It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
In order for the Monster in the morning to be successful they need an audience!Since I leave for work at 5:30 am and so do a lot of others who is going to watch this? How many of you will be able to watch this????????????????????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don't quit your day job Mackey. They had your article above the urinial at a sports bar I had lunch at today and it really should of been on the back door of the shitter.

A bit of a fluff piece for you and your no Bobby Feder when it comes to the media in this town and if you were, you would of told us what Mancow is having for lunch today. :P

I could of named 10 other people you could of so called BB-Q that would of been a more compelling read and it goes in this order.

1. Lovie
2. Angelo
3. Babich
4. Da Bulls
5. Turner
6. Your Partner Harry -B&B BORISH?
7. This board
8. Blago
9.Sox rebuilding or the lack their of
10. Giving Milton Bradly 30 Million

Sorry to disappoint Uncle Fester but I can't back ya after this pile of crap .... :wink: :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:00 pm 

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Sasha Fierce wrote:
Older White Guy Danny Mac rips on 2 black sports guys at NBC5, maybe LH can turn it into a whole show on race!

LH: So this morning after I listened again to a tape of that FUN broadcast Zach did from his alma mater last night--that was SO cool!--I read the Danny Mac column in the Sun Times. Whoa, Mackey, rippin' on the brothers! Where 's that coming from?! And besides, how bad can NBC5 be? They hired that absolutely gorgeous Paula Farris. Anyway, as soon as I read it, I texted all my buddies and said, "Can you believe this guy?!" I wanna hear your thoughts on this; give us a call!
DH: Y-y-y-y-yeah, g-g-g-give us a call.

Haven't the last 4 (or more) main sportsmen at 5 been black? And only one of them was good? and he died?!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
good dolphin wrote:
"the city's second highest paid sports yakker"...I got that one!
Yeah...a not so subtle line to point out that he clears $750K :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's - Sausage
Kerry Sayers should be covering sports in Chicago, but Boyle and Schanowski are better than Boyle and Sayers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I think Mackie has a thing for blond chicks whose names end in -erry....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
In order for the Monster in the morning to be successful they need an audience!Since I leave for work at 5:30 am and so do a lot of others who is going to watch this? How many of you will be able to watch this????????????????????

The unemployed have time to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
And Oprahites

But still the emails will allegedly roll in!!

"Monsters, I love watching your show. I make it a part of every morning. I wake up an extra hour earlier now to watch. Keep up the great job you and Jen are doing."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:30 pm 

For a man who considers himself such a grilling efficianado, this BBQ is weak at best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
spmack wrote:
I think Mackie has a thing for blond chicks whose names end in -erry....

Is Boers a blonde? :shock:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:34 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
The unemployed have time to watch.

"Dat's right, an' wit da economy bad an' da number of unemployed increasin' every day, dere'll be a big audience fer my show. Dis is gonna be a gold mine, I tell ya!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:59 pm 

Location: A little town called none of your god-damned business
Yaaaawwwnnnnnn!!!!

Looks like the BBQ was cancelled and a weenie roast was held in its place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:03 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Tony Hawks is supposed to be calling in later.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Who sounded more the professional on the Hawks interview???? One guess it wasn't Mac! Who even had Jurko attack the guy. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
I'm with you although the constant laughing was stupid, it is not too classy to be throwing in those quick hits (English) (Paula). Just makes you sound like a bully, just to be a bully.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Who sounded more the professional on the Hawks interview???? One guess it wasn't Mac! Who even had Jurko attack the guy. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

A little disrespectful to the guy but I didn't expect Mac to back peddle on the guy and play nice. Hawks came away a winner as he had the balls to come on the air and took his beating like a man. Does it make him any better as a sportscaster ? No, but a bigger man and he gained some respect from his co-workers and other sportscasters around town.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
agreed. Good interview. Hawkes is still pretty bad, but he gained some respect from me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:30 pm 

So he gained respect of everyone by taking a beating from Mac? Kinda putting him on a pedistal here arent we? My problems with the winter classic had nothing to do with lack of HD or bad coverage. My problems was the Hawks got thumped.
Column wasn't bad, but promoting it as a BBQ then delivering that was a let down.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Deep dish - Giordano's
Regular - Nancys
Zederman needs to include the Hawks interview with Cowardly Lion from the Wiz of Oz soundbites in tomorrow's opening. Kudos to him for calling in but I wanted Mac to destroy him. Daryl's an idiot.

