It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Calling that weak ass article a BBQ'ng is like calling Halfwit Harry a funny comedian.

Mac is nothing more than a sophomoric pussy. Tough guy aren't you Mac? Little wonder your overgrown ego has become a joke. Reading the comments about Hawk calling in, indicates who the real man is and it sure isn't Mac.

Sid has the warm and fuzzies IN HIS UNDERWARE knowing Hawks is a real man. :P I'm sure you could be a friend to Hawks Sid. ............ :lol:
Gee, then I could be just like you with Mac!! What a goal to set.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Score is doomed wrote:
Calling that weak ass article a BBQ'ng is like calling Halfwit Harry a funny comedian.

Wrong. Like it or hate it, agree or disagree with it, people are reading Mac's article and talking about it. You're just as guilty, sid.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Score is doomed wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:

Mac is nothing more than a sophomoric pussy. Tough guy aren't you Mac? Little wonder your overgrown ego has become a joke. Reading the comments about Hawk calling in, indicates who the real man is and it sure isn't Mac.

Sid has the warm and fuzzies IN HIS UNDERWARE knowing Hawks is a real man. :P I'm sure you could be a friend to Hawks Sid. ............ :lol:
Gee, then I could be just like you with Mac!! What a goal to set.

I think your jealous you can't get into Mac's pants. You are the first one to post your lame thoughts and false bravado of hatred form him but all the while but you can't get him out of your mind. A douche , such as yourself spends this much time talking about the guy has to have the hots for him.

I think you have a boner for the guy and can't let it go. :bom:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

[quote="STU-GOTZ
I think your jealous you can't get into Mac's pants. You are the first one to post your lame thoughts and false bravado of hatred form him but all the while but you can't get him out of your mind. A douche , such as yourself spends this much time talking about the guy has to have the hots for him.

I think you have a boner for the guy and can't let it go. :bom:[/quote][/quote]

Don't worry, he's all your's. Try not to get so jealous over nothing. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Napoli's in the Stock
Quote:

I think you have a boner for the guy and can't let it go

And the Mac ALS charter member has spoken. Stu you just kill us here man.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:48 pm 

The North / Jiggs thing - whatever. The jury is out. There's no way in hell a cable show on M-F in the morning is going to rescue jack shit though. It can't be any worse than the crap Johnny B has on NBC5 though

Marriotti observations: YOUARECORRECTSIR!

Boers and Bernstein missive: ratings talk? yawn

Mike and Mike nugget: Nice veiled shot at Mulligan and Hanley - a couple of columnists interloping in the sportsradio world. After all, they don't want you 'radio guys' taking money from ink stained wretches

I felt the grilling of NBC5 was spot on. I agreed 100% on every point. Nice to see Mac play nice with Peggy Kuzinski. And Mac, NBC5 (supposedly) has no 'lead anchor'. It's 'team coverage'. I didn't hear Hawks call in, but I do give him some props for doing it.

Kerry Sayers deserves to be on TV - whether it's NBC5, or that CBS2 disaster. It's a shame she's unemployed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

UNCLE FESTER +SID =MATCH.

I gave Mac shit for the article so I don't know what you assclowns want from me ...Mac's a smart guy as it gave his show ,this board and the Chicago media something to talk about on a cold Janurary Thursday with not much else to talk about.

Say what you will about the guy but he brings fodder to an other wise empty grill ..He's a sly fox and don't think for one second he didn't know what he was doing when he wrote the piece.

