It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boers and Bernsie?

Steve Dahl?

The word is all of 'em are lying on the ground after getting a stiff arm and a kick in the arse from the 900 pounds of rock 'em sock 'em man meat otherwise known as Mac, Jurko and Harry.

...and here I thought WSCR would win this PM drive time slot in short order, as Mac, Jurko and Harry have had 'no competition' from WSCR the past few years.

I've got bad news for ole Mitch. His PM drivetime squad is licking the nut sacks of Steve Dahl and some hispanic channel....

Who knows, maybe that's why they gave Ozzie's son his own radio gig at the Score.

But the moral to the story: Competition makes all radio station's programming better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:12 pm 
Mac just anounced that MJH is number 1 in male demo 25 and up. Said they had a 6.3.

I knew they would beat B&B. What were B&B numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
Another reason I don't listen too often. The constant reminders of being number 1, Yeah yeah yeah. So what? Like I've said before, it's like the Frat Boy asswipe in college that always bragged about getting laid or how drunk he got, or that his dad owns a dealership. And that's just what it is, it's meathead, frat boy radio. Gambling? Fantasy Football? Excruciating references to being just a place to talk with the guys at the tavern, when it is the most air tight, produced show in sports radio? To me, it's less tolerable than the occasional political diatribe, or less smoothly run radio on Brokeback Radio 2-6. But I'm an apologist, so my opinion doesn't matter, right guests?.

MJH is like being on Zoloft. It's OK most of the time, and you don't have nearly as many gun-in-mouth portions, but you never really get the classic bits that you get elsewhere.

But, I suppose it all comes down to personal tastes, and the ratings just reflect that people prefer consistency.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:52 pm 
i couldnt have summed it up better myself.

you're absolutely right on all accounts.

great post, stinkfinger.

thrillho

Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:
Another reason I don't listen too often. The constant reminders of being number 1, Yeah yeah yeah. So what? Like I've said before, it's like the Frat Boy asswipe in college that always bragged about getting laid or how drunk he got, or that his dad owns a dealership. And that's just what it is, it's meathead, frat boy radio. Gambling? Fantasy Football? Excruciating references to being just a place to talk with the guys at the tavern, when it is the most air tight, produced show in sports radio? To me, it's less tolerable than the occasional political diatribe, or less smoothly run radio on Brokeback Radio 2-6. But I'm an apologist, so my opinion doesn't matter, right guests?.

MJH is like being on Zoloft. It's OK most of the time, and you don't have nearly as many gun-in-mouth portions, but you never really get the classic bits that you get elsewhere.

But, I suppose it all comes down to personal tastes, and the ratings just reflect that people prefer consistency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
so....is this with or without the Sox?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
so....is this with or without the Sox?

With: http://www.arbitron.com/home/content.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:30 pm 

Unfortunately for your heroes, too few people agree with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:34 pm 

Yes, you are an apologist. And yes your opinion does matter, we are not sure to whom it matters to though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Arbitron wrote:

Suits me just fine. What do you care if the show that you like has the best ratings? What stake do you even have in it? I've never understood that argument on this board. How does that fact that a show gets good ratings make a show more enjoyable to you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:38 pm 
It really doesn't. But people take plesure in the failure of the people that they don't like. We live in a very hateful society. I love it though. Hate is a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:41 pm 
Arbitron wrote:

Suits me just fine. What do you care if the show that you like has the best ratings? What stake do you even have in it? I've never understood that argument on this board. How does that fact that a show gets good ratings make a show more enjoyable to you?

It might mean that better ratings happen because they have a better show to listen to. Don't fear though, B&B doubled the 50 listeners that Telander had, so all is not lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

MJH RULE wrote:
It might mean that better ratings happen because they have a better show to listen to. Don't fear though, B&B doubled the 50 listeners that Telander had, so all is not lost.

I don't really follow your point. I've admitted that B&B can be a much tougher listen at times, which was the point of my hypothesis on why people prefer MJH. The highs are higher, and lows are lower with Boers and Bernstein.

Once again, if you like MJH more than B&B, that's fine, more power to you, but bragging about the ratings seems pointless. Mariah Carey has sold more records than Cave In, but does that mean that I should like her BECAUSE she's sold more records, or if I was a fan of her in the first place, should I use that as a justification that she's better than Cave In to someone who's not a fan of Mariah Carey? No, because it's all taste. That's all I'm saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:10 pm 
Mac did not give the exact numbers. But he said that MJH beat B&B by a land slide. He said that this was the 7th consecutive book they have beaten the score.

I agree with Mac about the sox being overrated in there success. No matter what station my sox are on has no influence on what shows i will listen too. That has always been a stupid arguement

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Arbitron wrote:

Stinky, don't you enjoy watching your child or friend to 'win'. Not saying MJH is family or friend, but I do enjoy the fact that I've been listening to them since Day One, and they have slowly climbed to the top and have remained there for almost two years. Just as I took great pride in the fact that 'my team' (the White Sox) won the World Series - even though the vast majority of Chicago is comprised of Cub fans.

In radio, the higher the ratings, typically the more the station can charge for advertising, and the more the hosts make. Not that I care who gets rich - but it's nice to see some guys I enjoy listening to that built their product from nothing enjoy some success.