Quote:
"Mac" I've heard from Hollywood insiders that Jodie Foster is Asexual

Quote:
"Jurko" A sexual what Mac? ,,,,,,,Dynamo??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Vincent Antonelli wrote:
So he gained respect of everyone by taking a beating from Mac? Kinda putting him on a pedistal here arent we? My problems with the winter classic had nothing to do with lack of HD or bad coverage. My problems was the Hawks got thumped.
Column wasn't bad, but promoting it as a BBQ then delivering that was a let down.

A Pedestal? Not at all. He could have called his wife and had her call the station and complain and get Mac suspended....He chose to call in and essentially tell Mac to go fuck himself in the nicest possible way he could. I found it to be classy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:58 pm 

Sorry Doug, slow posting was meant at Wind Sock and not you. I agree that it took balls to come on, and for that I think he earned respect by standing up for himself. However Wind Sock stated that his taking a beating from Mac would earn him respect of his co-workers and all sports media. That is what I disagree with.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage and Mushroom
The interview was bizarre radio. "Tony" Hawks laughing, Macky seem unsure what to do with him. Hawks took the art of war to Macky and really reversed the tables on him by killing him with kindness.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Interseting thought Tee. My radio was pegged at AM1000 for years because of similar reasons you described in addition to the 670 morning show being bad for recent memory.
Since that train has derailed, I listen to Mully and Hands and have ditched the Mikes.
Now that the AM1000 clock and 670 clocks are staggerred, I listen to B&B during MJH commercials. Sometimes I'll stick around for a segment or two.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's deep-dish peperroni and spinach
I personally find it hilarious that Dan McNeil was on the very first Sunday Sports Nite with Daryl Hawks himself... and once he wasn't invited back to the show had the brave idea of girlling the whole department... pretty easy to fire away when you've cut ties (more like been rejected) by the station, isn't it Mac???

Plus Hawks went on MAC'S very own show, conducted himself professionally, and made "Dangerous Dan" and his goon buddies sound like a group of high school thugs goofing off in the back of the class and picking on the smart kid.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

double post!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Outside of sports radio the mainstream sports media is irrelevant. Good job for Mac calling out his own station and supporting local talk radio, I've never liked Mac but dudes got some balls.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
VOR25 wrote:
I personally find it hilarious that Dan McNeil was on the very first Sunday Sports Nite with Daryl Hawks himself... and once he wasn't invited back to the show had the brave idea of girlling the whole department... pretty easy to fire away when you've cut ties (more like been rejected) by the station, isn't it Mac???

They can't afford Mac, which is a different discussion alltogether, but still makes you wrong. Bernsie hasn't been back either I don't think, but are you grilling him? Either you don't read the board much, or don't listen to MJH.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Calling that weak ass article a BBQ'ng is like calling Halfwit Harry a funny comedian.

Mac is nothing more than a sophomoric pussy. Tough guy aren't you Mac? Little wonder your overgrown ego has become a joke. Reading the comments about Hawk calling in, indicates who the real man is and it sure isn't Mac.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think Bernsie did three weeks, maybe only two.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Score is doomed wrote:
Calling that weak ass article a BBQ'ng is like calling Halfwit Harry a funny comedian.

Mac is nothing more than a sophomoric pussy. Tough guy aren't you Mac? Little wonder your overgrown ego has become a joke. Reading the comments about Hawk calling in, indicates who the real man is and it sure isn't Mac.

Sid has the warm and fuzzies IN HIS UNDERWARE knowing Hawks is a real man. :P I'm sure you could be a friend to Hawks Sid. ............ :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next