't a question, or even really a coherent statement, there's the fact that he couldn't string together half a sentence without adding an "uh" to a word:

Quote:

6 "uhs" and an "um" in that one statement, including the amazing run of "I think, uh, everybody was-uh, was kind of-uh, by" where you get 8 words and 3 "uhs."

WHAT THE FUK DO YOU WANT US TO DO ABOUT IT?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:16 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I'm kidding.

Right. He's like Boers in that way. Get to your fucking point. It's even worse because he can't speak as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
MattInTheCrown wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I'm kidding.

Right. He's like Boers in that way. Get to your fucking point. It's even worse because he can't speak as well.

I've told this story before (feeling like JORR). I texted in one morning to tell him he sucks at interviewing, and that his "questions" are two minutes of rambling, without no questions ever actually asked. He responded by saying he hadn't had much sleep that week and to get off his back. Maybe he has insomnia?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Quote:

Mully + Triple H = MATCH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:25 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I'm kidding.

I've told this story before (feeling like JORR). I texted in one morning to tell him he sucks at interviewing, and that his "questions" are two minutes of rambling, without no questions ever actually asked. He responded by saying he hadn't had much sleep that week and to get off his back. Maybe he has insomnia?

Hahaha. That's great.

Chicago's number one sports talk show, provided we get plenty of rest!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I heard the interview .. that was actually a brief question compared to the one he asked Dave Wannstandt a half hour later, I shit you not.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Normally, I'll change the station as soon as I realize M&H are on my radio, .

PsssT, they are one EVERY Morning. There are no Sox games, coaches shows, Bears shows, Score specials. With the exception of a sick or vacation day, the show is always on, you should never be surprised or shocked. Your realization should be anticipation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:02 pm 

bigfan wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

PsssT, they are one EVERY Morning. There are no Sox games, coaches shows, Bears shows, Score specials. With the exception of a sick or vacation day, the show is always on, you should never be surprised or shocked. Your realization should be anticipation.

They're on my radio depending on what I was listening to last time I drove my car.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Don Tiny wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Quote:

Mully + Triple H = MATCH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:09 am 

312player wrote:
I heard the interview .. that was actually a brief question compared to the one he asked Dave Wannstandt a half hour later, I shit you not.

I couldn't resist. God bless these podcasts:

Mully wrote:
And, uh, Dave, you know, eh-ah, it was occurring to me as I'm, as I'm watching the goings-on in the NLF and-uh, and really not a lot of happy news from a league-wide standpoint, but-uh, but I'm sitting there and I'm watching Ron Rivera get up and talk about-uh the Greg Hardy thing, and I'm thinking, "boy, I remember when-uh, he first started coaching, it was under Dave here in Chicago he started doing like volunteer coaching before he was on your staff, and then moved to Philly and-eh obviously a head coach in the league," and then, Rick Spielman's up there yesterday talking about the Adrian Peterson thing, and I'm thinking "Wow!" you know, remember Rick one of your guys, and-and you had him in Miami as well, and now, he's up in Minnesota, and I'm thinking to myself "one of the things we gotta ask Dave is: 'what's it like being the guy that is the face of the organization that is the frontman that is the guy that is, is left to stand out there,'" and I felt, that, I-I felt, you know, Chico did a good job of saying "it was my decision and I'm doing what's right for the team, about deactivating Greg Hardy," and apparently that's going to be a week-by-week situation, and-uh, Rick Spielman -boy- that was a very, uh, tough news conference to go through [Hanley interjects "contentious"] contentious, the questions were almost like accusations, and Rick is, is at there at the behest of his ownership, answering questions patiently, and, we know that Rick's a real good man, both guys, uh, great guys, I'm just curious, Dave, you've been in that situation where you're the guy that has to take all the heat regarding some situation, what's that like for a person? Doh-do you want the other, do you want, you know, when you see a John Harbow being, uh, sent out there, where's everybody else behind them? They were there earlier, why aren't they there now?

The great Mike Mulligan, ladies and gentlemen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
bigfan wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

They're on my radio depending on what I was listening to last time I drove my car.

They are on my radio on the way to work. Untill The Game or ESPN goes local sports in the morning, I have little choice.

