It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
WheatonZack wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
It's good to hear the New Orleans angst in full flame.

Guh?

I think both wins were equally impressive - but we had to face a hotter team than you guys did coming in. That's all I'll say.

Both our defenses gave up some plays that left you scratching your head. But we've done it consistently all year (you hearing me, Joe Theismann?) whereas it's more uncharacteristic for the Bears defense to.

I'm sorry, what number are you? Must have missed you out on the field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:49 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Don't get me wrong Zach, I'm not bashing the Saints. My point is that I think next week's game should be competitive and I don't understand some of the crap I've been hearing today all over the dial about how the Bears seemingly won't have a chance.

I mean I like the Saints but they are not a dominant team either and have their own problems. I don't get that impression from the discussions I've heard.

I feel like the insecurities of Bears' fans are manifesting themselves into building up the competition into being better than they may actually be.

I've said all along the Saints were the only NFC team that really concerned me but I don't feel they are decidedly better than the Bears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
I don't know why they would absolve the WR from any resposibility from doing the job they are paid to do.

gd, I thought you were gunning for me again. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:54 pm 

EG Greg wrote:
Quote:
I'm sorry, what number are you? Must have missed you out on the field.

Coach wouldn't put me in...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Quote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Yea, I don't think anyone is going to tell you the Seahawks win is more impressive than the Eagles one. However none of this matters. Sunday dictates all.

I'm not saying that either. I think each team should have won their games more easily than they did, however. The Eagles were definitely playing better than the 'Hawks.

But, I heard one of the talking heads on boo-yah (I'm sorry I don't remember which one) say NO was the most impressive win of the weekend. ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
But, I heard one of the talking heads on boo-yah (I'm sorry I don't remember which one) say NO was the most impressive win of the weekend. ??

I smell a Salisbury....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Colts win was the most impressive win of the week. By far. Yeah I don't understand this hype for the Saints recently. Sure the Bears could lose to them. But Philly played them to the end on Saturday. Bush puts the ball on the ground. There run defense is worse then the Bears. Plus we have home field advantage.

This is going to shock people but the Bears actually averaged more points then the Saints this year. I understand our special teams (Hester) and defense helped with that. But that's also another point. The Saints defense was last in forced turnovers this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:01 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Quote:
I don't know why they would absolve the WR from any resposibility from doing the job they are paid to do.

gd, I thought you were gunning for me again. :lol:

I'm biding my time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:02 pm 

Quote:
Don't get me wrong Zach, I'm not bashing the Saints. My point is that I think next week's game should be competitive and I don't understand some of the crap I've been hearing today all over the dial about how the Bears seemingly won't have a chance.

I mean I like the Saints but they are not a dominant team either and have their own problems. I don't get that impression from the discussions I've heard.

I feel like the insecurities of Bears' fans are manifesting themselves into building up the competition into being better than they may actually be.

I've said all along the Saints were the only NFC team that really concerned me but I don't feel they are decidedly better than the Bears.

To quote Public Enemy...don't believe the hype. I absolutely agree with you that there is no way there's a clear cut favorite. But ESPN has this idea that it's imperative they pick a game. And when their pick is right, they act like they're living Nostradamus's. When they're wrong they say it's no big deal to make picks, it's all in fun. What I'd like to do is go back to that playoff board they created during preseason to see how many of those teams are actually in the final four.

ESPN gets me agitated as well, and when my team gets shortsided, sometimes I'll take it personally--but I try not to listen too much. They're all idiots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

You hit it with ESPN.

When they get it right. They are the first to brag and tell you how they saw it. Salisbury for example- "Who told you'd they'd win. Dog gone right I did."

When they get it wrong. Then it's "well this is the NFL who the hell can pick these games."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:05 pm 

Let me preface by saying, NO is good and they have a real shot at making it to Miami.

But, I suppose it is just too much of a slam dunk for the media to hope New Orleans is the team that will advance.

It gives a chance for all the columnists in America to write their award-winning, tear-jerker piece relating the rebuilding of a team to the rebuilding of a city and how a team that had nothing turned into champion and, we can only hope, that a city will be able to look to that example and turn themselves into champions as well. And, maybe, we are all champions for having witnessed the rebirth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:17 pm 

Quote:
Let me preface by saying, NO is good and they have a real shot at making it to Miami.