I'm sure he's sitting in his hall of fame with a Scotch and cigar ,kicked back and laughing at how stupid you all are. Did Bobby Hull ever leave Mac? :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Stu, it's just a shame it was such a pansy ass column. Even you thought it was a lame excuse for a column. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:44 pm 

Stu... point taken about the article and about the grief shared with Mac. As I stated earlier in this post, I still think he is blow holing out both sides of his mouth. We both know he would like to sit on Uncle Terrys lap again and wax poetic about the good old days. I think it has been implied enough that his disdain for Bernsy and how he probably thinks he could coax more out of TB in Terry's swan song of a radio career.
The problem I have with Mac writing this article is it sounds as he forgot where good ole Mackey came from. Mac was a no-namer to the masses when he started at WSCR and thanks to reaching out to the fans the whole station thrived. I would bet you a dollar to a donut that if we were flies on the wall and could witness Macs true intimate conversations about Pappy, we would here a lot of hatred and ill will expressed towards the man named Mike North. Just a hunch. Seeing as you get to hang at Mackeyland (sp? proper verbage) and seem to know the Mac outside of the radio booth, you tell us. Mac is just going to do the PC thing and tell us he has an immense respect for Mike North and wishes him well in his endeavors. Bull SH!t, I don't like Mike North, chances are you don't like Mike North, and as I said I think it is safe to say Mac doesn't like Mike North.
And finally, who really cares about the Sport anchor on NBC5. I really think Giangreco has made the other four major stations sports anchors irrelevant. Maybe NBC is smart for trudging out the "b" team sports crew for reduced money. Your not going to be #1 in the Chicagoland market with your sportscast that takes 3 minutes at most on any given day.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
JenJen, on Facebook, wrote:
Jen Patterson posted a news story. - Comment - ShareNorth, Jiggetts will rescue local media :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Dan McNeil
Source: www.suntimes.com
After woeful 2008, North, Jiggetts will rescue local media - CHICAGO SUN-TIMES

Is that her Ad-Lib at the end there, or did the ST really print something like that? I only read the article here.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i love post like these. thank you fester. it allows me to be a cynical douchebag. :)
disclaimer: I listen to way too much sports radio. but, i can. so, i do.

apparrently you never head Coppock and Sports and Dangerous Dan McNeil...circa 1989 (old skool bitches)

You would bet a dollar to a donut, but it's just a hunch?
glad I get my betting advice from Coast and Slapshot Ed and Stu (or not :P )

Mac has respect for North and Bernsie. He has said as much. Maybe for reasons that are not apparrent.

Who cares about the presentation? That's just lazy thought to me. Who cares...whatevs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

uncle fester wrote:
Stu... point taken about the article and about the grief shared with Mac. As I stated earlier in this post, I still think he is blow holing out both sides of his mouth. We both know he would like to sit on Uncle Terrys lap again and wax poetic about the good old days. I think it has been implied enough that his disdain for Bernsy and how he probably thinks he could coax more out of TB in Terry's swan song of a radio career.
The problem I have with Mac writing this article is it sounds as he forgot where good ole Mackey came from. Mac was a no-namer to the masses when he started at WSCR and thanks to reaching out to the fans the whole station thrived. I would bet you a dollar to a donut that if we were flies on the wall and could witness Macs true intimate conversations about Pappy, we would here a lot of hatred and ill will expressed towards the man named Mike North. Just a hunch. Seeing as you get to hang at Mackeyland (sp? proper verbage) and seem to know the Mac outside of the radio booth, you tell us. Mac is just going to do the PC thing and tell us he has an immense respect for Mike North and wishes him well in his endeavors. Bull SH!t, I don't like Mike North, chances are you don't like Mike North, and as I said I think it is safe to say Mac doesn't like Mike North.
And finally, who really cares about the Sport anchor on NBC5. I really think Giangreco has made the other four major stations sports anchors irrelevant. Maybe NBC is smart for trudging out the "b" team sports crew for reduced money. Your not going to be #1 in the Chicagoland market with your sportscast that takes 3 minutes at most on any given day.

Truth be told that when I do hang out with Mac and it's not very often that I do but he does not talk about his job nor do I ask. I think Slappy will agree and tell you guys the same thing . We hang out and just make each other laugh , drink a few pops and tell stories. Im sure Mac doesn't want to sit there with his buddies and talk about North or Jiggs or Harry or Jurko. He's one to say at times "I don't ask you about your job , don't ask me about mine"..Good words to live by because I really don't care. If he has a tought he brings it to his show and talks about it.