Radio is cyclical, and more than likely they won't be able to sustain their success - but seven straight victories in the ratings is pretty nice to hang your hat on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:51 pm 
Change your fucking avatar homo! You must like sucking MJH's dicks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:50 pm 
Beef likes it up his ass wrote:

Shouldn't you be working on catching MJH Drinky?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:56 pm 
MJH RULE wrote:

I don't really follow your point. I've admitted that B&B can be a much tougher listen at times, which was the point of my hypothesis on why people prefer MJH. The highs are higher, and lows are lower with Boers and Bernstein.

Once again, if you like MJH more than B&B, that's fine, more power to you, but bragging about the ratings seems pointless. Mariah Carey has sold more records than Cave In, but does that mean that I should like her BECAUSE she's sold more records, or if I was a fan of her in the first place, should I use that as a justification that she's better than Cave In to someone who's not a fan of Mariah Carey? No, because it's all taste. That's all I'm saying.

I don't know Cave, but I'm guessing their music is much different than Mariah Carey's.

The two shows are competing for the same market. There is the main difference. If there ever was a high with Boers, I can't recall it. More power to you for liking them.

But ratings are how winners are chosen. How many people who showed up downtown for the Sox ever went to a game last year? I think that people tend to follow a winner, that's all. And that's a main reason that people like MJH. They feel like they are a part of what they do, (the Last Tavern) B&B tend to make listeners feel like morons and idiots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've pinched loafs bigger than you. Stop hiding behind a keyboard you limp wristed pansy ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:21 pm 
You mean you sucked dicks bigger than me? U are a fucking homo! Only fags have avatars like that. Get off your knees bitch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:35 pm 
Beef, I think an Ed Hochili interview would triple ratings and possibly triple Ed's arm mass at the same time. Let's make it happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:45 pm 
per Mac...only three Sox games were on during the book which is three months long..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

You mean you sucked dicks bigger than me? U are a fucking homo! Only fags have avatars like that. Get off your knees bitch!

Big talker hiding behind a keyboard. Nice to see George Ofman is perusing the message boards.... I'll kick you in the rear if I ever find you George and you'll be wearin' your ass for a hat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Should I use one with your girlfriend on the cover?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:04 am 
1000 CLUB

1. Both stations have touted their ratings, so it's disingenuous of you to bash MJH for doing it when B&B did it themselves when they used to rule mornings. When North was on top of the ratings, he would remind listeners of it every day. You just don't hear it much on the Score any more because they aren't winning right now. When heads and hosts finally roll at the Score and they return to the top, you can be assured they will be screaming the ratings every chance they get.

2. B&B can be informative. No question. On their best days, they can be very good. But their personalities make them a very difficult listen for some of us. You can call MJH meathead, frat boy radio if you like, but then you have to recognize that B&B is rude, arrogant asshole radio. You apparently prefer to be entertained and informed by assholes. I would rather be entertained and informed by decent people. It's a great world that our personal interests and values can both be served through our entertainment choices. I wouldn't say people necessarily listen to MJH because they prefer consistency...some might simply prefer decency.

3. Classic bits? Like all the lousy sound effects of short music clips and expressions that can't be understood on most radios? Classic bits like referring to all sorts of things as "g a y" every few minutes? You really think continual jokes about sexual preferences and sexual references are funny? Keep it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:58 am 

Go back to your brokeback radio station forum you BB apologist. Ironic how the 'guest' that agreed with you posted minutes after you did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:17 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Coast2Coast wrote:
I would rather be entertained and informed by decent people.

Do you consider an ex-jock fart and burp machine sharing the state of his colonic agony and fertility control methods on the air decent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:53 am 
Jurko's act is entirely inappropriate at times and I've said so here before. Maybe it's a matter of picking one's poison. Both of these shows are apparently designed for 20 somethings who think fart jokes and sexual references are entertaining. I can understand people choosing B&B's form of immaturity over Jurko's infantile behavior. Both have driven me away to other options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:00 am 
1000 CLUB

Sorry, that was me above answering Taa. Didn't realize I wasn't signed in.

Post subject: Not so fast...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:59 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Mac just anounced that MJH is number 1 in male demo 25 and up. Said they had a 6.3.

From Feder..."Among men 25-54, WMVP's team ranks first in the market at 6.3 between 3 and 7 p.m. WSCR's Mean Machine, having moved from middays to 2 to 6 p.m. in September, did a 4.8 to place fourth in the demo. WSCR, though, is quick to point to the December numbers for men 18-plus, suggesting the race is now dead even. Boers and Bernstein did a 3.4 share, compared with 3.3 for the WMVP guys."

To quote Satchel Paige: "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you"

Post subject: Re: Not so fast...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:39 pm 
Zippy The Pinhead wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

From Feder..."Among men 25-54, WMVP's team ranks first in the market at 6.3 between 3 and 7 p.m. WSCR's Mean Machine, having moved from middays to 2 to 6 p.m. in September, did a 4.8 to place fourth in the demo. WSCR, though, is quick to point to the December numbers for men 18-plus, suggesting the race is now dead even. Boers and Bernstein did a 3.4 share, compared with 3.3 for the WMVP guys."

To quote Satchel Paige: "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you"

It wasn't Feder, it was Ed Sherman, GET YOUR QUOTES STRAIGHT!!