It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tiny gets a DUI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
still waiting for the reasons why it is imperative to get a permit to put up a fence or a pool..other than the obvious that the city needs money and will tax anything and everything in doing so.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:02 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Then you've never been around Harry. He shoots the whole time and then does one for the road.
Wow. That makes me feel even less bad for him. If that's true then the whole "mistake" thing goes out the window. That's an intentional attempt to drive drunk.

I know some on here have somewhat defended Harry on this as just making a mistake but if they've seen that type of behavior in person they shouldn't be so lenient on him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: *
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
spanky wrote:
Hey mcbrides, remember that one time when you had the awkward white guy in your place and he kept dancing to every. single. song. that was played? I think he was wearing some type of a gold shirt and hat.

It was a black Bulls shirt. :(

At least it wasn't karaoke night

312player wrote:
still waiting for the reasons why it is imperative to get a permit to put up a fence or a pool..other than the obvious that the city needs money and will tax anything and everything in doing so.

lol

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:05 am 

Free Ajent wrote:
312player wrote:

lol

lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
312player wrote:

OK, I'll bite.

FOR EXAMPLE, if you put up a fence you have to dig a hole in the ground for the fence posts. So, because there are dumbasses like you out there who don't think you need to consult the city or anybody else before doing so, everybody has to be sure that you aren't going to hit an underground gas or power line. It wouldn't be a big deal if you ended up killing yourself, but I certainly don't want to be without power for hours on end because you're a fucking dumbshit who thinks the city is just out to collect $40 from your home improvement project.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 am 

lol ...shows how little you know..i have put up a dozen fences... peoples gas and com ed come out for FREE and will mark the utilities. it is a simple phone call away. this is common knowledge. the city has NOTHING to do with either of those utility companies.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 am 

lol ...shows how little you know..i have put up a dozen fences... peoples gas and com ed come out for FREE and will mark the utilities. it is a simple phone call away. this is common knowledge. the city has NOTHING to do with either of those utility companies.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: aurelios
spanky wrote:
Hey mcbrides, remember that one time when you had the awkward white guy in your place and he kept dancing to every. single. song. that was played? I think he was wearing some type of a gold shirt and hat.

Yea dont like driving north of here or I would have taken him lol!
To Spaulding we have it posted by the front and back entrances and cards behind the bar. Shit if my wife wasn't here all the time I'd use the guy :D
But seriously its hard times for establishments with bars I really believe thats why prices are out of control cause people are trying to keep the alcohol profit that they are used to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:22 am 

still waiting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 am 

312player wrote:
still waiting

lol

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 am 

If I'm a passenger in a car why can't I have an open container??

What do yall think about that law?

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Wow. That makes me feel even less bad for him. If that's true then the whole "mistake" thing goes out the window. That's an intentional attempt to drive drunk.

I know some on here have somewhat defended Harry on this as just making a mistake but if they've seen that type of behavior in person they shouldn't be so lenient on him.

I don't think he believes he is impaired or there is anything wrong or abnormal about his behavior. What I've seen he does about 5-7 shots in the hour or so he stays after a show. A few times he has ridden with a producer, a few times driven himself. I'm gonna guess this is what he does when he is out at ohagens or wherever else he goes.

I've never been a shot person so I'm biased here but there is something weird and sad about a wealthy mid-forty year old man with 2 young kids doing shots on what sounds to be like a fairly consistent basis. I'm not sure he could do just one or not drink to the point where he is buzzed or drunk. That's why I feel bad for him. From an outsider's position it's not really a decision he is making, it's seems like it controls him.

While yes I ultimately believe we make our own decisions and are responsible for them, I truly believe he has a problem. His whole life is pretty much a party, with little responsibility. This is not completely his fault or a bad thing, but the way it is as I see it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Pools and patio decks are impervious surfaces. Some Villages have limitations to the amount of impervious surfaces you can have on your property as it affects the runoff coefficient and subsequent stormwater runoff that leaves your property. These limits are set to prevent surcharge of the storm sewer and flooding upstream and downstream of your property. If you exceed the limitations per the ordinance, they will require you to remove it...or you can face jail time.
Additionally, if you have floodplain on your property and do not provide compensatory storage according to the FEMA flood ordinance for any fill placement and get caught...you could face jail time if you refuse to correct the problem.
If you have a wetland on your property that you are not aware of and disturb the wetland, you could face jail time.
And finally, no self-respecting contractor would risk construction without a permit. He has more to lose than you do.
J.U.L.I.E. or DIGGER will come out and mark the utilities as long as an excavator or homeowner makes the request.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Free Ajent wrote:

Because the temptation to pass it to CGS who is driving you around is too great.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:39 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Pools and patio decks are impervious surfaces. Some Villages have limitations to the amount of impervious surfaces you can have on your property as it affects the runoff coefficient and subsequent stormwater runoff that leaves your property. These limits are set to prevent surcharge of the storm sewer and flooding upstream and downstream of your property. If you exceed the limitations per the ordinance, they will require you to remove it...or you can face jail time.
Additionally, if you have floodplain on your property and do not provide compensatory storage according to the FEMA flood ordinance for any fill placement and get caught...you could face jail time if you refuse to correct the problem.
If you have a wetland on your property that you are not aware of and disturb the wetland, you could face jail time.
And finally, no self-respecting contractor would risk construction without a permit. He has more to lose than you do.
J.U.L.I.E. or DIGGER will come out and mark the utilities as long as an excavator or homeowner makes the request.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 am 
100000 CLUB

Free Ajent wrote:

What do yall think about that law?