But, I suppose it is just too much of a slam dunk for the media to hope New Orleans is the team that will advance.

It gives a chance for all the columnists in America to write their award-winning, tear-jerker piece relating the rebuilding of a team to the rebuilding of a city and how a team that had nothing turned into champion and, we can only hope, that a city will be able to look to that example and turn themselves into champions as well. And, maybe, we are all champions for having witnessed the rebirth...

And this is something that really bugs me. Katrina had nothing to do with why the Saints played poorly. They gave up. Simple as that. Yeah maybe they were tired, but they didn't seem to care about anything. Katrina had nothing to do with football, and that shouldn't be the story. My family down there is still struggling to get their lives back together along with just about everybody else. The Saints are a great distraction from that, but they are just that.

The angle they should be driving at is that this is a team that has NEVER known success. In its 40 year existence, all we've known is failure. Before this past weekend, we had *one* playoff victory. We had 3 divisional titles. We had no conference championships or Superbowl appearances. It took us over 20 years to get ABOVE .500! That should be the story, and if Katrina didn't happen, that would be the story. And that drives my point home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. Do people realise this is the second NFL season to take place after Katrina.

2. Can someone give me a link to any article stating how the Saints have economically helped the city of NO post-Katrina.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:35 pm 

"Let's be honest.... Seattle lost the game more than the Bears won the game.

Did Lovie Smith tell the Bears that the 3rd quarter didn't matter, because that is the only quarter imho where the Seahawks clearly outplayed the Bears."

Well if you outplay a team 3 out of 4 quarters I'd say you deserve to win.

"The Bears got EVERY break in this game and it still took them to overtime to put away the Seahawks, despite their depleted secondary.
What about that stupid MFin' guy trying to get the Bears to jump offsides on the field goal attempt?"

Every break? So the fact that they jumped offsides on a made fg which led to a fluke interception isnt a a big break? Or on Seattles first drive when I believe it was Tillman who dropped that sure intercetion that woulda went for a score? Both teams got breaks in this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
2. Can someone give me a link to any article stating how the Saints have economically helped the city of NO post-Katrina.

amen. i mean, im sure its helped somewhat (merch, taxes, tourism, etc) but the media make it seem like the saints are making up for ALL of FEMA's fuckups.

one thing I am not looking forward to is the puke fest that we'll have to endure regarding the saints being so wonderful for the city of new orleans. Screw that bullshit..........all the while the saints have been on their playoff run people have been getting gunned down on the streets. 9 of 'em since new years. And Sean Payton puts his ugly mug on TV every chance he can get spouting off about how they are making such a liked the Saints as a football team (but not this week!)........but it has difference for the city? keep it. tell that to the people who don't have houses or the people spending their relief money on drugs. Ive generally nothing to do with Katrina.

I'm just going to barf in advance, that's all

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:00 pm 

Can't lie Grossman played a good game, but who knows what he'll do the next week. I just need him to have two more good games in a row then I'll shutup about it. I still have no confidence in him and don't see him as a future NFL QB, but in my neighborhood if you win you get to talk shit, so congrats to Rex and all his supporters. Go Bears! Happy MLK Day to everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:36 pm 

Coach Crapowski wrote:
But you had DITKA coaching in the twilight of his coaching career, my friend. The suckfest was so bad that even Da Cohtch and his supernatural might could not help. Cohtch!

No, he made it a lot worse...unfortunately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:39 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:

one thing I am not looking forward to is the puke fest that we'll have to endure regarding the saints being so wonderful for the city of new orleans. Screw that bullshit..........all the while the saints have been on their playoff run people have been getting gunned down on the streets. 9 of 'em since new years. And Sean Payton puts his ugly mug on TV every chance he can get spouting off about how they are making such a liked the Saints as a football team (but not this week!)........but it has difference for the city? keep it. tell that to the people who don't have houses or the people spending their relief money on drugs. Ive generally nothing to do with Katrina.

I'm just going to barf in advance, that's all

Like I said, that's what sucks about the situation--the year my team actually pulls together an unbelievable season, the story has nothing to do with football, the story is about Katrina and it shouldn't be that. Katrina is a whole separate issue and one that's still being ignored by most of the media. It's still a mess down there and will be for a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

After glossing over this thread, I am thankful for three things:

1) I am not a Bears fan.

