It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mully is so bad at asking questions that your # is not a typo. He actually said "is the team hashtag prepared to move forward"

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
redskingreg wrote:

:lol: What's he 0-8 at? Predicting the Bears game outcome?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:42 pm 

Not sure. Found it on here:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/10/ ... bm-week-10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

yup

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:49 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Reared on the Score wrote:

yup

Well, I guess, put him down for a 1-game winning streak.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
isn't there some angle they can photograph him at where he doesn't look like a 60 year old lesbian ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Bagels wrote:
isn't there some angle they can photograph him at where he doesn't look like a 60 year old lesbian ?

maybe a dick pic? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:13 am 

Heard this gem when I got in my car yesterday morning. This is his first "question" to Greg Gabriel.
Quote:
Well, it is-uh, it's difficult tuh-tuh see this-uh occur, and I think, um, you do a great job of breaking down the, the mess that-uh, that is going on, um, starting with the players and-and believing that there is talent, an-dum, I-I don't doubt that, there is a lot of talent on this roster, th-the problem I suppose -a-and the accusation, let's put it that way, is that the Bears have somehow put together ay-um- was it the Philadelphia Eagles that-ah put together the dream team and then proceded to just fall flat on their face? They brought in a bunch of guys and had a bunch of players that have-uh, pro-bowl resumes but for whatever reason aren't pro-bowlers in Chicago or haven't played like it-uh, uh, thus far, an-dum, the chemistry of the team comes into question and, and as you go through it, uh, Greg great job of-uh, of talking about everybody and-and talking about coaching, and how the players have responded an-uh Marc Trestman and Phil Emory putting th-the team together, an-and you don't stop there, you talk abou-tum, about Ted Phillips as well and... I-I've heard Ted compared to Joe Banner, who was a guy th-that-uh was a, was a guy that kinda managed the cap, and then became a more powerful, uh, figure in the league an-duh, first in Philidelphia then in Cleveland, uh, ended up trying to make football decisions that maybe he wasn't qualified to make.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Last edited by MattInTheCrown on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:18 am 

It's to the point I can't even read the transcripts. It's too much. This shit needs to stop, Mully.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
He looks like the one Pritzker that is now a tranny.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:46 pm 

I love these. Keep them coming. I read them out loud to myself and laugh my ass off.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
redskingreg wrote:

The other day I noticed that Mully was identified as a "Special Contributor" to the Trib. Is he still a full-time columnist?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:29 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

The other day I noticed that Mully was identified as a "Special Contributor" to the Trib. Is he still a full-time columnist?

Yes. The 'special' designation is just.. well, have you heard him talk?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:30 am 

Mully doing 2 hours on Thanksgiving. Got to give him credit. That's old school Score hosting right there.

Unfortunately, he was only able to get halfway through his question in that shift.

Still...kudos.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Mully doing 2 hours on Thanksgiving. Got to give him credit. That's old school Score hosting right there.

Unfortunately, he was only able to get halfway through his question in that shift.

Still...kudos.

:lol: :lol:

Why the heck was he working on Thanksgiving? Is he about to be demoted?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
at Monday's the trestman presser that aired on WSCR, mully was there and he tried to ask a question. Surprisingly he was able to keep it under 5 sentences long too.... the only problem was when he was done talking he hadnt actually asked a question yet.... Trestman had to correctly ask "is there a question?" to mulligan. i laughed and thought of this thread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:08 pm 

From this morning. Enjoy his 62-second "question" to Brad Biggs.

Bigsy, we know it's a copycat league. And, uh, we look at, uh, what's going on with these two teams in the Super Bowl. And I know you've broken down this game and looked at it from a lot of directions. You see a power running back from each team. You see, uh, you know, a quarterback that is effective on each, each team. You don't really see the wide receivers from either team. You don't see anybody that's a big draft pick. Obviously you've got Gronk, who is a great weapon in the passing game. But, uh, you know, again, you see great defenses. You see great secondaries. You see great corners on both these teams. Certainly Darrelle Revis is a great corner. Uh, you know, Brandon Browner is the most penalized player in the league. Obviously you look at Seattle, and they got a lotta pre-snap penalties with Michael Bennett. He's gonna, he's gonna try and anticipate snap count and jump offsides once or twice in a game. What, what, what is the, uh, formula that the Bears can adapt, or what can they look at and say "we gotta have that in order to be in the Super Bowl"?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
redskingreg wrote:
From this morning. Enjoy his 62-second "question" to Brad Biggs.

Bigsy, we know it's a copycat league. And, uh, we look at, uh, what's going on with these two teams in the Super Bowl. And I know you've broken down this game and looked at it from a lot of directions. You see a power running back from each team. You see, uh, you know, a quarterback that is effective on each, each team. You don't really see the wide receivers from either team. You don't see anybody that's a big draft pick. Obviously you've got Gronk, who is a great weapon in the passing game. But, uh, you know, again, you see great defenses. You see great secondaries. You see great corners on both these teams. Certainly Darrelle Revis is a great corner. Uh, you know, Brandon Browner is the most penalized player in the league. Obviously you look at Seattle, and they got a lotta pre-snap penalties with Michael Bennett. He's gonna, he's gonna try and anticipate snap count and jump offsides once or twice in a game. What, what, what is the, uh, formula that the Bears can adapt, or what can they look at and say "we gotta have that in order to be in the Super Bowl"?