As of October 2005 in Montana, it was perfectly legal to have an open container in a car. Provided there was somebody else in the car with you. Tough to use the defense of "that drink isn't mine" if you're the only one in the car.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:47 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
J.U.L.I.E. or DIGGER

WHAT'D YOU CALL ME?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!

still waiting...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:02 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

still waiting...

lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:50 pm 

To Frank and Ugie - May I ask how you know that if you have two beers with dinner you will be over .08? Maybe you should check sometime and you would be surprised.

To 312 - Doug hit the nail on the head. To add to that have you ever seen what an improperly installed GFI receptacle for a pool filter can do to someone unfortunate enough to come into contact with it?

To JORR - I agree that way too old people and reckless drivers are dangerous. That does not mean that DUI offenders are not, this is not an either/or situation.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

Vincent Antonelli wrote:
To Frank and Ugie - May I ask how you know that if you have two beers with dinner you will be over .08? Maybe you should check sometime and you would be surprised.

This isn't my point. Maybe I'm at .08, maybe only at .04 or even less. However, some people think by having just those 2 drinks with dinner, I'm just as wrong for driving as somebody who has polished off 3/4 of a bottle of bourbon. Clearly the latter would be far more dangerous behind the wheel.

That is my point. Some people consider drinking and driving having just a little bit of alcohol and then driving the same as somebody who is totally trashed and gets in their car. I see nothing wrong with having 2 drinks at dinner and then driving home, even if I am at .04 and even if at .04 I'm not quite as sharp as I would be at .00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Vincent Antonelli wrote:
To JORR - I agree that way too old people and reckless drivers are dangerous. That does not mean that DUI offenders are not, this is not an either/or situation.

I agree, but only the drunks are being demonized by society. People see granny's car with a few dents in it from bumping into shit and they giggle. And I'm not picking on old people either. I think statistics show that young knuckleheads are more dangerous, and I'm talking about sober young guys too. I think we're all for safer roads. I just think that the vilification of those who drink and drive in a society that celebrates the consumption of alcohol to the degree we do is way over the top. I don't believe anyone wants to kill anyone or be killed behind the wheel of an automobile. But I doubt that guy who drove a foot from my bumper on I-94 at 65 mph this morning was drunk. So what was his excuse? And shouldn't his punishment, had he been caught, be equal or greater than that of a guy who was pulled over while driving safely but happened to be drunk?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
That is my point. Some people consider drinking and driving having just a little bit of alcohol and then driving the same as somebody who is totally trashed and gets in their car.

Really? Who thinks that? Did someone articulate this point on this board?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Obviously everybody needs to gain (more) weight and then maybe we wouldn't have as many DUIs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

KDdidit wrote:
Obviously everybody needs to gain (more) weight and then maybe we wouldn't have as many DUIs.

I'm pretty sure that's happening and it doesn't seem to be working. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I drink to maintain my weight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Spaulding wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't think he believes he is impaired or there is anything wrong or abnormal about his behavior. What I've seen he does about 5-7 shots in the hour or so he stays after a show. A few times he has ridden with a producer, a few times driven himself. I'm gonna guess this is what he does when he is out at ohagens or wherever else he goes.

I've never been a shot person so I'm biased here but there is something weird and sad about a wealthy mid-forty year old man with 2 young kids doing shots on what sounds to be like a fairly consistent basis. I'm not sure he could do just one or not drink to the point where he is buzzed or drunk. That's why I feel bad for him. From an outsider's position it's not really a decision he is making, it's seems like it controls him.

While yes I ultimately believe we make our own decisions and are responsible for them, I truly believe he has a problem. His whole life is pretty much a party, with little responsibility. This is not completely his fault or a bad thing, but the way it is as I see it.

I can kinda see where he comes from on this. I can have a couple of drinks with dinner but I have a hard time going to a bar and having a couple of drinks. I either get way too :drunken: or I am the DD. Why have a couple of drinks and not really get buzzed and risk a DUI? I would rather not drink and have fun than sip on a couple of drinks and wish I was getting :drunken:. Maybe this means I have a problem but I am all or nothing when it comes to the booze.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

He fucked up - he used very poor judgement - and he'll pay the repercussions. Big boy rules. In the words of Wanny: AH! He'll be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 pm 

would have been funnier if Wanne said "He'll be fined".

The slim Harry is looking a lot like Harold Ramis.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

ESPN 1000 put the reckless, sloppy alcoholic back on the air today. No reprercussions. Just like nothing happened for pissing his pants in the Sox clubhouse. Back to normal. They needed to send a message. Harry will be back at the bar tonight as if nothing happened. If he kills somebody in a car wreck, ESPN 1000 will have blood on their hands for enabling him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next