It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I had to google gfy.....pretty funny response!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
This board is Disneyland compared to what it used to be.

The only thing that changed in regards to Mac is that people stopped liking him. When he first started posting he could have written "I like the color red" and there would have been 10 or 15 posts that said "that is SO TRUE!" or "that's why he's the best in the business." When people started posting criticisms--even mild criticisms--he'd get pissy and leave.

Actually, that's pretty much the pattern of all hosts that have posted here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:26 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Sadly, Mac's commentary today on the board is accurate, IMHO.

What did he have to say?

He said this place (specifically Redacted by name) has "degenerated into a place where people go to be miserable" mainly because we all attack each other without mercy on a personal level.

I think that's always been here. I believe Mac even commented that the hostility was good because "Hatred is the only thing that lasts" and it's useful to get it out from time to time. Guess he doesn't feel that way anymore.

That's why I couldn't respond on the going downhill comment. I have been around a while but only active in the last year or so. But I have noted that it has been a place to vent against others. Some of that Degenerate Dave stuff will forever stick out in my mind.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Personally, I'm not a fan of the hostility...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
It's always been like that around here. If anything, it's much more tame now.

His tastes just changed. That's all he really needs to say. He could have kept the rest of that bullshit...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:29 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:

The only thing that changed in regards to Mac is that people stopped liking him. When he first started posting he could have written "I like the color red" and there would have been 10 or 15 posts that said "that is SO TRUE!" or "that's why he's the best in the business." When people started posting criticisms--even mild criticisms--he'd get pissy and leave.

Sorry I missed it. I love a good train wreck. All I know is that anger is pervasive around here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:31 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
denisdman wrote:
Sorry I missed it. I love a good train wreck. All I know is that anger is pervasive around here.

You could always find that if you wanted. What's different is that people are less interested in the radio shows so you tend to gravitate more to the threads with that activity. If you stick to radio show and sports threads, you don't see any more of that than you used to, probably a lot less.

General Discussion is always around if you want a fight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Irish Boy wrote:

In my case, I never stopped liking him, but that's only because I never liked him to begin with.
Wasn't this a helpful post?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:34 pm 

Take your hatred to Facebook and Twitter where you can be muzzled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:35 pm 

Mac has degenerated in a meatball of his former self. It is quite sad to see and will be a part of the ultimate downfall of his show.

I remember wishing that Mac would come back to the Score and I was thrilled to hear when he officially came back. But ever since he has started a downward spiral, so much so that Meatpants may actually be the better of the two on the show and that is saying A LOT!

As others have pointed out this place has always been like this and if anything it is tamer than in previous years. The board has not changed. Mac has changed, and not for the better. Stick to facebook and twitter Mac since you do not have the balls to make it around here anymore.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I must have missed the "Golden Age of Mac."

I wasn't able to listen to MJH so I had and have nothing to base my opinion on but I think the show is great.

You old-time MJH guys, tell me what was different back then. I just can't imagine Mac and/or the show content were that different back then.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
afternoon shows are just different.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
"I do not apologize for the actions of my friends" Been using it since college.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
There were people posting racial slurs on this board and a guy/girl following Bigfan around every thread calling him gay. I actually think the board is mild compared to what it used to be. That has more to do with people meeting.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:38 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:

Post of the year.

Ever since his "Punch the fucking button" tirade, he's pretty much been MIA on here. It's sad really. If everyone here that received criticism just stomped off like a baby throwing a tantrum, this board would have no active members.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
How many years have Mac been predicting the demise of this board? Somehow Bigfan continues to pay the bill and people continue posting.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Sadly, Mac's commentary today on the board is accurate, IMHO.

What did he have to say?

He said that this board has gone downhill and that members just attack one another needlessly. I don't know about it going downhill, but I have noticed a lot of personal attacks among the members. He also said there was a lot of anger on the board. I am paraphrasing....

the only thing that has gone downhill is the quality of that shitfest he calls a show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
IB and Ivan are right on the money.

The board hasn't changed. Daniel McNeil has changed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:54 am 

the board used to resemble what you see more often in "message boards" of years past. a lot of anonymous indulgence, like throwing out more insults as insensitive as possible. message boards have been cleaned up a lot in the last 5 years; they're more moderated and less controversial, although you can still find some that thrive on that.

i think what happened here is that the "anonymous" ones bailed and went somewhere else, and the rest of us got to know each other to the point where the "fighting" seems more contrived and a way to cure boredom rather than actually expressing thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:51 am 

I have censored my thoughts more in the past couple of years than I did in the beginning. I don't think my "board personality" is as funny as it used to be due to the change. I'm sure many others would disagree.

Anyway, this place is much softer than it was even when Mac first joined. Most of the battles are comparative pillow fights.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:16 am 

You're like when Carlin started doing Thomas The Tank Engine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:45 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
You're like when Carlin started doing Thomas The Tank Engine.

My youngest son hasn't been the same since Percy dropped the 7 bad words.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Krazy Ivan wrote:

His tastes just changed. That's all he really needs to say. He could have kept the rest of that bullshit...

Yep. I believe any negativity these days is contrived more than anything. "What can I post that will get people going?" It's very multish, which drives me away from time to time. That and work picking up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:31 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Yep. I believe any negativity these days is contrived more than anything. "What can I post that will get people going?" It's very multish, which drives me away from time to time. That and work picking up.

Quiet, hipster.

:o

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:47 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Peoria Matt wrote:
I must have missed the "Golden Age of Mac."

I wasn't able to listen to MJH so I had and have nothing to base my opinion on but I think the show is great.

You old-time MJH guys, tell me what was different back then. I just can't imagine Mac and/or the show content were that different back then.

I think what you have now is vanilla Mac, no real passion. He has no one in studio to keep him in check, just as there's no one in studio who punches his buttons (while Matt sometimes, mildly disagrees with him, Mac obviously regards him as a subordinate, so it doesn't generate the strong emotion you'd hear on MJH). With MJH, all of them would call each other's bullshit out. You had Jurco for comedy relief and Tiny was the one who could (and would) provoke either of the other two (the running joke was when would Mac's next suspension occur). I always got the sense that the show was constantly on edge, and it made for more interesting radio...at least for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Was the board better 2 years ago as some have suggested? Things are not quite the same... Who knows, perhaps it's more a product of lousy times for the teams in Chicago right now. The Bears are not gonna be a playoff team this year (may well be a losing team even). the Cubs and Sox both had losing seasons and look as if they will need a couple years before either can truely contend. The Bulls....well, they have to play NBA Basketball for them to matter. So that leaves the Hawks. Not a lot for a sports message board to hang their hat on. Especially when many people are not all that into the sport of Hockey. So maybe a lot of the malaise around these parts has more to do with that than it does substancial changes in the people that visit the site.