It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
We all know the McCaskeys and Ted are making the final choice...

The problem is that they are not aware that this is a rebuilding project, they truely think this past season was a bump in the road and next season they expect a winning team because of all the money they spent.

Mully is not basing this 100% on speculation, it is based on people he has spoken to as a REPORTER, that know who they have spoken to and part of what is being said in the interviews and meetings.

-Cap problems
-Aged players
-SUCKING
A recipe for disaster.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
bigfan wrote:

The problem is that they are not aware that this is a rebuilding project, they truely think this past season was a bump in the road and next season they expect a winning team because of all the money they spent.

Mully is not basing this 100% on speculation, it is based on people he has spoken to as a REPORTER, that know who they have spoken to and part of what is being said in the interviews and meetings.

-Cap problems
-Aged players
-SUCKING
A recipe for disaster.

If I heard it correctly, the Bears were the oldest team in the NFL this year.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Never stopped these guys:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
My biggest fear is that Mully's hypothesis is correct. This team needs to be nuked and a 5-7 year timeline re-established. But instead they'll hire the one guy who tells them "we can turn it around QUICK!!"

Idiots.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hatchetman wrote:
My biggest fear is that Mully's hypothesis is correct. This team needs to be nuked and a 5-7 year timeline re-established. But instead they'll hire the one guy who tells them "we can turn it around QUICK!!"

Idiots.

They're going to get rid of everyone except the the guy who is the main problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Hatchetman wrote:

Idiots.

before training camp most of us looked at this roster and thought they had a chance at the playoffs. So are we all idiots too? perhaps, i think your average fan willfully ignored the fact there was zero defensive depth at most positions... we weren't aware that almost all trestman offenses regressed year 2 through his coaching history.... and fans probably couldnt have expected the special teamers/bottom 1/3 roster guys to pretty much all be god awful. I meant here isn't bottom 1/3 roster type besides Christian Jones that has any promise... unless I am forgetting someone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:12 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
bigfan wrote:

-Cap problems
-Aged players
-SUCKING
A recipe for disaster.

Everyone here shits on Mully for yelling and rambling, but this might be a time when we want to listen to what he's saying. We're probably going to get better stuff from him than "the Bears really want Ballard but other conversations are being had."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:41 am 

I had them third in the division at best. Mel Tucker's scheme is/was just too porous to have gotten them into playoff consideration.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:36 pm 

I had them at 5-11 in the predictions thread. I didn't think the offense was going to be this bad, but I did think the defense would be close to last in the league.

Don't see this getting better without re-tooling the defense and making minor changes to the offense. I think you can't have a finess RB with Cutler at QB. You need a powerback to grind out the yards and let Cutler throw 3rd and-5 easy routes to Marshall, Bennet and Jeffries. Forte is perfect for a Rodgers, Brees type QB, but not ideal for Cutler and his gunslinger play style.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Idiots.

They're going to get rid of everyone except the the guy who is the main problem.

Cant get rid of everyone, just too much guaranteed money, J Allen & Co, all comiing back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:

Everyone here shits on Mully for yelling and rambling, but this might be a time when we want to listen to what he's saying. We're probably going to get better stuff from him than "the Bears really want Ballard but other conversations are being had."

You mean there is better information available than Dan "Carl" Bernstein's opinion presented as inside source? Be on the smart side of history guys, Brandon Marshall is definitely gone, even though the Bears have no Coach or GM the decision is final unless it's not 'cause it's the Bears and I don't know who is running them. I do know there is one very loud voice in all those meetings that only I know about!

I like Mully overall. He talks too much, but he usually can do so without stuttering, he doesn't pander to idiots much, seems like he attempts to vet what his sources tell him and he presents what he knows without being an insufferable piece of crap about it. Low bar, but a rare combination in the history of THE SCORE!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:14 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
bigfan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Idiots.

Cant get rid of everyone, just too much guaranteed money, J Allen & Co, all comiing back.

If the rumored hiring of Ballard happens, it would seem that this is the path the Bears are on. What a terrible organization.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Hatchetman wrote:

Idiots.

5-7 years? This isn't baseball...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:24 am 

you're way of thinking is exactly why they are the oldest, shittiest team in the league.

We can make the playoffs!
We're only a few players away!
Let's go for it!
All we need is a few more free agents!
Anything can happen!
Cutler can be a star!
Cutler doesn't need to be a star!

No, nothing can happen with this shitfest. It will take years of good drafting to build up the talent level on this roster.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:26 am 
1000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
you're way of thinking is exactly why they are the oldest, shittiest team in the league.

We can make the playoffs!
We're only a few players away!
Let's go for it!
All we need is a few more free agents!
Anything can happen!
Cutler can be a star!
Cutler doesn't need to be a star!

No, nothing can happen with this shitfest. It will take years of good drafting to build up the talent level on this roster.

Everything depends on how quickly/whether or not they can acquire a top quarterback.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:28 am 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:

The above sentence makes no sense given what has transpired. If this past season was merely a "bump in the road," why was Emery fired? If the McCaskeys believe in the team's talent, then there was absolutely no reason to bring in a new general manager.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:33 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
[
Everything depends on how quickly/whether or not they can acquire a top quarterback.

Great. How should they go about that?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
[

Great. How should they go about that?

I have said my approach would be to trade out of the first round this year, jettison nearly all high-priced veterans (especially Cutler), and acquire as many draft picks as possible in future drafts. This strategy will augment the team's overall talent level while still virtually guaranteeing a terrible season next year, which should position the team to select the qb they need. If they don't see him in next year's draft, they should again trade down.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 am 

supposing they went with your plan. how long would you expect the team to be a 12-4 type conference champ contending team?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:02 am 
1000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
supposing they went with your plan. how long would you expect the team to be a 12-4 type conference champ contending team?

John Schneider turned Seattle around in 3 years. A top general manager can do the same with the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I was also going to say a 3 year plan in NFL is right on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:13 am 

So best case scenario, assuming they draft a pro bowl QB, three years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
In my third year vision that would or should be a WC birth.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

John Schneider turned Seattle around in 3 years. A top general manager can do the same with the Bears.

Whom do you see as the next John Schneider?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:29 am 
1000 CLUB

I like Mike Lombardi a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:48 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
I like Mike Lombardi a lot.

I don't hear much about him.