Horrible.

He answered his own question about 4 times before handing it over to Biggs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
redskingreg wrote:
I've told this story before (feeling like JORR). I texted in one morning to tell him he sucks at interviewing, and that his "questions" are two minutes of rambling, without no questions ever actually asked. He responded by saying he hadn't had much sleep that week and to get off his back. Maybe he has insomnia?

other than a few messages back from les over the years, once i texted in to laurence to tell him how much i hate his "[CALLER] IS ON THE SCORE AND WANTS TO TALK ABOUT [TOPIC]" gimmick because it's just amateur hour shit that treats your callers like slobbering idiots. he texted back to say that he picked that up from steve dahl and UH, I THINK STEVE DAHL KNOWS A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT RADIO THAN YOU.

i lol'd. and i've also told that story before, so forgive me. speaking of during the early-winter i texted in to spiegs/mannelly to be like "wtf how could mannelly say that mccown and the line played good for pretty much all of the tampa bay game?" i was at that game and i remember watching it thinking "holy shit this is really bad" until they pulled another comeback like they did against the vikings the week before and won by the same exact score. anyways, i got a text back about some % of something and yeah "that's really good to me. - PM"

if radio has taught me anything in the last week it's that you pay deference to 16 YEAR MEMBERS OF THE CHICAGO BEARS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:52 am 

not a rambling question... but it sounded dumb so i feel it fits this thread... around 8:30am this morning

Mully wrote:
DePaul may be a sleeping giant, but they are sleeping and not a giant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
billypootons wrote:
not a rambling question... but it sounded dumb so i feel it fits this thread... around 8:30am this morning

Mully wrote:
DePaul may be a sleeping giant, but they are sleeping and not a giant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:32 am 

the top of the 8am hour was a classic mully rambling interview open "question"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:00 am 

Eh, you know it's fascinating, is looking at the performances from the Mets, in the first, uh, two games. Obviously, you see, uh, Matt Harvey come out and he kinda uses his secondary pitches to great effect to, to set up his fastball and to get ahead in the count, and I think that kind of confounded the Cubs a little bit. And with Syndergaard, he comes out, and he's, he's still throwing the fastball. He's just throwing it low. It seems as if the scouting report that the Mets have on the Cubs might be a little better than, uh, might be a little better than we've given them credit for. And, uh, the Cubs feel that coming home, change of the weather, getting to Wrigley Field, wind blowing out, it's just gonna change. I would imagine that, uh, with, uh, de Grom on the mound tonight, he's going to have his own game plan too.

Guy being interviewed: Sure. You made some good points in there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:06 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
I've told this story before (feeling like JORR). I texted in one morning to tell him he sucks at interviewing, and that his "questions" are two minutes of rambling, without no questions ever actually asked. He responded by saying he hadn't had much sleep that week and to get off his back. Maybe he has insomnia?

other than a few messages back from les over the years, once i texted in to laurence to tell him how much i hate his "[CALLER] IS ON THE SCORE AND WANTS TO TALK ABOUT [TOPIC]" gimmick because it's just amateur hour shit that treats your callers like slobbering idiots. he texted back to say that he picked that up from steve dahl and UH, I THINK STEVE DAHL KNOWS A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT RADIO THAN YOU.

i lol'd. and i've also told that story before, so forgive me. speaking of during the early-winter i texted in to spiegs/mannelly to be like "wtf how could mannelly say that mccown and the line played good for pretty much all of the tampa bay game?" i was at that game and i remember watching it thinking "holy shit this is really bad" until they pulled another comeback like they did against the vikings the week before and won by the same exact score. anyways, i got a text back about some % of something and yeah "that's really good to me. - PM"

if radio has taught me anything in the last week it's that you pay deference to 16 YEAR MEMBERS OF THE CHICAGO BEARS.

I texted in to Laurence once after he was discussing an upcoming coworker's wedding. I said "nice humble brag about the plus one." He said something on the air to the effect "Oh, the 217 is butt hurt that I have a date to the wedding." Yes, that was my issue with it. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Longest question I've ever heard at 745 today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Those Les Grobstein clips they play are hysterical. I think they are the favorite part of the show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
denisdman wrote:
Those Les Grobstein clips they play are hysterical. I think they are the favorite part of the show.

The best part of the show is when they play clips of another show.

Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
SomeGuy wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The best part of the show is when they play clips of another show.

Wow.

Yeah pretty sad, but unfortunately true. Les definitely gets the strangest callers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
They were interviewing Shaun O'Hara or whatever his name is this morning. He came on and said "top of the mornin' guys." Mully laughed and then went on a 2-minute-long nonsensical soliloquy about other Irish phrases. Then Hanley chimed in with another Irish phrase. Then, without breathing in between, Mully went into a rambling 5-minute question about the Bears offensive line and Kyle Long being the only guy healthy, and him being moved to tackle on the eve of the first game and how the Bears have overcome all that, and but, but, but they're not the only O Line with health issues, and then ended with something like "...but it seems as though the Bears have managed it well." It wasn't even a question. There was a slight pause, and O'Hara tried to make some shit up about the Bears line since it was clear he wasn't even sure what he was supposed to be answering and was completely confused and, likely, suicidal.

I'm surprised they don't have more guests just hang up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next