2) I did not listen to any sports radio today.

3) I wasn't at work today, and therefore wasn't watching this thread develop all day.

Sorry guys, it just doesn't interest me. The gnashing of teeth is getting pretty tired. I'm not a Grossman fan, but his one pick yesterday (I only remember one) was the receiver's fault. He managed the offense well. The coaching staff should be fired after that three and out with all passing plays.

I may listen to CDs this week, I don't know if I can handle sports talk if it is accurately reflected here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:39 am 

Quote:
Does Mac live in Crown Point?

Nah, Highland. Goes to show we Indiana folk are smarter. ;) :lol:

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:43 am 

Quote:
Can't lie Grossman played a good game, but who knows what he'll do the next week. I just need him to have two more good games in a row then I'll shutup about it. I still have no confidence in him and don't see him as a future NFL QB, but in my neighborhood if you win you get to talk shit, so congrats to Rex and all his supporters. Go Bears! Happy MLK Day to everyone.

Well, that's the thing about Rex. We all know he's capable of playing well and winning a game for the Bears. The problem is that we all know he's capable of being so incredibly bad that he destroys any chance the Bears have of winning. But you're right: Rex did win this game. He was the difference.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:04 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
MattInTheCrown
Quote:
Does Mac live in Crown Point?

Nah, Highland. Goes to show we Indiana folk are smarter. ;) :lol:

yep, and he chills at Traditions over on Highway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:04 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Rex did win this game. He was the difference.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I was thinking about it last night as I was trying fall asleep. I said 24-17 'Hawks. How was it possible that the Great MattintheCrown was wrong? This demanded an explanation! Luckily, I was unable to sleep and thus was able to apply my superior analytical powers to the problem.

So, I stopped and considered that regulation ended in a 24-24 tie. That's closer to what the game should have been. What, then, was the difference? Then it hit me: the bomb to Berrian. Someone predicted the bomb to Berrian, but I found it unlikely, considering they had gone to that well numerous times lately, and came up empty. My expectation was for the Turnoverasaurus to show up. But he didn't. Good Rex showed up, and was the difference. He hit Berrian in stride, causing my otherwise perfect prediction to go up in smoke.

My superior analytical skills, I believe, prove beyond any reasonable doubt that Rex was the difference in this game. Q.E.D.

:P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:55 am 

MUScholar21 wrote:
After glossing over this thread, I am thankful for three things:

1) I am not a Bears fan.

Go back to Russia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:14 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Rex had 282 yards and put the Bears in position to win the game in overtime. Did I miss something? He had an interception that should have been caught by our $30M man and another drop that would have been a touchdown if Berrian had caught the ball.

I don't get how the WR's get off the hook so easy. Grossman has 27 games under his belt. 27!!!! That's not even two seasons and he LEAD the Bears to a win on Sunday. The teams wide outs are terrible, they have been that way all year, Rexisn't perfect and has many areas to improve in. Like stepping up in the pocket instead of dropping back all the time.

Moose is a bust. The Bears have no solid #1. Nas I'm right there with you on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Go back to Russia

:lol:

Sorry gd, but it isn't to say I don't root for them; I just don't have the emotional investment that many of you do have. I am happy to see them win, and actually thought they had a good chance to do so (wish I would've taken the +9 on the Seahags though). Considering Seattle is a division rival to my beloved Niners, I am always happy to see them lose.

If it makes you feel better, there is nothing I would enjoy more than the opportunity to take a piss at midfield of Lambeau - Wisconsin is the only place in the world where Zubaz are acceptable forms of attire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:02 am 
1000 CLUB

Sorry Nas (man, it is too early in the day for me to be apologizing this much) - been a Niners fan since I was little. My one flaw :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:36 am 

Quote:
MUScholar21 wrote:
...Wisconsin is the only place in the world where Zubaz are acceptable forms of attire.

What about Pappyland?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:39 am 
1000 CLUB

I am proud to say that I do not know what is and isn't acceptable at Pappyland, outside of encouraging racial epithets I suspect. I do not wish to know what goes on there, and furthermore do not want to contemplate it.