It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Carmen and Jurko will move to Noon starting Monday (Kap going to 9 am).

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/88 ... urko-times

Carmen filled in with Silvy this week since since Waddle is on vacation. Kind of interesting to see how their careers have gone since they were young and came up together. First Silvy was getting passed up and stuck with crap partners while Carmen replaced Mac. And now they've gone in opposite directions as Silvy rakes in the big money.

I feel a little bad for Carmen. I listen now and then. The show is a bit vanilla (they still do the dumb Birthday segment, and now they lose an hour, hopefully they axe that), but overall it's not that bad, has some funny moments, but probably nobody listens except for a few niche fans . Jurko isn't engaged most of the time, though sometimes that makes it funny, part of the character. I wonder if they're pissed about losing an hour, or change anything up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I've never liked Defalco, so God damn boring..he should be nervous.. Jurko is set up for life, he doesn't give a shit..his NFL pension is gotta be 200k yearly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
If a radio show loses an hour and nobody is there to listen to it, does it make a sound?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
shoutouts for spelling losing right. I always have a problem with that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Don Tiny wrote:
If a radio show loses an hour and nobody is there to listen to it, does it make a sound?

They are drawing better ratings than their opposites at 670.

The change in programing wouldn't be happening if it weren't for Kaplan's CSN commitment meaning he is only available in the morning for radio.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

It'll be interesting, as much as people dislike Kap, he probably draws a bunch of weirdo fans (like random Cub fan seniors). If people hate Carmen and Jurko at noon, I wonder if some people will switch to 670 and screw Waddle and Silvy's lead-in.

Makes me wonder about the future of this show. Could see them switching to a national show (Today they're doing a national Dickerson/Hood show at noon focusing on college basketball and it made me switch the dial). Could also see Jurko leaving after his contract and hanging out with Mac or just doing something else, and Carm staying on with some young hosts or at night if they want to keep him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think this signifies that ESPN 1000 is close to launching Carm and Jurko.

This is their 2nd demotion. From afternoons, to middays, to now a 2 hour show at less important hours.

Carm is by far the worst talk show host of all the sports talkers. ESPN 1000 knows it. Jurko is just a character. He might do well with a better driver.