It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:30 am 

it was funny as hell ,she made him look like a fool ,making fun of j. dickerson on that horrible sunday nite nbc show with dan hampton.enen the danimal was laughing at jd. paula farris is a no talent female "sportscaster" who laid the smackdown on jd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:08 am 

???????????? I watched half the show and I have no idea what you are talking about.
That show is horrible, but it wasn't because of Zaidman or JD or any of the other guests.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:10 am 
1000 CLUB

First time caller ought to be "Last time Poster" .Brings about as much to the board as Linda S. Im sure it's Finji or Zedderman busting balls.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I dont get it: I thought it was Mac and Bernsie every week? So now it is just a member of WMVP vs a member of WSCR with Danimal playing the role of Jurko?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I think Danimal has a better grasp of the English language. Not that thats saying much compared to Jurk. They should get Bruce Levine on there.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:27 pm 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
First time caller ought to be "Last time Poster" .Brings about as much to the board as Linda S. Im sure it's Finji or Zedderman busting balls.

i can tell your a fan of these guys, by the way you use their cute nicknames..... but watch the show on sunday nite and you will see p. farris making fun of "YOUR BUDDY" . she even made dan hampton laugh at your boy ..............

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

FIRST TIME CALLER wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:

i can tell your a fan of these guys, by the way you use their cute nicknames..... but watch the show on sunday nite and you will see p. farris making fun of "YOUR BUDDY" . she even made dan hampton laugh at your boy ..............

Thanks Linda...I'll take it under advisement.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I bet J.D. couldn't get a word in edgewise, and probably won't be invited back on that train wreck of a Sunday night show...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

I really think they should scrap the radio professionals, and let Dan Hampton lay the smack down on the Bears defense, calling them cowards, out of shape, etc - and then let the donnybrook ensue between Danimal and the security shirt wearing Lance Briggs.

I put my money on Hampton. He's old school.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:56 pm 

The Gridiron Assassin wrote:
I really think they should scrap the radio professionals, and let Dan Hampton lay the smack down on the Bears defense, calling them cowards, out of shape, etc - and then let the donnybrook ensue between Danimal and the security shirt wearing Lance Briggs.

Hey Grid...Did Lance Briggs steal the shirt he was wearing from Dennis Rodman when he was here? :lol: While J.D., Zach Zaidman, Dan Hampton & Daryl Hawks all had suits, shirts & ties on, Briggs looked like a nightclub bouncer in jeans & a button down shirt...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Are there any clips from this show either on the NBC 5 WEBSITE OR YOUTUBE? You would think with a trainwreck like this show you would have somebody getting clips from it.

Slingbox anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

SHARK wrote:

Hey Grid...Did Lance Briggs steal the shirt he was wearing from Dennis Rodman when he was here? :lol: While J.D., Zach Zaidman, Dan Hampton & Daryl Hawks all had suits, shirts & ties on, Briggs looked like a nightclub bouncer in jeans & a button down shirt...

Don't forget... dress shoes with no socks also. What a guy.

AT LEAST Briggs has been playing well this year. Can't say the same for the other guys who got contract extensions: Gould (cost them the game this week also with a missed FG), Tommie Harris (Tommie can you hear me?), Brian Urlacher (rather pedestrian so far imho), Hester (hurt). Alex Brown got flipped a bone too... he's been doing alright so far. He just threw his secondary under the bus in the Daily Herald though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

I heard Daryl Hawks say something to Briggs last night - Could you explain it to the viewers who haven't played the game like us.

Then I got to wondering. WHO exactly is this butt nugget that can't annunciate cognizant teleprompter sentences?

Here you go - look at how much 'football experience' he has to relate to Lance Briggs:

ImageImage

Sports have always been a part of Daryl’s life. He dreamed of one day not only playing professional sports but also of covering sports as a journalist.

Born and raised in Buffalo, New York, Daryl graduated from Buffalo State College with a degree in broadcast journalism. He survived boot camp at Paris Island in 1990 and went on to serve his country in the Marine Corps. He then took a chance at his childhood dream of playing professional football and enjoyed a stint with the Lockport Invaders semi-pro team in New York.

He began his broadcasting career as a news photographer and reporter in Palm Springs. Soon after, he was promoted to sports reporter and eventually became a full-time sports anchor. His career then took him across the country to Jacksonville, Florida and Raleigh, North Carolina, where he worked until calling the Bay Area and NBC11 home.

Daryl has covered nearly every major sporting event imaginable including Super Bowls, the Olympics, college football and basketball national championships, as well as the Rose, Sugar and Orange Bowls, the Daytona 500, and major golf and tennis championships such as the PGA Tour’s Players Championship and The Skins Game.

Daryl and his wife Sandra love fine wine and very much enjoy trying new restaurants. But Daryl is a true sports fanatic, and in his spare time you can find him swimming, skiing, playing golf, working out and spending time outdoors with his wife and daughter. Daryl is also an active mentor in Junior Achievement helping local young people prepare for their future.

That being said, he's actually an upgrade over some of the NBC5 (cough) talent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

I heard Daryl Hawks say something to Briggs last night - Could you explain it to the viewers who haven't played the game like us.

