It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tiny gets a DUI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Seems it is less expensive to be blotto and rolled on the Red Line than catch a damned DUI.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Nas from the best of my memory, WR was at a remote or appearance Harry was drinking of course. WR asked him if he was OK to get home and Harry took offense to that. Somehow, talk of the exchange between Harry and WR made it on the air. I don't remember the story exactly, so don't quote me on this. The threads about probably still exist and I hope another poster can correct the story if I'm wrong.

I was there at Shoeless Joe's in Rosemont in 2007. After the show and a few trays of tequila shots were passed around, Harry was in no shape to drive. It did get awkward because Harry wouldn't even mix in a glass of water or some food or a coolout period before wanting to hit the road.

The real point of acrimony was the fact he could of just called a car to pick him up(fatha!). This would of brought the risk of harm to himself or others to zero. Harry was indeed offended and in conclusion I assumed the clubhouse incident last year would have been the wakeup call he needed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
The clubhouse incident puts his job on the damned line....the second he uses the credential to gain access...he's on the job.
Everyone is bullet proof when they are 90 proof.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I think this was a ploy to get this section jumping again. Maybe 2 or 3 more listeners to the show, too...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Krazy Ivan wrote:
I think this was a ploy to get this section jumping again. Maybe 2 or 3 more listeners to the show, too...

I would be much more likely to listen to the show if Harry wasn't on it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:52 pm 

Never drink and drive - but if you do and get caught, never blow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Giarodano's
donspiracy wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

I would be much more likely to listen to the show if Harry wasn't on it.

I actually stopped listening after Mac left. Jurko needs to go to the score so he can be less censored cuz that man is funny as hell and him on the score would be epic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Connies
Spada to the rescue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
How flippin' tough is it to not drink and drive whether you're 20 or 50?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
please tell me this clown is going to be fired, i may start listening again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
KDdidit wrote:

Not as easy as you would suspect. The great contradiction of having sports bars and then expect people to leave in their cars has always been interesting to me. Sure; no one is forcing you to drink 13 beers and then drive home. A guy my size, however, can drink 3 beers and probably be over the legal limit. Hence, I really don't like going out to bars anymore.

Well, that and the fact I have passed 2 field sobriety tests and really don't want to give it a third try.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wow, word travels fast - India is talking about Harry already:

http://iplextra.indiatimes.com/article/ ... cno?q=ESPN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Not as easy as you would suspect. The great contradiction of having sports bars and then expect people to leave in their cars has always been interesting to me. Sure; no one is forcing you to drink 13 beers and then drive home. A guy my size, however, can drink 3 beers and probably be over the legal limit. Hence, I really don't like going out to bars anymore.

Well, that and the fact I have passed 2 field sobriety tests and really don't want to give it a third try.

As someone who doesn't drink I suspect it's very easy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
"Hey blow machine.....Harry here."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:42 pm 

I just hope this incident gets him taken off the air. I can't stand him. Soooo NOT FUNNY !!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:47 pm 

agree 100%

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
KDdidit wrote:
As someone who doesn't drink I suspect it's very easy.

As someone who doesn't drink you have no place to say that its easy.

So you don't drink. Good for you?

How about you go out to one of those sportsbars and don't have anything to eat. If you do eat something, take a cab home.

I understand that eating some wings doesn't impair your ability to drive a car like alcohol does, but for many people its very hard and inconvenient to go out with your buddies and not drink. And I'm not talking about getting stupid drunk. As Ugie said, 2 or 3 beers probably puts you over the legal limit so just a couple of beers can get you a DUI.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yeah that is the gist of it, I just don't remember if there was more to it or not. I'd try to go back and find the threads but I don't even remember an approximate date to look for.

WR edited some of the posts, but this was the thread. . .

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11879

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I would suggest that if you drink and you drive, you've probably driven "drunk".

Do you think an old guy who is clearly not capable of safely operating a vehicle is any less guilty than a drunk driver? I can tell you this, I know I'm not as capable behind the wheel as I was twenty years ago. I just can't see as well. So I drive accordingly. But I would guess that most of you are safer drivers blowing a .15 or so than my mom is hopping in her car in the morning. Thankfully, she rarely drives anymore, but the State of Illinois allows her to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:03 pm 

So how did this go?

