It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tiny gets a DUI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:24 pm 

Ive never understood wanting to drive drunk when you have other options.

I certainly dont understand it with rich people who could hire a driver or at the very least take cabs and not have to worry about how much it costs

What could stop Harry? He could get another one next year...he'll pay that and do it again

Im sure Harry is not thinking "Wow, I messed up, I coulda killed someone, no more of that for me"

he's likely thinking
"Wow, sucks that I got caught...and so close to home, Im gonna have to be more careful when drinking and driving from now on"

You can throw all the deaths and tragedies of DUI's at people. They just think "it wont be them"

With most people, theyre right. It probably wont be them. Theyll probably be very careful in the future and they probably only drink on weekends.

With the amount of times Harry drinks, the distance from home he often is, and how often he likely drinks and drives...there is actually a decent chance he WILL hurt or Kill someone eventually

I mean Noisewater is right...look at the mugshot. He's looking like "Are you kidding me? This is a joke"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Oh.. they drank. I think they changed the rules to let the hosts drink during the last hour, or last segment though. After all, people shouldn't drink on the job, should they?

Harry just got a two year extension recently didn't he?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
312player wrote:
i thought mac had said that when hosting espn employees were not allowed to drink, no?

That rule was probably just for Mac. ESPN held him down.

Thats while hosting a show

Doing an event is different. They drink.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
The scary part of a dui is the money

It costs a lot to just go thru all the legal stuff

To a guy like Harry, it means taking cabs for six months

He will be back to drinkin and drivin by september

OK...speaking from experience...DUI's are no fun and yes, costs a few bucks. First time I was stopped the case was dropped for lack of evidence. Second time...not so lucky and got supervision, etc. I've learned my lesson and yes it cost me several thousand dollars. The money part sucked of course....but there are two over riding factors that caused me to stop. One is...my record now. I can get pulled over coming out of church and the "copper" knows my history exactly....they are making me do the stupid human tricks regardless of the circumstances. The second one is...had to sit through a victim awareness program and that is an eye opener. Honestly I felt great sympathy for the victims and their families...who wouldn't? In my case(s) there were no accidents or victims thank god...just speeding. So what really "spoke to me" at the program was the drunk drivers side of the story. How it affected their family, their jobs / careers, their financial impact, etc... I related to that more and use that as my basis to never drink and drive again. I also come right out and mention my DUI so buddies/people aren't pushing you to have one more...or have a shot or do this, etc....Fuck No...I'm driving!!

I won't try to lecture anyone because I know how it is. My experience sucked and thankfully all it cost me was some hard earned cash.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Thats while hosting a show

Doing an event is different. They drink.

And the remotes are sponsored by the beer companies. So there is generally a bucket of Miller or Bud on the table for the hosts as well as a special for the bar patrons.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
there are companies that you can pay like 40$ and they will drive your car home(up to like 30 miles i believe) and someone follows them and u ride shotgun in your own car.. so better than a cab , when u wake up hungover and try to remember where car is, then retrieve it. no excuses for harry he has enough money or an intern to drive his fat ass around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Spaulding wrote:
Well, Woody was right...It was May 2007 because I was 5 months pregnant. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11879

This was only a matter of time and he is lucky he didn't or hasn't injured himself or somebody else to this point. On one hand I do feel bad for him. He has a problem with alcohol and it is (negatively) affecting his life. I don't care how much money he has it's got to be sad for his wife and kids for him to be out a couple nights a week getting smashed. On the other hand he makes terrible decisions and he has done this a lot. Hell they could probably wait for him in his driveway 3 times a week and nail him everytime.You reap what you sow at some point. Really glad nobody has been hurt. It's sad but totally expected and for sometime.

Frank what you are arguing and what Harry does on a consistent basis are totally different. You've seen me drunk and not driving and you've seen me choose to say sober when I am driving. It's not that hard to make a choice but I don't have a problem with alcohol. This is also why I'm not a huge fan of people buying me drinks.

ASFBob, could his money and connections get him out of this? I'd think it would be easier than what you are saying.

Spaulding......there is no way money and connections get him out of this.....He has a lawyer brother who does a lot of DUI work, but you NEVER want to represent family.....this isn't the 70s or early 80s with no breath tests.....Harry becomes a heater case because of his celebrity...he will be treated as any first time offender would. Judges just don't toss these cases out unless he actually beats the case.....and these reports indicate he won't.
Harry also has the misfortune of appearing in the Skokie Courthouse.....A lot of lawyers are huge sports fans....He isn't just walking around up there incognito.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:50 pm 

People forget that after a few belts, you can doze off at the wheel....especially late at night after long distances......and then some really bad shit can happen.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
the MJH guys would drink in the last hour of the show. Sometime in late 2006 I remember that being curbed and they would have to wait until after the show. Later, I recall that rule loosening up a bit, but only like the last 15 minutes of the show. It would really depend on if Adam Delevit or Justin Craig were in the building. When they were, the rules were stretched a bit.

"When in doubt...take a horse" ~ Dan Bernstein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:03 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I don't understand how these guys don't get livery service written into their contracts for remote appearances. It would end up being $100 max and saves both the station and the host problems.

Harry had a .131 after driving from Joliet to the northern suburbs. As a fellow fatty, I can almost guarantee you that he stopped off for some fast food during the ride home. He was probably much more drunk when he got behind the wheel.

Not necessarily...from reading tox reports all of these years it takes a while from your last drink for your blood alcohol level to peak.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:05 pm 

got to remember guy weighs 400 lbs, that is lotta booze. love to hear the bad jokes he was crackin in the squad car

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:06 pm 

The one thing that will change about Harry's life now is that other people will be more aware when he is drinking. His bosses will have a legitimate reason to tell him to slow down at remotes. Fans will be less likely to drink with him.

