It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
spmack wrote:
Yeah the new GF also makes fun of me for having "internet friends", especially when I told her that I invited a few of you to watch the De La Hoya fight last year at my house. I'm going to make her come out to one of these things soon.

bring her out for the hoops event...she can see your mad skills...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You should just make your sigline about the Hoops event, it would save you typing and me reading.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You should just make your sigline about the Hoops event, it would save you typing and me reading.

yeah...cause I've made a habit of posting in other threads about the event...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Giordano's (Stuffed)
My girlfriend couldn't possibly understand that I was included in a sports radio message board hall of fame and that someone was going to making an induction "speech" on my behalf.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Martin wrote:
My girlfriend couldn't possibly understand that I was included in a sports radio message board hall of fame and that someone was going to making an induction "speech" on my behalf.

Your fault for telling her.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:57 am 

Martin wrote:
My girlfriend .

lie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
Martin wrote:
My girlfriend .

lie

:lol: is this 2005 again GD?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:03 am 
1000 CLUB

group hug needed? have fun guys. Most of you know your shit. Mac seems like the real deal. I had no idea he "hangs" with some of you all. no offense but I'll continue to cowardly hide behind the annonimity of my screen name. I live way too far away to attend but I'm sure it would be a good time. I know that hurts you all but I do have the utmost respect for most on the board. Mac has made this board legit by being a regular contributor. HE SHOULD NEVER BE LOOKED DOWN UPON FOR DOING SO.

Will you be my penpal Mac?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well stated, Mac. You are a friend to many here and you also are actually not just a member of the group, but a facilitator in building the bonds among the group. I've met several board members on a handful of occasions, and every time it was at an MJH remote or outing. Providing a forum where we can all support Adam and toast Julie through this great and growing circle of friends is a wonderful idea. Thanks for taking the lead.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:00 pm 

Agree 100%, I often have been around reading this board and felt like this was the time to register and become a part of it. I have loved MJH since it started and actually was an intern in the fabolous promotions department 2 summers ago (that was sarcasm my friends) I love when Mac takes a stab at that group, hints my name on this board, Jurko loved calling him Lugnut, but thats all besides the point, Mac has been a stand up guy through it all and thats why I love him running the show and posting on here it shows a certain amount of accountability as well as showing some respect for the guys who have been along for much of the ride. I look forward to the funny moments ont his board but also getting to more remotes and putting faces to the board!

RIP
HHJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:48 am 

Mac wrote:
A few co-workers looked at me cross-eyed 10 years or so ago when I said I spend time socially with listeners I met through the show. "Creepy" is how it was described by one.

I refuse to apologize for my friends. Golfing with 3 Putt Gene in South Carolina was one of the most gut-busting trips I've ever taken. Slapshot Ed and I have been to each other's houses numerous times and are considering partnering on Hawks tickets. Oak Park Vandy and I have been to Vegas... to Austin, Tex. to see the 'Horns. Golfboy (Scorehead 84) have done all that and more... like the NFC Championship in San Francisco in '98. HPK also went. So did Maureen McCormick. I wrestled STU-GOTZ at Ryan Field. When asked, I tried to give Woodridge Ryan a bit of direction with his career desires. Gridiron and I are in a fantasy league together and e-mail almost every day. Elmhurst Steve's buddy, Rich, who I met at the ill-fated Manniversary, recently did a construction project at my house (I don't go to Lowe's to "Do It Yourself.")

I could keep writing, but I think the point has been made (and I apologize to those I missed).
It has been my good fortune to get to know so many funny, good-hearted people through my silly radio shows. I won't apologize for that. I am grateful for it.

This leads me to our upcoming outing to honor HHJ. I've read every post about it -- twice -- and it's obvious this "community" has been brought together in a way that defines the human condition. I hope to see a lot of you a this outing. I'd like to meet the "men behind the curtain" on some of the mystery posters. That especially means you, Good Dolphin, though I suspect we have met on many occasions. Beardown, you in? City of Fools, are we gonna talk about the new era with the Hawks? Score Is Doomed, you gonna help me be more interesting?