Um, ah, ha haha, um. Someone should put together a mix from their podcast.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
MattInTheCrown wrote:
312player wrote:

I couldn't resist. God bless these podcasts:

Mully wrote:
And, uh, Dave, you know, eh-ah, it was occurring to me as I'm, as I'm watching the goings-on in the NLF and-uh, and really not a lot of happy news from a league-wide standpoint, but-uh, but I'm sitting there and I'm watching Ron Rivera get up and talk about-uh the Greg Hardy thing, and I'm thinking, "boy, I remember when-uh, he first started coaching, it was under Dave here in Chicago he started doing like volunteer coaching before he was on your staff, and then moved to Philly and-eh obviously a head coach in the league," and then, Rick Spielman's up there yesterday talking about the Adrian Peterson thing, and I'm thinking "Wow!" you know, remember Rick one of your guys, and-and you had him in Miami as well, and now, he's up in Minnesota, and I'm thinking to myself "one of the things we gotta ask Dave is: 'what's it like being the guy that is the face of the organization that is the frontman that is the guy that is, is left to stand out there,'" and I felt, that, I-I felt, you know, Chico did a good job of saying "it was my decision and I'm doing what's right for the team, about deactivating Greg Hardy," and apparently that's going to be a week-by-week situation, and-uh, Rick Spielman -boy- that was a very, uh, tough news conference to go through [Hanley interjects "contentious"] contentious, the questions were almost like accusations, and Rick is, is at there at the behest of his ownership, answering questions patiently, and, we know that Rick's a real good man, both guys, uh, great guys, I'm just curious, Dave, you've been in that situation where you're the guy that has to take all the heat regarding some situation, what's that like for a person? Doh-do you want the other, do you want, you know, when you see a John Harbow being, uh, sent out there, where's everybody else behind them? They were there earlier, why aren't they there now?

The great Mike Mulligan, ladies and gentlemen.

holy crap.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:57 am 

I got angry just reading that. Can't imagine actually hearing it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:59 am 

redskingreg wrote:

At some point, the guest is going to fall asleep

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:15 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

At some point, the guest is going to fall asleep

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:23 am 

redskingreg wrote:

Truth, so did I.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
MattInTheCrown wrote:
bigfan wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

Said you turned on your radio. You turn off your radio before leaving your car?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
My wife always turns off her car radio before tasking the keys out, weirdo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
KDdidit wrote:
My wife always turns off her car radio before tasking the keys out, weirdo.

Great now I hate your wife

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:17 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Bob from LaGrange calls (great caller) and Mully tells him to get to the point. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:31 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Mully's style matches his audience's level of engagement: terminal insomniacs and folks on their way to work way too early in the morning aren't exactly firing on all cylinders.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:23 am 

Caught this gem of a "question" with Rich Gannon yesterday:
Quote:
Ah, but, but the fact of the matter is, when, when, eh-ye- I alwa-I’ve always heard this, I, I think people don’t understand it. When you talk about toughness in connection to quarterbacks, it’s not whether a guy can take a hit, it’s whether he can come back the next play and make a play. Toughness is usually the play after, and usually in the College game in particular, if you watch a lot of Saturday football, to our listeners, you see a quarterback get hit and then the next play that’s when everything’s up for grabs, and you don’t know what’s gonna happen. And the NFL it’s-it’s a lot better, but that’s a hard thing to do, and you’ll all-you’ll always hear “well, you know, they had a hand up there to give the quarterback a second to get himself together,” I mean, i-it’s amazing to me, the, the amount of abuse the position takes, and everyone’s coming atcha, and when you see a game like the Bear game where, technically Rodgers was sacked, but he ran out of bounds under pressure, it was never really –he was never really hit in the game! And when a guy like him, with his ability, has that kinda time –it’s all over!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:45 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Today they had some guy on from Atlanta to give a Falcons' POV of things. Mully asked him a question about special teams. "How important is special teams, and why have the Bears fallen so far off the map in that phase" was the basic question. I counted-- it took Mully 73 seconds to ask this.

How in the world can he still have a job on air interviewing guests? His performance is fucking pitiful every single guest he has.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:28 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Today they had some guy on from Atlanta to give a Falcons' POV of things. Mully asked him a question about special teams. "How important is special teams, and why have the Bears fallen so far off the map in that phase" was the basic question. I counted-- it took Mully 73 seconds to ask this.

How in the world can he still have a job on air interviewing guests? His performance is fucking pitiful every single guest he has.

Thanks for the tip. I'm assuming the podcast will be up soon if it's not already.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He interviews guests as though he was talking to another co-host.

Not that it matters, I'm listening to Johnny B these days myself...but why are you listening to the Score, Frank?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next