The DUI is really only a minor problem with Harry. The major problem is why he feels the need to drink several times per week and get shit faced every time he drinks. I've seen Harry out at Bernie's and O'Hagen's. He always makes it known that he is Harry and that he'd like to drink with you. In some people that is a great quality. In Harry, it just seems like a person with low self esteem who is trying to buy friends...like a high school kid who drives everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don't they make you have a sobriety blow tube in your car to start it up after a DUI? Is this Harry's first DUI? I find that hard to believe. I think after 3, they take your licence away.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:08 pm 

On a good note, Harry looks like he lost a ton of weight in that picture.

Also, that guy must have an incredibly strong pimp hand. It's tough to get the free pass to go out a couple of times a month, let alone per week. It's not even worth it to drink heavily when you know you will be awakened early the next morning. It looks like Harry doesn't have those domestic issues. Good for him.

Last edited by good dolphin on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:09 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
The one thing that will change about Harry's life now is that other people will be more aware when he is drinking. His bosses will have a legitimate reason to tell him to slow down at remotes. Fans will be less likely to drink with him.

The DUI is really only a minor problem with Harry. The major problem is why he feels the need to drink several times per week and get shit faced every time he drinks. I've seen Harry out at Bernie's and O'Hagen's. He always makes it known that he is Harry and that he'd like to drink with you. In some people that is a great quality. In Harry, it just seems like a person with low self esteem who is trying to buy friends...like a high school kid who drives everyone.

like a fat rich spoiled brat that is unattractive and wants to make people laugh at him while trying to fit in?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

This won't change Harry. He allegedly pissed his pants in the Sox clubhouse and felt no shame. He thinks it's cute and funny. He's 50. The only thing that will change him is if he crashes the car or if Daddy takes him out of the trust fund.

1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Not too go off on another tangent, but sports viewing and alcohol consumption have always been an unholy alliance. While I am not blaming ESPN or WSCR for holding remotes in bars, it is pretty unfortunate that 98% of the time it is the case. I'm sorry, but if I am in a bar it is very difficult for me to not get a beer or two... especially if I am going to sit there for 3 hours listening to a radio show.

It's the whole premise of alcohol marketing anyway: we're not telling you to drink a six pack at a bar, but we're also not saying you can't.

1000 CLUB

Everyone on this board should probably have a DUI except the non drinkers and non vehicle owners. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Harry's first. If it isn't...then, wow.

He doesn't weigh 400 pounds...Jurko doesn't weigh 400 pounds.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:12 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:

Don't tell me that they're up to 500 now... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Everyone on this board should probably have a DUI except the non drinkers and non vehicle owners. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Harry's first. If it isn't...then, wow.

Harry wasn't a public figure until 2000 or so. He could have very easily gotten a few DUIs when he wasn't on the radio. They wouldn't have made the papers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:14 pm 

Everyone on this board should probably have a DUI except the non drinkers and non vehicle owners. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Harry's first. If it isn't...then, wow. .

Most have readily admitted that. As Dr. Ken wrote, it becomes less rare when you have a family and get past your 20s.

I think most people have been pretty respectful in their responses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:14 pm 

strong pimp hand? nah more like his old lady likes him gone or she wants his fat ass to crash n burn so she gets her hands on the loot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:15 pm 

Beardown wrote:

Harry wasn't a public figure until 2000 or so. He could have very easily gotten a few DUIs when he wasn't on the radio. They wouldn't have made the papers.

He lived in Wrigley and drank in Wrigley his entire life. This moving to the suburbs has been the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:16 pm 

This is why I feel bad for him.....the high and mighty judgmental act just doesn't fly with me if people just want to cast stones at him....
EVERYBODY HAS FUCKED UP.......the thing is learn something from it.
He may be in a shitload of trouble with ESPN which likes to portray some sort of squeaky clean image.
Harry can drink as much as he wants at the Northwestern tailgates.....and walk home.....we had a lot of laughs.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Should have stayed on his horse.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown, you're forgetting about Up the Academy and Risky Business....and Harry and Spike and the Dahl years. :wink:
He's been around. It would've been reported.

My point is that if you are (by a miracle of nature) correct and he has more than one, my opinion drastically changes about him.

Dolphin: I agree with you. I was thinking aloud...by typing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I'm pretty sure Dahl had livery service written into his contract. He was always plugging Loop Limo after nights of drinking and snorting coke.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:19 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

He lived in Wrigley and drank in Wrigley his entire life. This moving to the suburbs has been the problem.

SLAM DUNK, GD.
Suburban Cops ALWAYS are looking for moving violations....and a DUI is icing on the cake...

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:19 pm 

The other thing he has to deal with is convincing the State that he doesn't drink that much that often. It's hard enough for the average Joe to do that, but harry has never hidden the fact that he drinks quite often. By the states standards Harry is an alchoholic. It just takes one prosecuter or one person that looks at his case and knows who he is and he's screwed.

When you get a DUI they give you a test at the court house that determines what level risk you are. Harry will be considered a significant risk if he tells the truth about his drinking habbits. If he doesn't tell the truth. and gets caught lying, which is possible, he's incrediblally screwed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I've never met the guy, but from what you guys say on the board paints a picture of someone who is fun-loving, although to an excess.

It is also unfortunate that now so many people in the area (and beyond) now know about his DUI due to the nature of his job. It probably doesn't bother him as much, but if my employer made it publicly known that I just got busted... hell, my career would be over in an instant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next