The evolution of electronic communication has made it possible for saloonites to exceed the "fraternity" possibilities reached by the old "Scoreheads" in the early '90s. This is a good group. I thank all of you for words of support about Patrick, for compliments and criticisms of the show, and for forming an electronic circle of "friends" that is real. I feel really good about being a participant... and for those in my business who look down their nose at something like that... I feel sorry for them they're missing out on the chance to make more friends. Nobody can have too many friends.

Easy on the Maureen Mc Cormick stuff!!! And don't forget about the offensive line blocking instruction you gave Baby Kucoc at........uh.....what's da name of da joint Bee? Dakotas!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:53 am 

Hey mac and all - I don't post here very often, as evidenced by my post count, but I am a faithful MJH listener and old scorehead too, with fond memories of days of Raffy, Steve-O and Pluto from Evanston and the like. Additionally I've navigated a message board or two in my time, and I've definitely made great friends from guys I met talking on different boards. Sure you wind up meeting your share of duds through the internet world but just like face to face meetings, the wheat separates from the chaff, you figure out who your guys are and go from there. Anyone who thinks it is weird probably doesn't know 'a' from 's' on their keyboard, and can't appreciate the fun in wasting a little bandwith getting to know other folk that you otherwise would probably never know.

Lastly, I am sorry for everyone's loss here and I am sure you all will enjoy each other's company as a solid support network. Peace to HHJ - Mac keep on keepin' it real, your on-air tribute last week was quite moving and as someone who has lurked here some in the past, it moved me quite a bit as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:02 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
I did attend a remote at BWW Round Lake Beach a year or two ago, but I mostly hung back in isolation with another buddy. I think I had only been on the board a short time at that point. The place was jammed for the remote. I also did one of the first MJH remotes at the Cell... it was a rainy afternoon and the game never even started. At the time, I had no idea the guys would have been that approachable. Jeez, this goes back to the year David Wells was here (ugh). I should have stepped up and introduced myself to Mac. After all, I must have been one of the most pressing individuals on getting the return of Button 48.

I'll definitely try and make whatever remote is setup for Julie. Very few women seem to really "get" guys like she did and i regret never meeting her in person. "I need to do my job A LOT better."

My wife defintiely makes fun of me for the message board and thinks I'll meet a 'stalker', but oh well. I'm sury Harry will defend me and tell any kind of potential attacker to "kiss his sack."

Jesus, why are the "Trolls" continuing to follow us wherever we go......WTF!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:04 pm 

Ronnie Lugnut wrote:
Agree 100%, I often have been around reading this board and felt like this was the time to register and become a part of it. I have loved MJH since it started and actually was an intern in the fabolous promotions department 2 summers ago (that was sarcasm my friends) I love when Mac takes a stab at that group, hints my name on this board, Jurko loved calling him Lugnut, but thats all besides the point, Mac has been a stand up guy through it all and thats why I love him running the show and posting on here it shows a certain amount of accountability as well as showing some respect for the guys who have been along for much of the ride. I look forward to the funny moments ont his board but also getting to more remotes and putting faces to the board!

RIP
HHJ

Damn! More "Trolls", stay in the back at each remote!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Imagine trying to explain it to a girl you just started dating and then I have to explain I started this thing. I usually wait until after we have had sex. Well not right after we have sex....I give it 2 or 3 minutes

"Well ya see it's a website. and there's a whole bunch of people that use it and talk about some sports stuff and other things, and then these guys on the radio talk about it....and ughhh.....OK,,,,take care.....Can I call you?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:30 am 

[quote="bigfan"]Imagine trying to explain it to a girl you just started dating and then I have to explain I started this thing. I usually wait until after we have had sex. Well not right after we have sex....I give it 2 or 3 minutes

quote]

Of course not, it takes those 2 or 3 minutes to order the pizza.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
Does this have a date, place and time yet?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:52 pm 

I find myself apologizing for my friends all the time.....to the police, fire dept, coast guard and sometimes churches.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Mac wrote:
A few co-workers looked at me cross-eyed 10 years or so ago when I said I spend time socially with listeners I met through the show. "Creepy" is how it was described by one.

