It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Not so fast...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Zippy The Pinhead wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Mac just anounced that MJH is number 1 in male demo 25 and up. Said they had a 6.3.

I knew they would beat B&B. What were B&B numbers.

From Feder..."Among men 25-54, WMVP's team ranks first in the market at 6.3 between 3 and 7 p.m. WSCR's Mean Machine, having moved from middays to 2 to 6 p.m. in September, did a 4.8 to place fourth in the demo. WSCR, though, is quick to point to the December numbers for men 18-plus, suggesting the race is now dead even. Boers and Bernstein did a 3.4 share, compared with 3.3 for the WMVP guys."

To quote Satchel Paige: "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you"

Does it mean that the demo Mac and the crew absolutely rule is 18-25 males?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:23 pm 
taa wrote:
Zippy The Pinhead wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Mac just anounced that MJH is number 1 in male demo 25 and up. Said they had a 6.3.

From Feder..."Among men 25-54, WMVP's team ranks first in the market at 6.3 between 3 and 7 p.m. WSCR's Mean Machine, having moved from middays to 2 to 6 p.m. in September, did a 4.8 to place fourth in the demo. WSCR, though, is quick to point to the December numbers for men 18-plus, suggesting the race is now dead even. Boers and Bernstein did a 3.4 share, compared with 3.3 for the WMVP guys."

25-54 year old men is what they drew the best ratings on.

The December ratings are pretty funny if you ask me. Kind of like being the tallest midget as none of the usual suspects (except Dan Bernstein) worked for two weeks. All Bernsie has to have happen in future Decembers is have the competition take the ENTIRE month off, and then he might actually win instead of tie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:33 pm 
No kidding. The terrible J Hood was a major part of the December Arbitron book. I'm a MJH guy but I went to 670 when that piece of crap phony Hood was patrolling the air waves.

Hood, MJH number were cut in half when you were on. I hope that humbles your out of control ego.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:59 pm 
I got them from Hoodsucks.com.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Ron Gleason's Wife's Wang wrote:
taa wrote:
Zippy The Pinhead wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

25-54 year old men is what they drew the best ratings on.

The December ratings are pretty funny if you ask me. Kind of like being the tallest midget as none of the usual suspects (except Dan Bernstein) worked for two weeks. All Bernsie has to have happen in future Decembers is have the competition take the ENTIRE month off, and then he might actually win instead of tie.

That would be wrong about having the entire month off. The book ended on December 14th per Sherman or Feder (dont remember who). Pappy took off the entire time that the ratings werent recorded, the new book started on Jan 3.

Nas the numbers that are being quoted are from Sherman in todays Tribune.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:26 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Zippy The Pinhead wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

It wasn't Feder, it was Ed Sherman, GET YOUR QUOTES STRAIGHT!!

You are correct sir...it was Ed Sherman (AKA The Comedy Police). I had a brain fart. Sorry 'bout that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:09 pm 
It's become apparent that people who love MJH don't do very well on standardized tests. Radio for meathead dipshits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:24 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
It's become apparent that people who love MJH don't do very well on standardized tests. Radio for meathead dipshits.

"Radio for meathead dipshits" is a sentence fragment. I'm a MJH listener and even I know that. See the way it works is you're supposed to have a noun and a verb. For instance: "You are a flamer". In this instance "you" is the noun and "are" is the verb. "Flamer" would be called an adjective unless I said, "You were flaming it up last night". Then it's a verb. An adverb would be if I said, "You were walking flamingly along". But attempting to construct a real sentence was a valiant effort on your part. Now go flamingly flame it up, you flamer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:35 pm 
Quote:
For instance: "You are a flamer". In this instance "you" is the noun and "are" is the verb. "Flamer" would be called an adjective

Actually, "flamer" would be a noun in the example above. :wink:

Post subject: Incorrect!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:31 pm 
ChiFan44 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

"Radio for meathead dipshits" is a sentence fragment. I'm a MJH listener and even I know that. See the way it works is you're supposed to have a noun and a verb. For instance: "You are a flamer". In this instance "you" is the noun and "are" is the verb. "Flamer" would be called an adjective unless I said, "You were flaming it up last night". Then it's a verb. An adverb would be if I said, "You were walking flamingly along". But attempting to construct a real sentence was a valiant effort on your part. Now go flamingly flame it up, you flamer.