Then I got to wondering. WHO exactly is this butt nugget that can't annunciate cognizant teleprompter sentences?

Quote:
Here you go - look at how much 'football experience' he has to relate to Lance Briggs:

ImageImage

[Daryl and his wife Sandra love fine wine and very much enjoy trying new restaurants. But Daryl is a true sports fanatic, and in his spare time you can find him swimming, skiing, playing golf, working out and spending time outdoors with his wife and daughter. Daryl is also an active mentor in Junior Achievement helping local young people prepare for their future. [/i]

That being said, he's actually an upgrade over some of the NBC5 (cough) talent.

By the looks of his hobbies you'd think his name would be Ethan Hawks. I know a ton of brothers and swimming , Golf and Sking arent on the top of the brothers list.

I think Daryl is the long lost brother of this man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwPVSvTA ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

You guys notice that NBC 5 feels it always has to go with a "black lead sports anchor"? Don't care. I just find it curious.

1. The black guy that now is on "Entertainment Tonight".

2. The black guy that died.

3. The black guy that went to CBS 2

4. Now this new black guy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

I was pretty bummed about the black guy that died. Prior to joining NBC5, he did a lot of behind the scenes work with The George Michael Sports Machine.

Dan McNeil correctly points out Darrian Chapman was the black Tom Shaer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:50 pm 

I was pretty bummed about the black guy that died. Prior to joining NBC5, he did a lot of behind the scenes work with The George Michael Sports Machine.

Dan McNeil correctly points out Darrian Chapman was the black Tom Shaer.

is that a good thing or a bad thing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:51 pm 

Beardown wrote:
You guys notice that NBC 5 feels it always has to go with a "black lead sports anchor"? Don't care. I just find it curious.

that black guy isn't on et he's on extra and the mole. jon kelley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ok. Extra/ET. Same thing.

Anyway, I thought NBC 5 made a mistake by not making Paula their lead sports anchor. She's back to Field Reporter.

Come 10:20 I always flip to 2,5 or 7. I randomly picked one of them to watch. It never mattered. But after Ryan Baker quit Paula was the main anchor. I would flip to 5, see if she was there, and watch her. NBC 5 would have won that sports cast battle if they gave her the job.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:35 pm 

:lol: Grid called the guy a "butt nugget" :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sure beats a ganklebanker

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... utt+nugget

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:20 pm 

rich farmsystem wrote:
Beardown wrote:

that black guy isn't on et he's on extra and the mole. jon kelley
For the record, NBC 5 does NOT have a lead sports anchor, but believes in the team approach to sports coverage. Daryl Hawks, Paula Faris, Mike Adamle, Peggy Kusinski & Bruce Wolf have all been rotating as sports anchors on its newscasts since Ryan Baker switched channels and joined CBS 2 earlier this year. Finally, someone mentioned a former sportscaster on "Entertainment Tonight" in an earlier post...That would be ex-ESPN & FSN anchor Kevin Frazier... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:22 pm 

does anyone think peggy kosinski on channel five sports looks like herman munster??
just wondering............

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Beardown wrote:

beardown, I love ya but you bring up race more than often... :?:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:16 pm 

FIRST TIME CALLER wrote:
does anyone think peggy kosinski on channel five sports looks like herman munster??
just wondering............

When Kevin Matthews hosted middays on AM 1000 back in the early '90s, Peggy was the show's news anchor, and Kev made fun of Peggy's voice. As for who Peggy looks like, think actress Ruth Buzzi. Her lovechildren are on the "MJH" page at espnradio1000.com. As for "Herman Munster", I thought Herm was awfully tall back in the '60s when "The Munsters" was on...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

You gotta give Peggy a little credit. Most women in broadcasting, especially in TV, are hired because they are hot pieces of ass. Peggy certainly wasn't hired for that. Must have been for her broadcasting skills or something insignificant like that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:29 pm 

Beardown wrote:
You gotta give Peggy a little credit. Most women in broadcasting, especially in TV, are hired because they are hot pieces of ass. Peggy certainly wasn't hired for that. Must have been for her broadcasting skills or something insignificant like that.

Beardown, I agree with you about Peggy. She was a producer at ESPN behind the scenes before becoming a sportscaster, and I don't think the folks in Bristol, CT hire women strictly for their appearance. It's substance over style at "The Worldwide Leader in Sports"... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I hope that's sarcastic, SHARK. Otherwise, you need to explain Erin Andrews and just about every woman that works in front of the camera, except perahps Linda.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

ESPN has some unattractive women. Linda Cone. That big blond women reporter that looks like Dan McNeil. The man-like broad on "Cold Pizza" that slugs Vodka out of the bottle and swears like a sailor.

They hire their share of "bull dykes". Gotta give that to them. They are inclusive.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:39 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
I hope that's sarcastic, SHARK. Otherwise, you need to explain Erin Andrews and just about every woman that works in front of the camera, except perahps Linda.

Touche, City...That's the way it used to be in Bristol, CT. With Erin Andrews, Colleen Dominguez & Rachel Nichols now, I wonder if it's now style over substance at ESPN... :wink: