It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:11 am 

Jurko is just a fun guy to listen to. I'm not sure he knows what he is talking about beyond football and soccer but it is great to listen to him busting balls and broadcasting with a joie de vivre that has been absent from this industry for far too long.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
Jurko is just a fun guy to listen to. I'm not sure he knows what he is talking about beyond football and soccer but it is great to listen to him busting balls and broadcasting with a joie de vivre that has been absent from this industry for far too long.

yup.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:28 am 

I listened about 5 mins last week. Jurko did not sound good at all. Is he dealing with health issues? He sounded like he was near death.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Douchebag wrote:
I listened about 5 mins last week. Jurko did not sound good at all. Is he dealing with health issues? He sounded like he was near death.

I believe he was under the weather and had a night out somewhere so your 5 minutes might have been during that time

A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.

OnePost wrote:
If you want to continue to post your misinformed bullshit, don't be upset when it gets shoved up your ass.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:36 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I believe he was under the weather and had a night out somewhere so your 5 minutes might have been during that time

I'll check back in to the show in about 3 years to see if there is any difference.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:08 am 

Douchebag wrote:

The guy had some dating stories yesterday so everything must be good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:12 am 

I doubt he will ever have the initiative to work on a Sunday but Jurko would be the perfect guy for OB to hand the baton to

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:12 am 

i like jurko on the air but his pairing with carmen doesn't work and jurko seems to like to push that right to the forefront. he doesn't seem to like working with him. he really doesn't "interact" with carmen, he just bloviates on his own. i miss him with mac because they had good chemistry, and with harry there you could see how much they loved chiding him. even though jurko and mac have too-similar voices for a pairing on radio, they were great together.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
W_Z wrote:
even though jurko and mac have too-similar voices for a pairing on radio

People think this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 pm 

W_Z wrote:
i like jurko on the air but his pairing with carmen doesn't work and jurko seems to like to push that right to the forefront. he doesn't seem to like working with him. he really doesn't "interact" with carmen, he just bloviates on his own. i miss him with mac because they had good chemistry, and with harry there you could see how much they loved chiding him. even though jurko and mac have too-similar voices for a pairing on radio, they were great together.

Mac hinted that they had an opportunity to work together again at the Score but Jurko chose the security of the ESPN brand. I don't fault him but listeners suffer because of the decision.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:47 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Slavish dedication to stats driven analysis and politics play a huge role in this. In many different ways

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:01 pm 

the slav is not a slave to stats

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:15 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
the slav is not a slave to stats

Hire more Slavs!?!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
IMU wrote:
W_Z wrote:

People think this?
I think that for the DiCaro & Whoever weekend show -- I honestly can't tell who is who. Granted, I'm only listening for my 10 minute car ride once a month, but it is very confusing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:18 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
IMU wrote:
W_Z wrote:

People think this?

Ha, this is absolutely true. When they first started together guests couldn't tell the difference and they would have to identify they selves multiple times in the same phone call. They eventually improved somehow, I think technically.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Agreed. Heard them talking about Kaplan doing the fantasy loser walk off Shame in transition and it was hilarious.

Jurko is great. Always has been.

Fuck your ethnicity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hood on today.