That would be "I'm an MJH listener" You go with the phonetic pronunciation of "MJH" with starts with a vowel. But thanks for participating nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:25 pm 

Who Cares...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:06 pm 

"WSCR, though, is quick to point to the December numbers for men 18-plus, suggesting the race is now dead even."

Why is WSCR so quick to point this out?

All it means is that, in a very small sample size of two weeks, if you add in 18-24 year old men, generally considered to be immature and having little spending power, B&B pull even. Is that really something to brag about?

Using this logic to say the race is dead even is not dissimilar to the logic used by the Enron accountants.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
24_Guy wrote:
"WSCR, though, is quick to point to the December numbers for men 18-plus, suggesting the race is now dead even."

Why is WSCR so quick to point this out?

All it means is that, in a very small sample size of two weeks, if you add in 18-24 year old men, generally considered to be immature and having little spending power, B&B pull even. Is that really something to brag about?

Using this logic to say the race is dead even is not dissimilar to the logic used by the Enron accountants.

Simply the work of spinmasters...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just a friendly bump. It appears that in the last year MJH has gone from a 6.3 to a 4.4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:10 am 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
Stink:

You shouldn't like Cave In because they haven't put out a good record since Until Your Heart Stops.

As far as MJH go, congrats to them. Personally, I am not a huge fan of the show. I have tuned in from time to time but never really got into it like I have with B&B. They are ok but just do not appeal to me. Furthermore, the ratings mean absolutely nothing to me. I do not care who wins the books. I like what I hear on the Score better and I will keep listening until I do not like it anymore.

It's like the Cubs/Sox thing. Yeah, I have been a Cubs fan my whole life, but I never took part in the hate-one-love-the-other thing. The town is big enough for two teams and two afternoon shows, even if one of them is excedingly large and the other does excedingly poorly in the ratings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:46 am 
1000 CLUB

damn you spammers, man, i used the love the boards with the anonymous guests. great stuff. and props to 'bruce weber', registering for just that one line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:01 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Since when did Big Fan open up the boards to guests again? I guess KS will say I posted all of those, too. LOL.

In any event, congrats to MJH for being 1 again.

Post subject: Look
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:36 am 

EVERYBODY talks up their successes - especially in radio and tv. But you know what - its not necessarily done so that MVP diehards can brag to the Score Heads or vice-versa. Its done, among other things, to create more advertising revenue. If you are a company thinking about where you want to plunk your ad $$$, aren't you more inclined to back the winning horse? That is why spinsters at both stations will try and tailor the message the way they want it perceived.

Name me one place that wouldn't want their consumors and their sponsors knowing that they are listening/spending their money with a winner.

Although I do enjoy reading the Score vs. MVP posts...keep 'em coming! I like seeing some of the old score guys come out of the shadows. It reminds me of when sportsradio was at its high point in the late 90s.

Post subject: Re: Look
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:04 am 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="OPV"]
Name me one place that wouldn't want their consumors and their sponsors knowing that they are listening/spending their money with a winner.

The Blackhawks there Buddy !! OPV where ya been . Great time at your Christmas party .

For the record OPV is the first and only guy I know to serve "SCHLITZ BEER" at a party over the last 20 years . :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:50 am 

Quote:
Those were the days when the quote used to work

LOL, I was reading this thread and thinking to myself "joy! the quote feature works now!" Just realized these are old as hell. Why doesn't the freaking quote feature work, damnit?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think Roe Conn has the most listeners from 2-7, but the ass kissing is sweet none the less.

Post subject: This years ratings...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
To those who were responding to the previous comments, please note: Most were from a year ago. :roll:

As for current ratings...from today's Ed Sherman:

"In the 3-7 p.m. period, the Dan Bernstein-Terry Boers afternoon show on WSCR can claim a 3.6-3.4 victory over WMVP's Dan McNeil, John Jurkovic and Harry Teinowitz in men-18. But I can hear Mac now, shouting that his show holds a 4.4-4.2 edge in the all-important men's 25-54 demographic."

Link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs ... &cset=true