I refuse to apologize for my friends. Golfing with 3 Putt Gene in South Carolina was one of the most gut-busting trips I've ever taken. Slapshot Ed and I have been to each other's houses numerous times and are considering partnering on Hawks tickets. Oak Park Vandy and I have been to Vegas... to Austin, Tex. to see the 'Horns. Golfboy (Scorehead 84) have done all that and more... like the NFC Championship in San Francisco in '98. HPK also went. So did Maureen McCormick. I wrestled STU-GOTZ at Ryan Field. When asked, I tried to give Woodridge Ryan a bit of direction with his career desires. Gridiron and I are in a fantasy league together and e-mail almost every day. Elmhurst Steve's buddy, Rich, who I met at the ill-fated Manniversary, recently did a construction project at my house (I don't go to Lowe's to "Do It Yourself.")

I could keep writing, but I think the point has been made (and I apologize to those I missed).
It has been my good fortune to get to know so many funny, good-hearted people through my silly radio shows. I won't apologize for that. I am grateful for it.

This leads me to our upcoming outing to honor HHJ. I've read every post about it -- twice -- and it's obvious this "community" has been brought together in a way that defines the human condition. I hope to see a lot of you a this outing. I'd like to meet the "men behind the curtain" on some of the mystery posters. That especially means you, Good Dolphin, though I suspect we have met on many occasions. Beardown, you in? City of Fools, are we gonna talk about the new era with the Hawks? Score Is Doomed, you gonna help me be more interesting?

The evolution of electronic communication has made it possible for saloonites to exceed the "fraternity" possibilities reached by the old "Scoreheads" in the early '90s. This is a good group. I thank all of you for words of support about Patrick, for compliments and criticisms of the show, and for forming an electronic circle of "friends" that is real. I feel really good about being a participant... and for those in my business who look down their nose at something like that... I feel sorry for them they're missing out on the chance to make more friends. Nobody can have too many friends.

:( Where have all the flowers gone?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
This thread feels like it's about 50 years old.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
I liked Mac back then too. I was surprised he was under 5' when I met him though. I could tell he was a Bears fan (or related to John Boehner).

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Now that we have a baseline, I think we can comfortably say that anybody and everybody that joined since October 19, 2008 is the reason the board now sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Sadly, Mac's commentary today on the board is accurate, IMHO.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Now that we have a baseline, I think we can comfortably say that anybody and everybody that joined since October 19, 2008 is the reason the board now sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
denisdman wrote:

What did he have to say?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:21 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
denisdman wrote:

What did he have to say?

He said that this board has gone downhill and that members just attack one another needlessly. I don't know about it going downhill, but I have noticed a lot of personal attacks among the members. He also said there was a lot of anger on the board. I am paraphrasing....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:22 pm 

denisdman wrote:
denisdman wrote:

What did he have to say?

He said that this board has gone downhill and that members just attack one another needlessly. I don't know about it going downhill, but I have noticed a lot of personal attacks among the members. He also said there was a lot of anger on the board. I am paraphrasing....
gfy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:24 pm 

denisdman wrote:

What did he have to say?

He said this place (specifically Redacted by name) has "degenerated into a place where people go to be miserable" mainly because we all attack each other without mercy on a personal level.

I think that's always been here. I believe Mac even commented that the hostility was good because "Hatred is the only thing that lasts" and it's useful to get it out from time to time. Guess he doesn't feel that way anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:25 pm 

I had to google gfy.....pretty funny response!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
This board is Disneyland compared to what it used to be.

The only thing that changed in regards to Mac is that people stopped liking him. When he first started posting he could have written "I like the color red" and there would have been 10 or 15 posts that said "that is SO TRUE!" or "that's why he's the best in the business." When people started posting criticisms--even mild criticisms--he'd get pissy and leave.

Actually, that's pretty much the pattern of all hosts that have posted here.