It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou malnattis
I used to listen to these guys until they started having Dave Wannstedt as a regular contributor. Especially here in Chicago where he is one, if not, the worst coaches in our history. How dare they ask NFL opinions from this BUM. To me at this point they lost all credibility, who'said next Phil Emery, Marc Trestmann?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangelas
Larrystudunsmore wrote:
Especially here in Chicago

He brung Pitt back to respectability. They were bad to mediocre on each side of his tenure. Of course, he blew his big game there, but the point is, he knows the college game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
His segment is pretty solid. Probably the best guest on the score.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Wannstedt is "fine" and actually has a wealth of knowledge despite his tenure here. Maybe you want another Score Part Timer Expert hit?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Wanny wasn't that bad - Gibron, Armstrong were far worse. Wanny did much better with the Dolphins - 3 double-digit-win seasons out of 5. I think he has plenty of cred to give valid analysis and opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Best regular guest on the Score. He's great.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Larrystudunsmore wrote:
I used to listen to these guys until they started having Dave Wannstedt as a regular contributor. Especially here in Chicago where he is one, if not, the worst coaches in our history. How dare they ask NFL opinions from this BUM. To me at this point they lost all credibility, who'said next Phil Emery, Marc Trestmann?

The Score considers Hub a football expert and Jason Goff an NBA expert, and you're upset about this?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Larrystudunsmore wrote:

The Score considers Hub a football expert and Jason Goff an NBA expert, and you're upset about this?

+1.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:24 pm 

Larrystudunsmore got violated in this thread. Poor SOB. Prayers sent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Have to disagree re: Neil Armstrong. That 79 team that went to the playoffs was pretty good and played the Eagles very tough. I think that was the year Mike Phipps subbed in for Avellini and won like 7 games in a row. As I recall Wannie had a lot of draft input and was a poor judge of talent. Still mind-boggling that they didn't have a single Pro Bowl player during his tenure. Or not. I thought that was the case.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:30 pm 

DannyB wrote:
Have to disagree re: Neil Armstrong. That 79 team that went to the playoffs was pretty good and played the Eagles very tough. I think that was the year Mike Phipps subbed in for Avellini and won like 7 games in a row. As I recall Wannie had a lot of draft input and was a poor judge of talent. Still mind-boggling that they didn't have a single Pro Bowl player during his tenure. Or not. I thought that was the case.

Well they missed on Curtis Enis and Rashaan Salaam. Anyway if you held me to it I would have sworn it was Pardee not Armstrong in your scenario.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
You might be right. Early onset dementia is setting in.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Darkside wrote:

Best segment on the score now is Olin Kreutz. He's my guy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:41 pm 

pittmike wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Well they missed on Curtis Enis and Rashaan Salaam. Anyway if you held me to it I would have sworn it was Pardee not Armstrong in your scenario.

Pardee was in '77. Almost immediately left for Washington(?) once the season ended in Dallas.

Edit: back to the spirit of this thread, I've stopped being shocked that Wanny routinely offers good, insightful thoughts as a broadcaster.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Dignified Rube wrote:
Darkside wrote:

ha gave them (hub, big cat, olin) a shot after the game yesterday... but quickly switched over to 720 when i realized i needed an old man yelling at me to make me feel happy after a bears loss.

re: wanny on M&H, i guess i was too young to really appreciate the dumpster fire that the wanny years were, so to me he's just a goofy character with a funny sounding voice... so his segment is definitely a fun listen for me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Larrystudunsmore wrote:

Agreed, They take an awful front office guy in Greg Gabriel and he's your go to guy? GTFOutta here

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:50 am 

billypootons wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Darkside wrote:

ha gave them (hub, big cat, olin) a shot after the game yesterday... but quickly switched over to 720 when i realized i needed an old man yelling at me to make me feel happy after a bears loss.

re: wanny on M&H, i guess i was too young to really appreciate the dumpster fire that the wanny years were, so to me he's just a goofy character with a funny sounding voice... so his segment is definitely a fun listen for me

I think Olin is the closest we'll get to honest commentary on the Bears, besides Hamp. But Hamp generally is incoherent.

I've been much impressed by Kreutz so far, very articulate, using metaphors like "anchor" for butt. Hub should not be on the postgame show. He has too many appearances now on the Bears for him to be anywhere near objective.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dignified Rube wrote:
I've been much impressed by Kreutz so far, very articulate, using metaphors like "anchor" for butt.

So close to replacing my signature.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
I've been much impressed by Kreutz so far, very articulate, using metaphors like "anchor" for butt.

So close to replacing my signature.

Cmon, IT WAS A JOKE!! HA HA HA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Dignified Rube wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I think Olin is the closest we'll get to honest commentary on the Bears, besides Hamp. But Hamp generally is incoherent.

I've been much impressed by Kreutz so far, very articulate, using metaphors like "anchor" for butt. Hub should not be on the postgame show. He has too many appearances now on the Bears for him to be anywhere near objective.

didnt you just crap zaidman for being a company man? when hub was analyst for bears radio broadcasts he quite often was honest/critical of bear decisions on the broadcast.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Hey, random question...does anyone happen to know the nickname of the Herscher H.S. football team?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:49 pm 

Several hosts on SCR used to refer to Hub as a "company man" before the Bears cut him loose. Now he has little love for them (Heh-heh)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Hey, random question...does anyone happen to know the nickname of the Herscher H.S. football team?

Isn't there a CSFMB member called HHS for Herscher High School?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:54 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:

It would appear to be the Tigers.