I've asked Slappy a few questions about show things and he has said that he and Mac don't talk about the show at all when they hang out and he doesn't care about the behind the show things either and he hangs out with Mac more than anyone here so to answer your question I guess you should ask Mac and you can do that on this thread and I'm sure he'll answer it here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:23 pm 

Doug, I forgot about Dangerous Dan McNeil, maybe thats how influentiial Coppack on Sports was for me growing up in the burbs, point being, he wasn't. Albeit though you are right, I know for most of my buddies and myself Dan Mcneil was unknown in 1992 until the heavy Fuel crew.

I'm glad you only take betting advice from the few you said, I really relieved to hear that you didn't subscribe to Pappy's don't fade me .com Whew one more person we can cross off the "they got screwed list"

I'm glad you don't care about the presentation, apparently enough of us here do though. So whatev or whatever other nonsensical words you used.

And I too can also be a cynical douchebag :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
uncle fester wrote:
I'm glad you don't care about the presentation, apparently enough of us here do though. So whatev or whatever other nonsensical words you used.

And I too can also be a cynical douchebag :lol:

nice reverse sarcasm.... 8)

Hey Dr. Ken, I like this guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:10 am 

As brutal as Daryl is, Paula makes up for it. She knows her sports too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
fox23 wrote:

Many a man has talked to her, then walked away shaking his head, surprised that she knows more about sports than himself.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:35 am 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
UNCLE FESTER +SID =MATCH.

I gave Mac shit for the article so I don't know what you assclowns want from me

Let's start with a few winning picks.

I thought you had a friend in Tahoe. Well, it's the time of year to start working that association.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
newper wrote:
fox23 wrote:

Many a man has talked to her, then walked away shaking his head, surprised that she knows more about sports than himself.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
I've asked Slappy a few questions about show things and he has said that he and Mac don't talk about the show at all when they hang out and he doesn't care about the behind the show things either and he hangs out with Mac more than anyone here so to answer your question I guess you should ask Mac and you can do that on this thread and I'm sure he'll answer it here.
[/quote]

Mac and I usally are talking Bulls basketball when we are hanging out. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:17 pm 

aparicio wrote:
Yaaaawwwnnnnnn!!!!

Looks like the BBQ was cancelled and a weenie roast was held in its place.

Ill bet you a sawbuck it wasnt cancelled...a few sawbucks actuallly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:
aparicio wrote:
Yaaaawwwnnnnnn!!!!

Looks like the BBQ was cancelled and a weenie roast was held in its place.

Ill bet you a sawbuck it wasnt cancelled...a few sawbucks actuallly

The man knows his weenies. You gotta gve him that...

SAWBUCKS!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I like the article that Mac wrote, however this "problem" of bad local media coverage extends to not just Chicago but Nationally.

The ESPN TV networks have become unwatchable, I understand that they are trying to reach a more "causal" sports fan but it has gotten ridiculous. A rapper was on ESPN First Take talking with Skip Bayless about sports. Maybe I'm old fashioned (at the age of 26) but I'd rather here from former athletes or people who specially cover a certain sport i.e. John Clayton.

Its nothing against sports writers, but I'm tired of hearing them talking at length about a "hot topic" to get ratings, or shows that bring in celebrities to talk about sports.

As for locally, I try to watch as such Comcast as I can. I just think that a station that is completely committed to sports will do it best because that's all it has to do. ABC, NBC, FOX and others tend to spread themselves out too thin.

Then again what the hell do I know?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:34 pm 

Location: A little town called none of your god-damned business
Mac wrote:
Don't miss the Sun-Times tomorrow. Unless it finds its way to the cutting room floor... thoughts offered on the return of North & Jiggetts... recent radio ratings... Darryl Hawks and NBC-5 (what media column would be complete without it?)... and Comcast Sports Net. The hook: the Cubs, White Sox, Bears and Bulls weren't alone in stinking up the city in 2008.

