It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Show must go on
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:36 pm 

Alright conspiracy theorists, MJH's take on the Cub-Cards cancellation is "the show must go on."

Is this a veiled reference to the demise of the juggernaut that was Woodridge Ryan's second favorite show???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

PLAAAEASE.. Mac's the guy who couldn't make it in after the Sox won it all and he's saying the show must go on ."Who ya Crappin" has taken a whole new meaning .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
what was Woodridge Ryan's first favorite show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac - Indiana Snow and a Sox WS hang over are good reasons to miss a show.

Mac - Death of Jurko and Harry not a good reason.

Mac hates that WS thing thrown in his face. He apologized and said he regrets that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:52 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Mac - Death of Jurko and Harry not a good reason.

Harry dies several times a day on air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:53 pm 

Quote:
what was Woodridge Ryan's first favorite show?

Um, I'm pretty sure it was Carm and Silvy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Beardown wrote:
Mac -Mac hates that WS thing thrown in his face. He apologized and said he regrets that.

The White Sox will have to win another one in order for Mac to clear his patio clean on this one Bear. I don't see that happening for quite some time .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 pm 

Fall 2007 is not that far off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
Is this a veiled reference to the demise of the juggernaut that was Woodridge Ryan's second favorite show???

what WAS my second favorite :?:

So confused :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:00 pm 

WR- Rosey and Sean of course

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
They have just lost me as a listener. Couldnt believe what I was hearing. All 3 wanted the game to be played last nite? Wow. With the other goofs still on in the afternoons I guess Im stuck with Roe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
The Salisbury & Rosenbloom show died today and they were able to do their show. MJ&H are such pillars of strength.

I don't think you could expect the Cardnials to play after their teammate died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah I'm not with Mac on this one. Just because YOU could work the morning after a co worker died doesn't mean that others should be forced to. Especially when they just went through a similar situation just a few years ago. Giving the guys one day to collect themselves is not too much to ask. IMO the topic shouldn't have even been brought up unless it was to offer condolences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
so by MJH's logic, VA Tech should have had classes 2 tuesdays ago to get back to normalcy.

i could see if the cards cancelled like an entire homestand, thats overdoing it. but cancelleing yesterdays game was the right thing to do. even if they had played it, the cards certainly wouldnt have been in the game and probably lost. you cant expect this guys' friends an teamates to be focused and ready to play a friggin game just hours after they had lost a teammate.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

If the Sox can call a rainout 4 hours before gametime when it isn't really raining, the Cards can cancel a game 12 hours in advance when a player is killed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Quote:
If the Sox can call a rainout 4 hours before gametime when it isn't really raining, the Cards can cancel a game 12 hours in advance when a player is killed.

Well said Doug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I tire of this discussion. This is bad radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding I just came here to post the exact same thing. MJH, even if you are correct about this (which you aren't) it is still BAD RADIO. It was 1 of 162 regular season baseball games on a day that the Sox played and the Bulls swept the defending champions, and the defending NFC champions completed their draft. Why the hell are you wasting what could be great radio time on this stupid ass subject. Enough already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:01 pm 

I'm tired of it, too, Spaulding. What tires me more is a meatball comment like STU-GOTZ's... likening my absence after the Sox won the series to a game being canceled. The show went on that day, just without me. Besides ... what does one have to do with the other? Pretzel logic, I say. And I'm a bit surprised by Frank Coztansa's take on this as well. Virginia Tech was victimized by the biggest (gun) mass murder in American history and you want to compare it to Josh Hancock's tragic automobile accident? Ridiculous. I don't expect many to agree with us on this topic, but your analogies miss the mark horribly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. No, Salisbury and Rosenbloom not even remotely close to ever being my favorite show.

2. This may be the dumbest thing we have ever heard come out of this show. I'd almost venture to say that next time they ask for low moments, this discussion belongs here just because its a stupid argument and as someone else has said, bad radio. I'll also go with Hawkeye in saying Doug hit it right on the head.

How do you explain yourself now Mackey Fish? God forbid the White Sox try to play a game with a few guys hurt. Better make up this idea of rain postponing a game...but hey, a teammate dies...Mac says PLAY BALL!

Dumb...Dumb..Dumb...Did the three of you lose a bet to Salisbury before he took off? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

SOX!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:06 pm 

I think it's funny that Stu seems to really get under Dan's skin. Do you guys have a history other than greco-roman wrestling at barely division 1 football games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

good call good, dolphin. Mac really hasn't gotten irritated by any of the goofballs on this board, but STU GOTZ really gets to him. STU GOTZ, you have to go to the Manniversary event on Wednesday just so I can see that confrontation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:08 pm 

Mac wrote:
I'm tired of it, too, .

I'm about 15 minutes away from leaving work. I would be most obliged if you did not mention the subject after 5:30...Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't think it's bad radio. But then I'm no expert on radio.

I disagree with their "the show must go on" discussion and think that despite their protestations to the contrary, they really do give too much importance to entertainment over human life. But had they stopped there it would have been a point of disagreement and little else.

But Harry couldn't stop there. He had to add his utterly ridiculous two cents to it. In his best impersonation of Terence Mann, Harry made the claim that baseball was so "important to the fabric of our society" and related its importance to families in divorce and bringing fathers and sons together. Next thing you know, Harry will tell us that baseball cures cancer, is the answer to Middle East peace and ought to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

It's a GAME boys. And GAMES are by definition, second in importance to real life. But to Harry, it's not a game...it's the cure for everything that's wrong with society. Talk about somebody who has lost perspective.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:16 pm 

Now WR wants to compare it to the Sox canceling the game last week for weather. Totally unrelated to this. The Sox were pussies for canceling the game because they had injuries. I said that. What this has to do with the Cubs-Cardinals is beyond me. You guys - and gals - say we've done some bad radio today. Okay. I'll accept that. Back at'cha. You've done some bad posting today, too. Think before you put fingers to keyboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just logging in from my drive. I thought the Samardzija interview was great. He's probably more witty that Dr. Ken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
good dolphin wrote:
I think it's funny that Stu seems to really get under Dan's skin. Do you guys have a history other than greco-roman wrestling at barely division 1 football games.

The past is for cowards and loosers.. I got under Mac's skin at the Shoeless Joe's remote 2 years ago .

I knew the Sox comment would get a rise out of him . I love Danny Mac. I bust balls because I love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yea, I won't disagree that the analogy doesn't carry much weight since they are two different things and I didn't know you're stance on it. But it was the White Sox and we Cubs fans have too little of chances to bash.

On to the matter, I just don't get why you guys think it makes sense to play that game? The Cubs and Cardinals still play each other what? some 12 more time or so this year? This isn't a necessity to get this game done unlike a random Cubs Mariners interleague game. There's no urgency to have that game done Sunday with something like that happened. I hate to do this to you Mac, but would you change your mind if the player was say, Albert Pujols, Derrek Lee, or Tony LaRussa? I just wonder if you are blowing it off somewhat due to who the Cardinal figure is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac whether our posts are good or not on this subject, I still ask from my previous post "It was 1 of 162 regular season baseball games on a day that the Sox played and the Bulls swept the defending champions, and the defending NFC champions completed their draft"

There are better things to talk about today and those parts of the show have been great today. This isn't the waste land of sports radio like what we have between the Super Bowl and Spring Training. A lot is happening right now and there are great things to talk about. Why waste time on something so meaningless (I'm talking about not playing the game and NOT the death of this player).