It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dustin the "Meatball"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:38 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm not sure with him. Sometimes I think he's real. Other times I think he's trying to be the one guy at the SCORE to play the "Anti-Bernstein" role. He's always angry and screaming on all stupid sports issues which goes towards him being a character.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I texted with Laurence about this once. I asked him if he thinks Dustin believes all the stupid shit he spews. LoHo said he's known Rhodes for a long time and felt it was more of an act. Doesn't make it any less awful.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Agreed. Dustin is so bad day in and day out, he makes both Mully & Hanely seem like all stars. Its not even fun bad, or meatball bad where you can laugh at it. Its just really sad and adds absolutely nothing to the program.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
It's an act. It's all done to try and elicit a reaction and therefore, make a name for himself.

Who knows, maybe he's a wiz ("They're bringing me back") behind the glass and that's why he's got the gig. Other than that, he should never be given airtime on a Chicago radio station. NEVER!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Act... It gets him airtime he wouldn't normally get .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
redskingreg wrote:
I texted with Laurence about this once. I asked him if he thinks Dustin believes all the stupid shit he spews. LoHo said he's known Rhodes for a long time and felt it was more of an act. Doesn't make it any less awful.

So, Leary dropping bad on some random texter about his coworkers.... :lol:

I have seen Dustin at Arlington 3 times and sat with him. He is a little whacky and gets overly excited about stuff, so I think most of the time, those are his thoughts and he doesnt make it sound crazy for TV effect.

Redskin, did you ask Leary why he has problems speaking...or is it an act?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
312player wrote:
Act... It gets him airtime he wouldn't normally get .

Score morning show airtime share: 50% commercials, 48% mully, 1.9% Hanley, 0.1% dustin's bit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:03 pm 

bigfan wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

So, Leary dropping bad on some random texter about his coworkers.... :lol:

I have seen Dustin at Arlington 3 times and sat with him. He is a little whacky and gets overly excited about stuff, so I think most of the time, those are his thoughts and he doesnt make it sound crazy for TV effect.

Redskin, did you ask Leary why he has problems speaking...or is it an act?

:lol: That never came up in the text convo. Next time, though!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:24 pm 

Would you like to find out that a co worker is essentally saying something not great about you to a text stranger?

Its why I never liked, but understand the old 'If you have a problem with that show, take it up with them" policy....OK....however exceptions do exist.

Mully ran into this issue when talking about makign comments about female reporters. He pointed out to the guest (Forgot who now...it was a female) that they had the problem in house and it kind of went unpunished....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Management must not think much of Dustin. He doesn't get weekend shows. Hell, even Shep and Herb got weekend shows.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:27 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Management must not think much of Dustin. He doesn't get weekend shows. Hell, even Shep and Herb got weekend shows.

Can almost guarantee you he doesnt want any weekend time...would he take on air job, probably, is he pushing for one? nope

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:53 pm 

Beardown wrote:

The less he is on the air, the better. Don't go giving Mitch any ideas. We all know he hangs on every post of yours.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:56 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Beardown wrote:

The less he is on the air, the better. Don't go giving Mitch any ideas. We all know he hangs on every post of yours.

Dustin would be pretty good on the air...still all goes back to the issue of someone making a good show.

There isnt anyone at the Score that I really care to listen to ramble, giggle and laugh. Guests, contests, events and yes, even parody songs, drafts, etc...some work, some suck...but try stuff....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Today he said that the Cubs are taking too long to win this, "it should have been over in 4 or 5!"

Its been 108 years you fuck. What does it matter if the Cubs win a World Series if its in 5, 6, or 7 games? Hanley, to his credit, cut him off mid sentence and jumped all over him. If he really acts like this, he is a total idiot. If its an act, its one that is neither entertaining nor funny.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Frank Coztansa wrote:
If he really acts like this, he is a total idiot. If its an act, its one that is neither entertaining nor funny.

Kinda like you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:55 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Today he said that the Cubs are taking too long to win this, "it should have been over in 4 or 5!"

Its been 108 years you fuck. What does it matter if the Cubs win a World Series if its in 5, 6, or 7 games? .

You know why it matters.

Rick, can you remind him why it matters just in case he had forgotten

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:47 am 
100000 CLUB

A World Series Title is a World Series Title any way you break it down. A sweep is great, but should the Cubs win this, their fans do not need to concede defeat like they do with Wood's 20K game vs Buehrle & Humber's perfect games.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
If he really acts like this, he is a total idiot. If its an act, its one that is neither entertaining nor funny.

Kinda like you.

Ouch, Gloop.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Its ok, camps. Once Gloop dies or gets a life, this board will be better place.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Its been 108 years you fuck. What does it matter if the Cubs win a World Series if its in 5, 6, or 7 games? .

You know why it matters.

Rick, can you remind him why it matters just in case he had forgotten

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:25 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
A World Series Title is a World Series Title any way you break it down. A sweep is great, but should the Cubs win this, their fans do not need to concede defeat like they do with Wood's 20K game vs Buehrle & Humber's perfect games.

Not true. I've already heard plenty about this being history making when in reality it is a pedestrian run to a championship. Six losses in the playoffs is not the record of a team for the ages

Cubs fans have a pathological need for whatever their team does to be momentous, win or lose. This doesn't qualify

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Not true. I've already heard plenty about this being history making when in reality it is a pedestrian run to a championship. Six losses in the playoffs is not the record of a team for the ages

Cubs fans have a pathological need for whatever their team does to be momentous, win or lose. This doesn't qualify

I was reading articles in the DH yesterday talking about how this was such a great, compelling World Series. Honestly, I think the play has been poor with lots of fielding and base running mistakes. Also, the Cubs have had several games where their batters look over matched. The story line is compelling because of how long it has been since either team last won. But beyond that, I think it has been rather sloppy and neither team has demonstrated greatness.

Now with the Cubs being a team for the ages, that will be told by what they do in the upcoming years. They have a plethora of talent in their early to mid 20's, and this might be the beginning of a very long run.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:27 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

good dolphin is back.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:29 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

good dolphin is back.

Who?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:29 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

good dolphin is back.

Who?

The foremost authority on all things Cubdom.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Its ok, camps. Once Gloop dies or gets a life, this board will be better place.

Mods, please delete and ban this person @support

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:16 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

good dolphin is back.

Who?

Truth Speaker, not Tris Speaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:09 am 

Not even on 670's website :lol:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/station/670-the-score/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
redskingreg wrote:

i honestly dont think he's real. somewhere hidden in the name Dustin and his on air personality, it's probably some awful, long winded joke that only Mully gets. And he sits there and chuckles to himself every time dustin is on air. Its a bit 100% all the way through.