Well Mac, I bet you wish you could have this one back. Pride cometh before the fall.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:56 pm 

While I'm sure that some of those who got "barbequed" might be smirking now, I doubt Mac regrets one word of what he wrote. Lets not forget, he barbequed himself and his show, for not doing a better job in 2008, in that article. Is Darryl Hawks better because MVP declined to pick up Mac's final year of his contract? No, he still sucks! The article was tough on some people, but accurate. The thing that has made guys like Mac and North very successful, is a willingness to voice their opinions, loud and clear. They don't worry so much about being politically correct. This sets them up for a fall sometimes and there are those who celebrate that fall when it comes about. But at least they have the balls to climb the mountain.

Mac will be fine. He'll land on his feet somewhere and probably do an even better show. I'm guessing that show will not include Harry and may or may not feature Jurko. But as "Da Coach" says..."Tough times don't last, tough people do".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Mac, this isn’t intended to take you directly to task for what you wrote but more so to look at the points you were making.

1. North’s Contract. Could it be that there really wasn’t a deal as lucrative as reported? Between North’s words and actions it just doesn’t add up, even if the amount was 1/4th the previous amount North was reported to have made it would still be far more than what he’s been able to earn since his departure. I can go along with “principle” and money not being everything, but whatever disappointment here falls upon North for not being too astute.

2. Jay Mariotti. A “must read”? Why? Was it his technical writing skills? Insights? Ability to pee longer, further, and in any direction, and to tell everyone that the piss smell associated with him was “quality” expensive cologne?

3. Sustaining your own show’s success: More billboards?

4. M&MMS. Ever consider that your show feeds that show’s success? I know that M&H taking over for North can keep my car radio dial in place for B&B in the afternoons.

5. North & Jiggetts. As much as I enjoyed listening to them in their heyday I don’t find it encouraging that their TV success will somehow raise the water for those in your trade. When North was selling himself (and to an extent being recognized) as the face of Chicago sports opinion, I don’t think it reflected too favorably upon the rest of your trade. Those occasions of seeing (and hearing) him in other markets didn’t impress the locals and on a few occasions made Chicago seem a little less “worldly.” The fact that North has ventured into TV on at least 2 prior short-run occasions doesn’t lend much credence for success this time around. And, considering that the target demographic isn’t likely to be watching TV at that time of day you have to question just how successful this endeavor will be?

Then again, if your show starts picking up on whatever he’s discussing he may have a chance.

The North and Jiggets TV experiment makes me long for Ray Raynor and Chelveston the Duck in the mornings.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
SHARK wrote:
I can't wait for Mac's latest column, especially the shots towards NBC 5's Daryl Hawks, who I also can't stand! :x :x :oops:

SHARK, SHARK, SHARK.......

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:00 pm 

spmack wrote:
SHARK wrote:
I can't wait for Mac's latest column, especially the shots towards NBC 5's Daryl Hawks, who I also can't stand! :x :x :oops:

SHARK, SHARK, SHARK.......

Where was SHARK's wheareabouts last night and this morning?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Thanks for whoever found this arrogant STUPID column.

Just shows the Highland Hillbilly is a true fucking MORON. He'll be working on MNEN soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:32 am 

Most of the things Mac said ring true to me. Jiggets and North did an outstanding show for many years. it did not translate to TV very well and the TV show did not work out. I think North's attitude was far different than it was when he begged Danny Lee to give him a chance to take the spot Bruce Wolf vacated shortly before the Score began boadcasting. North's ego was like the Grinch's heart...it grew several sizes. As far as Daryl Hawks goes-the guy was awful. It was amazing that he was able to get and hold a job in sports media in a large market like Chicago as he did. His death doesn't change the quality of the work he produced while alive.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
As far as Daryl Hawks goes-the guy was awful. It was amazing that he was able to get and hold a job in sports media in a large market like Chicago as he did. His death doesn't change the quality of the work he produced while alive.

I've never seen Daryl Hawks mentioned on this board. Frankly, I don't even know who the fuck he is. But talking about the quality of his work- or lack thereof- on the day he died is really unnecessary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next