You know Harry played every card he has

Did he go with the radio show? the dad? tickets?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:04 pm 

I don't understand how these guys don't get livery service written into their contracts for remote appearances. It would end up being $100 max and saves both the station and the host problems.

Harry had a .131 after driving from Joliet to the northern suburbs. As a fellow fatty, I can almost guarantee you that he stopped off for some fast food during the ride home. He was probably much more drunk when he got behind the wheel.

Last edited by good dolphin on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas from the best of my memory, WR was at a remote or appearance Harry was drinking of course. WR asked him if he was OK to get home and Harry took offense to that. Somehow, talk of the exchange between Harry and WR made it on the air. I don't remember the story exactly, so don't quote me on this. The threads about probably still exist and I hope another poster can correct the story if I'm wrong.

Correct.

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Well, Woody was right...It was May 2007 because I was 5 months pregnant. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11879

This was only a matter of time and he is lucky he didn't or hasn't injured himself or somebody else to this point. On one hand I do feel bad for him. He has a problem with alcohol and it is (negatively) affecting his life. I don't care how much money he has it's got to be sad for his wife and kids for him to be out a couple nights a week getting smashed. On the other hand he makes terrible decisions and he has done this a lot. Hell they could probably wait for him in his driveway 3 times a week and nail him everytime.You reap what you sow at some point. Really glad nobody has been hurt. It's sad but totally expected and for sometime.

Frank what you are arguing and what Harry does on a consistent basis are totally different. You've seen me drunk and not driving and you've seen me choose to say sober when I am driving. It's not that hard to make a choice but I don't have a problem with alcohol. This is also why I'm not a huge fan of people buying me drinks.

ASFBob, could his money and connections get him out of this? I'd think it would be easier than what you are saying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:06 pm 

The scary part of a dui is the money

It costs a lot to just go thru all the legal stuff

To a guy like Harry, it means taking cabs for six months

He will be back to drinkin and drivin by september

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I legitimately feel sorry for him. Not sorry he got caught, but sorry he didn’t think about the decision he made and how it would affect his wife and kids. I too hope this is a wake up call and he can learn and grow from it. I have no ill will towards him. I’m glad he’s safe and not hurt – and glad nobody else got hurt.

The gist of the harry-wr story being discussed is about right. The weird thing is when I was looking out for him in regards to not driving I was not being over the top. And actually after that night he didn’t seem mad at me, but appreciated my concern. By Monday he was mad, took his anger out on me on air. Said some untrue things about me, got people that were close to me confused and concerned. I sent him a personal e-mail after that which was then read on air and more anger my way occurred. It was an unfortunate series of events, but I believe that those actions were defensive. We’ve barely talked since all that drama.

I hope the best for his family during this time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:10 pm 

#tigerblood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
Harry had a .131 after driving from Joliet to the northern suburbs.

For the record, I don't know if he was coming from Joliet. I was just saying that as an example. Not to say that its right to ever drive drunk, but its one thing to drive home from the bar thats 3 miles down the road when you're overserved. I think its totally different when you are leaving a paid appearance and have 40, 60, sometimes 70+ minutes of windshield time ahead of you.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:14 pm 

i thought mac had said that when hosting espn employees were not allowed to drink, no?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:16 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
I legitimately feel sorry for him. Not sorry he got caught, but sorry he didn’t think about the decision he made and how it would affect his wife and kids. I too hope this is a wake up call and he can learn and grow from it. I have no ill will towards him. I’m glad he’s safe and not hurt – and glad nobody else got hurt.

The gist of the harry-wr story being discussed is about right. The weird thing is when I was looking out for him in regards to not driving I was not being over the top. And actually after that night he didn’t seem mad at me, but appreciated my concern. By Monday he was mad, took his anger out on me on air. Said some untrue things about me, got people that were close to me confused and concerned. I sent him a personal e-mail after that which was then read on air and more anger my way occurred. It was an unfortunate series of events, but I believe that those actions were defensive. We’ve barely talked since all that drama.

I hope the best for his family during this time.

It's not going to be any different for his family unless he stops drinking or ESPN fires him. I think RPB is right, they'll pay, move on, and he'll be back to his old self in 6 months or so. If ESPN wants to get rid of him now is the time to do it even if he did fall off a horse for them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:17 pm 

312player wrote:
i thought mac had said that when hosting espn employees were not allowed to drink, no?

That rule was probably just for Mac. ESPN held him down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next