It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 8/14 Debbie Downer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Can't these guys be a little more positive on last night? Everything they're saying is just God awful. "Oh, the 1st team defense let up a 14 play drive to Tannehill's Dolphins on the first drive, and here we go again." Yeah, at least it was a fourteen play drive and not a two or three play drive. I'll give them that they said Jared Allen did ok, but some of these other interior D-lineman did good too, Ego Ferguson, to name one. I thought Jared Allen was going to be a disaster at OLB, and he nearly picked one off on a screen, showing that he is still football smart. Sure, there are questions at ILB and the secondary, but it was the first preseason game. At least they were hitting people, and not pusssying it out.

As for the offense, more pre-snap penalties. But so what? I saw what could be a very good running back, even a guy better than Forte. He was hitting the second level in an instant with a good burst of speed off the hand-off. I saw a good throw to Royal by Cutler, who by the second series had settled down and looked like he was in command. Royal is going to be a hell of a player for the Bears. That drive they march it all the way down, Miami's on there heels and we Fox gets his first points as a Bear. Everyone's happy.

Ok, they have to tighten up the defense. It's going to happen. But they need to figure out quick whether McClellin can play ILB. Miller and Rosen were talking him up a lot, but he needs to do a better job getting off blocks, which has always been his problem.

For a first pre-season game under a new regime, I give it a B, B- against a talented Miami team. Tannehill is for real.

So cheer up, Charlie Brown, and mean, Mulli and Hanley.

Post subject: Re: 8/14 Debbie Downer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:58 am 

Nice. They had Cal on selling the Under Armour game at Wrigley tomorrow. Games at 3:00 and Sox/Cubs at 6:00. Perfect.