It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
GET THE MAN SOME COFFEE! I know he is just the CEO and should be somewhat calm....but does a heartbeat exists there?

"I know some dont like the architecture of our stadium, but when they get inside they say the experience is amazing" per George

NOBODY EVER SAID THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I do not know about the stadium part but the interview was fine for me.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:03 am 

It pisses me off that the seating capacity of Soldier Field is only 61,500. This isn't Charlotte or Jacksonville. This is supposed to be a fucking world class city, yet Soldier Field would be #11 in the SEC in terms of seating capacity. 4 SEC schools have seating capacities of over 100,000! SF would rank 8th in the Big Ten in attendance.

The playing surface sucks and is among the worst in the NFL because the McCaskey's and Park District insist on a natural grass surface. Most suburban high school stadiums have better playing surfaces than Soldier Field.

Finally, if they would have gone with a retractable dome, the city could bring in Final 4's and National Championship games, but no; we believe in Bear Weather and must keep Soldier Field open for some dumb ass reason.

Congrats George, you have one of the shittiest stadiums in the NFL.

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:21 pm 

the ghost of t-dub wrote:
It pisses me off that the seating capacity of Soldier Field is only 61,500. This isn't Charlotte or Jacksonville. This is supposed to be a fucking world class city, yet Soldier Field would be #11 in the SEC in terms of seating capacity. 4 SEC schools have seating capacities of over 100,000! SF would rank 8th in the Big Ten in attendance.

The playing surface sucks and is among the worst in the NFL because the McCaskey's and Park District insist on a natural grass surface. Most suburban high school stadiums have better playing surfaces than Soldier Field.

Finally, if they would have gone with a retractable dome, the city could bring in Final 4's and National Championship games, but no; we believe in Bear Weather and must keep Soldier Field open for some dumb ass reason.

blame Reinsdorf and his influence and his "protection" of his United Center interests

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:47 pm 

walkrman5 wrote:

blame Reinsdorf and his influence and his "protection" of his United Center interests

yes, you can blame Jerry for not having a dome, but he didnt stop them from having a dome, he just made it impossible for that option to be on the table, because while the McCaskeys are incompetent it was a no brainer for Chicago to have a dome, give Jerry credit, he knew it more than the mcCaskeys, who probably didnt even think about it.

Also, its not Jerrys fault the Bears play in the smallest stadium in the NFL that has the worst amenities and terribley designed traffic routes internally.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
bigfan wrote:
GET THE MAN SOME COFFEE! I know he is just the CEO and should be somewhat calm....but does a heartbeat exists there?

"I know some dont like the architecture of our stadium, but when they get inside they say the experience is amazing" per George

I caught a lil bit of it, the guy comes off as pretty dumb and shown he's far removed from reality. It was a lot like Jeb Bush, I heard from several people that this was the smart Bush..then I heard him speak and knew Jeb was an idiot too..Just like I heard this was the smart McCaskey? Not a chance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:37 pm 

312player wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I caught a lil bit of it, the guy comes off as pretty dumb and shown he's far removed from reality. It was a lot like Jeb Bush, I heard from several people that this was the smart Bush..then I heard him speak and knew Jeb was an idiot too..Just like I heard this was the smart McCaskey? Not a chance.

Not sure I heard so much about being the smart McCaskey, but this was the "In Touch" McCaskey...and if this guy is considered IN TOUCH, the rest did live in a bubble!

To Georges Credit, I think he is actually aware of them living in a bubble and he seems to be doing things, such as being in the studio, which he might not be comfortable doing, but I do think an owner owes it to fans to have some communication to the fan base.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

Does anyone like going to indoor football games? The Superdome is a versatile facility. It also looks like a tomb if the Saints bandwagon isn't in full force. St. Louis had a dome to get the Final Four. Now they don't have an NFL team.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
He was asked about Hard Knocks for the Bears, he said hevwas " shocked" at the language and cussing on the show.. He said he's been around locker rooms since he was a kid and never heard that much cussing. :lol: Scocking that Bears employees clean it up when the owners kid is within earshot..what a pud.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:48 pm 

yeah i always think of the rca dome and think...it's like going to an AFL game. the superdome is unique because of its location and when the who dats are out in full force it's quite an experience.

retractable roof is the way to go, if you have tumultuous weather (like humidity in the gulf area, which absolutely sucks).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:50 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Does anyone like going to indoor football games? The Superdome is a versatile facility. It also looks like a tomb if the Saints bandwagon isn't in full force. St. Louis had a dome to get the Final Four. Now they don't have an NFL team.

You do now they make those convertible domes you can buy at COSTCO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:04 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I've come to dislike retractable roofs because they have a way of never being open in anything less than Edenic conditions. The Blue Jays had a magical run this October but had to play it in a giant cave.